ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How come Mick never had a " Meltdown " ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th March 2008 12:02 PM
steel driving hammer Most everyone else today had their 19!

5th March 2008 12:08 PM
Fiji Joe He did...He called it Dirty Work
5th March 2008 12:14 PM
Gazza You think he didnt when he was thrown in the nick after his '67 drug bust? Or when Marianne OD'd?

It's a cultural thing, I think. Brits tend to be a bit reluctant to talk about their personal demons publicly. Especially back then. Mick's a private man when it comes to his personal life. Any emotional issues he may have had down the years he tends to cope with them behind closed doors, I would think

[Edited by Gazza]
5th March 2008 12:19 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You think he didnt when he was thrown in the nick after his '67 drug bust? Or when Marianne OD'd?

It's a cultural thing, I think. Brits tend to be a bit reluctant to talk about their personal demons publicly. Especially back then. Mick's a private man when it comes to personal life. Any emotional issues he may have had down the years he tends to cope with them behind closed doors, I would think
[Edited by Gazza]

I think you're right...he just didn't let his troubles ruin him like some of the lighter weight, less capable pop-stars...I have the feeling that Mick will have his biggest challenge ahead of him...when it's finally over...and if his dad is any indication, he'll have another 20 years to dwell on it
5th March 2008 02:15 PM
texile i think it was some girls - after his divorce....
the anger, bitterness and pain show in the songs and the fallout thereafter....
watch him on the 78 tour, coked up and scattered...
that's a meltdown.

6th March 2008 12:47 AM
glencar THAT'S a meltdown? I've seen much worse. Mick has been noted for being very cool in public & I don't recall ever hearing about him getting torqued because he couldn't get into some club or restaurant. No, if he ever had a meltdown it was done privately. Some people could learn from him!
6th March 2008 10:27 AM
glencar Joey, life's a disaster this morning!
6th March 2008 11:01 AM
BILL PERKS VIGOUROUS EXCERCISE...NO BOOZE,DRUGS OR NICOTINE.A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
6th March 2008 11:03 AM
BILL PERKS WATCHING THE BEST POST 1981 SHOW RIGHT NOW!!!!

2003 NYC MSG 4 FLICKS EDITION

"BEST RAMBLER YET,RONNIE"
6th March 2008 11:06 AM
icydanger
"Can't you see that I'm human?"
experienced meltdownsand humility

Blackout and hideaway
icydangerdangerdanger

[Edited by icydanger]
6th March 2008 12:01 PM
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
VIGOUROUS EXCERCISE...NO BOOZE,DRUGS OR NICOTINE.A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS

Kidney stones?
6th March 2008 02:42 PM
texile
quote:
glencar wrote:
THAT'S a meltdown? I've seen much worse. Mick has been noted for being very cool in public & I don't recall ever hearing about him getting torqued because he couldn't get into some club or restaurant. No, if he ever had a meltdown it was done privately. Some people could learn from him!

that's true,
i'm only reading into things -
jagger has never subjected the world to his private dillemas...and that is admirable.
in fact, WHILE he was in the middle of his divorce, he was, stoicly, shouldering the whole mess with keith getting busted and the question of what would happen to the stones at that point...
i've always wondered if there remained some resentment on mick's part about that.
all he ever gets from keith is catty comments in the press.
jagger may not be perfect, but he does show class in several regards.
6th March 2008 02:44 PM
glencar Good points. I think Jagger has never embarrassed himself publicly, unlike many other celebs & wannabes.
6th March 2008 03:02 PM
glencar Ah, my double standards, cornhuskering, deadend job, bicycle commuting loserish friend, I will miss you.
6th March 2008 03:32 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ah, my double standards, cornhuskering, deadend job, bicycle commuting loserish friend, I will miss you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6th March 2008 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, life's a disaster this morning!

!!!!!!
6th March 2008 05:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
texile wrote:
i've always wondered if there remained some resentment on mick's part about that.
all he ever gets from keith is catty comments in the press.
jagger may not be perfect, but he does show class in several regards.

I don't think Mick has any resentment towards Keith at all. I think he just shrugs it off as part of the act.
6th March 2008 07:17 PM
texile
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I don't think Mick has any resentment towards Keith at all. I think he just shrugs it off as part of the act.

that's probably true and why jagger will always be a classier act to me...
7th March 2008 12:17 AM
Sioux It's always classier if you can manage to keep your mouth shut. And it's a hard thing to do, too.
7th March 2008 04:34 PM
texile
quote:
Sioux wrote:
It's always classier if you can manage to keep your mouth shut. And it's a hard thing to do, too.

much harder,
because a persona can be built around you - and people make presumptions....
jagger comes across in his public persona as being cold, calculating and shallow..
as if the man who wrote let it loose or gimme shelter could be those things.
but jagger doesn't seem to give a shit what people think...(about his private self)
i respect that.
7th March 2008 04:35 PM
glencar People think Mick is shallow? I never thought that.
7th March 2008 04:40 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
glencar wrote:
People think Mick is shallow? I never thought that.

What constitutes being shallow?

The formal definition of "shallow" is as follows: shal·low ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shl) adj. shal·low·er, shal·low·est 1. Measuring little from bottom to top or surface; lacking physical depth. 2. Lacking depth of intellect, emotion, or knowledge: “This is a shallow parody of America” (Lloyd Rose). 3. Marked by insufficient inhalation of air; weak: shallow respirations. 4. In the part of a playing area that is closer to home plate: shallow left field. Considering the definition Id say Buddahmin's problem is that he's lacking surface.... I know he is intellectual, emotional and knowledgable (well about somethings) so yes... any Idea's on how to fix this problem of his or what shallow means to you?

Stones!!
7th March 2008 04:41 PM
glencar Nope, he's not shallow. Narcissistic, maybe.
7th March 2008 04:42 PM
Joey " Nope, he's not shallow . "

[Edited by Joey]
7th March 2008 04:47 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nope, he's not shallow. Narcissistic, maybe.

Glenny?

7th March 2008 04:48 PM
glencar Maybe in 1992...
7th March 2008 04:49 PM
texile i think the tabloid persona he aquired in the 80s, 90s made him seem, to those who know nothing else about him, shallow..but that's people, british tabloid magazine shit.
but i agree, jagger may have an ego,
but shallow - never.
7th March 2008 05:52 PM
StonesChick
quote:
texile wrote:
i think the tabloid persona he aquired in the 80s, 90s made him seem, to those who know nothing else about him, shallow..but that's people, british tabloid magazine shit.
but i agree, jagger may have an ego,
but shallow - never.

Mick's not shallow, and Keith has the biggest ego of them all.
7th March 2008 06:22 PM
texile
quote:
StonesChick wrote:

Mick's not shallow, and Keith has the biggest ego of them all.

now THAT is the post of the day for me.
7th March 2008 06:26 PM
StonesChick
quote:
texile wrote:

now THAT is the post of the day for me.

lol..thank you

Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)