ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Cure - Tour 2008 (NSC) Return to archive
5th March 2008 10:21 AM
Jeep Maybe we can find some Cure-addicts here...
It was yesterday night in Marseilles, a 3 hours and 35 songs show.

The Walk :

Pictures of You :

M / Play for Today :

======================================

[Edited by Jeep]
5th March 2008 11:57 AM
nanatod
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Maybe we can find some Cure-addicts here...
It was yesterday night in Marseilles, a 3 hours and 35 songs show.

The Cure are the only "big" act that I haven't seen live, probably because even though I knew of their existence, I wasn't into them until a year or so ago.

They are playing a suburban Chicago hockeybarn in May for roughly $110 for 2 tickets, with 1 opener, the same week that Dream Theater [another "not as big" act that I haven't seen in concert] is playing a nearby comfortable suburban theater for roughly $110 for 2 tickets, with three openers including Opeth.

I'm going back and forth trying to decide which of the two shows to see, but both look to be about the same [good] value for the money, especially since you indicated that the Cure played for 3 hours when you saw them.

[Edited by nanatod]
5th March 2008 01:50 PM
Starbuck robert smith makes my feet itch.

although i have always liked "a letter to elise".
5th March 2008 02:09 PM
Dan I saw them twice, great shows both times. Actually last time was from the back of a small stadium and with the low lighting I didn't actually see anything but it sounded great. The Stones should have been there taking notes on how to get good sound in a stadium.
5th March 2008 02:18 PM
texile ha,
my coworker and i were planning - for a year! - on attending their concert last fall....
the day of, she discovered - through the website - that the show was cancelled.....
it was actually kind of funny....
love their early-mid stuff - before the teenybopper goth crowd got hold of them.
6th March 2008 07:57 PM
TomL bet it was a great show.
6th March 2008 08:14 PM
robpop I like The Cure, Don't tell anybody though.
6th March 2008 10:12 PM
somebody Thanks for the links...
annoying singalong ..

[Edited by somebody]
6th March 2008 10:16 PM
robpop
quote:
somebody wrote:
Thanks for the links...
annoying singalong ..

[Edited by somebody]

That is a great song. Close to me, The head on the door.
6th March 2008 10:41 PM
robpop
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
robert smith makes my feet itch.

although i have always liked "a letter to elise".

Dawg Pound Gordon came around here tonight, I'm serious. He left though, probably because sway was not around.
7th March 2008 10:57 AM
Paranoid_Android One of the few true bands to define the 80's...They are a great band live and on CD....those pix look GREAT...TYVM!!!
8th March 2008 04:13 AM
corgi37 Fat little men in black with smeared make up do nothing for me at all. Though i didnt mind "A forest". My mate and i 1st heard that in 79-80. Loved the bass line.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)