ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC in studio ? Return to archive
4th March 2008 11:42 AM
Pierre http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/arts/story.html?id=c59ec7da-e851-4748-bc8a-829046e0b0a9

AC/DC said to be recording in Vancouver
First new album in nearly a decade
John Mackie, Vancouver Sun
Published: Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Australian hard rockers AC/DC are reportedly in Vancouver to record their first new album in nearly a decade.

The website metalunderground.com is reporting the band is recording at the Warehouse Studios in Gastown. No official sources have confirmed it: The Warehouse has a policy of not saying who is recording there, and no one at AC/DC management in New York was available for comment Monday afternoon. But a blogger named Kathleen on metalunderground.com wrote that she "just saw them dining at Yew Restaurant in the Four Seasons on W. Georgia!"

This wouldn't be the first time AC/DC recorded in Vancouver. They came to town in 1990 to record The Razor's Edge at Little Mountain Sound with the late Bruce Fairbairn, mixed a live album from their 1990-91 world at the same studio, then recorded their Stiff Upper Lip album at the Warehouse in 2000.

According to Wikipedia, AC/DC has sold 150 million records worldwide. Their biggest seller is Back in Black, which is more than 42 million internationally and over 22 million in the United States.

There is no word on how long the band will be in Vancouver, or if and when the band will be touring.

The Warehouse hasn't seen too many international acts lately, although local punk legends DOA recently recorded there with producer Bob Rock.

But a who's who of rock acts have used The Warehouse in the past, including Metallica, Avril Lavigne, Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Michael Buble, R.E.M., Motley Crue, Chris Isaak, Shakira, Alanis Morissette, the Barenaked Ladies, Elton John, Elvis Costello, the Cranberries and Sarah McLachlan, among others. Bryan Adams has recorded there as well -- after all, he owns it.

[email protected]
4th March 2008 11:57 AM
nankerphelge The planets are beginning to align...

4th March 2008 02:06 PM
MidnightRambler About damn time
4th March 2008 02:18 PM
Gazza The almost annual rumour of them headlining at Slane Castle thus summer has been gathering apace in the last week or two, if thats anything to go by....
4th March 2008 06:04 PM
Soldatti Great news. I liked their last album, 8 years since the release date this week.
4th March 2008 08:16 PM
fireontheplatter i hope the lead singers voice has improved
4th March 2008 10:17 PM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The planets are beginning to align...

Nanky....you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'???

(Great pic, btw...I'm gonna steal it from you, ok?)
5th March 2008 02:10 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Nanky....you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'???

(Great pic, btw...I'm gonna steal it from you, ok?)

Is it "I love this thread everytime I see it"??? That was mine
5th March 2008 09:19 AM
Mr Jurkka I sure hope they do good album and a tour. AC/DC was my first rock band what liked.
5th March 2008 04:10 PM
Pierre 24/02/2008...
www.highwaytoacdc.com

[Edited by Pierre]
6th March 2008 07:32 PM
TomL And we will be there when they collide oh nankyson. Maybe Angus will come to the BBQ this year.
7th March 2008 09:32 AM
nankerphelge Yeah!
Angus at the BBQ!

"Tofu burgers? Yuk! Give me pork!"
8th March 2008 12:33 PM
Pierre it's confirmed, the band is in studio

http://www.highwaytoacdc.com/index2.php3
9th March 2008 02:26 PM
open-g I don't know what happend - but they don't sound like they used to do.

http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/web/page.asp?pgs=product&catid=41&id=1340
11th March 2008 06:40 AM
Pierre For sure...

[Edited by Pierre]

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)