ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith : the newest face of Louis Vuitton Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd March 2008 11:40 AM
Jeep http://fashionfling.blogspot.com/2008/01/keith-richards-mugs-for-louis-vuitton.html

Word is that Rolling Stone’s guitarist Keith Richards is the latest unlikely celebrity to be cast in a Louis Vuitton advertising campaign. The rock legend is believed to have recently posed for a photo shoot in New York.

Last year former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev represented LV in the award-winning Core Values campaign. In the fashion world Richards is known as the father of models Theodora and Alexandra Richards and is married to model Patti Hansen.

======================================

It's more than a rumor, in the french newspaper "Le Monde", they said that the picture was shot by Annie Leibovitz : black scarves on the lamps, a skull on a bedside table, Keith sat on a bed in an hotel room playing guitar, a guitar case on the floor with the famous LV golden letters on it.

They said that the amount given to KR is unknown but the contract was a huge one.
And after the shooting session, Keith kept the case.

For the french readers :
http://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/2008/03/01/louis-vuitton-mise-sur-une-icone-absolue-le-guitariste-des-stones-keith-richards_1017710_3234.html#ens_id=628868
[Edited by Jeep]
2nd March 2008 11:46 AM
Jeep

2nd March 2008 01:23 PM
LoveChild I think it's rather apropos. Perhaps LV wants to fashion a battered leather hobo bag using the likeness of Keith.

I see major possibilities people!

2nd March 2008 02:30 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
LoveChild wrote:
I think it's rather apropos. Perhaps LV wants to fashion a battered leather hobo bag using the likeness of Keith.

When did Keith join the Taliban?
2nd March 2008 02:32 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

When did Keith join the Taliban?

thought it was Taliband, and figured wtf? They do have some good dope connections!!!
[Edited by pdog]
2nd March 2008 03:19 PM
BONOISLOVE Je suis tellement excité, Je tape cet post avec tout l'amour du Bono!
2nd March 2008 05:55 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
LoveChild wrote:
I think it's rather apropos. Perhaps LV wants to fashion a battered leather hobo bag using the likeness of Keith.

I see major possibilities people!

LOL! Together with the giant turtle shell guitar from Pirates
2nd March 2008 07:34 PM
mojoman Well, I see you got your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat
2nd March 2008 09:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG I'm waiting for the photo Jeep.......
3rd March 2008 07:42 AM
PartyDoll MEG Oh here is a link:

http://www.popcrunch.com/keith-rich...alues-campaign/

"Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards is the latest celebrity to front the Louis Vuitton ad campaign. The guitar-playing rock legend joins LV’s “Core Values” campaign, which launched last Fall and is designed to pay homage to the fashionhouse’s “travel heritage and classic monogram leather goods.”

“We thought it was important to continue with someone unexpected,” Antoine Arnault, Louis Vuitton’s Head of Communications says. “I think when people are flipping through a magazine, this will stop them.”

“The good thing about Keith is, he’s big just about everywhere. He speaks to the 20-year-old who’s into rock ‘n’ roll and the 65-year-olds who went to [a Rolling Stones] concert when they were 20,” Antonie concluded.

Keith Richards’ Louis Vuitton ad campaign will debut in a series of general-interest titles in April."

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
3rd March 2008 07:56 AM
FotiniD
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
“I think when people are flipping through a magazine, this will stop them.”

Well, that's one sure thing
Thanks for the pic Meggy!

Hair looks funny... Kind of purplish!
3rd March 2008 08:02 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Well, that's one sure thing
Thanks for the pic Meggy!

Hair looks funny... Kind of purplish!

Or gray, Fotini. We need Jeep to find us a higher definition one!!
3rd March 2008 08:16 AM
egon
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

our own Jeep does a better job...
3rd March 2008 01:40 PM
Steel Wheels What a beautiful image. It almost looks painterly.
3rd March 2008 01:49 PM
somebody The caption says

"Some journeys cannot be put into words..."
[Edited by somebody]
3rd March 2008 01:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Keith....in a modeling career?
Who'd a thunk it?

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
3rd March 2008 02:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Keith....in a modeling career?
Who'd a thunk it?

4th March 2008 05:25 AM
Jeep

Thanks to thug_tibo / "TWIS" french RS message board
4th March 2008 06:00 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, Jeep!! His hair is STILL purple gray though!

Sorry..

I find this photo disturbing and somewhat scary!!

4th March 2008 06:10 AM
FotiniD
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Thanks, Jeep!! His hair is STILL purple gray though!

Sorry..

True! But I like it either way
4th March 2008 06:12 AM
Jeep
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Me too !
It looks like a scene at Madame Tussauds !
[Edited by Jeep]
4th March 2008 08:37 AM
speedfreakjive article from The Guardian

Keith Richards: off the artistic roll call?

It's leathery, battered and overpriced - and so's the suitcase. We all know what Bill Hicks would have said, but what do you think of Keef's Louis Vuitton ad?

He's got serious baggage: Keith Richards.

We thought it was important to continue with someone unexpected. I think when people are flipping through a magazine, this will stop them.

- Antoine Arnault, Head of Communications, Louis Vuitton

"True dat", as they say. Chances are if you've flicked through any print-based media product this morning, this image of Keith Richards will have stopped you in your tracks. Looking for all the world like a victim of an Amazon head-shrinking tribe, Keith Richards poses in an Annie Leibovitz photograph, cradling his guitar in a nameless New York hotel room, above the cod-enigmatic maxim, "Some journeys cannot be put into words".

Louis Vuitton have a history of odd choices in their ad campaigns. Past subjects include Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi, Catherine Deneuve, and former USSR leader Mikhail Gorbachev.

"This is the first time ever that Keith Richards has participated in an advertising campaign of any sort," continues Arnault, "and it is hard to imagine a more compelling embodiment of a personal, emotional journey."

And for his virgin foray into this shady industry, one of the hardest rocking rockers who ever did rock has chosen to sell his soul to a luxury French designer company that makes expensive handbags. Not only that, Keef is perfectly happy to lend not just his name, but his very identity, to the concept that luggage is "a personal journey and a process of self-discovery". Ladies and gentlemen, I give you to the antithesis of rock'n'roll.

But I do believe someone else has put this very journey into words. Over to the late, great Bill Hicks: "Here's the deal, folks. You do a commercial - you're off the artistic roll call, forever."

Digg this | Add it to Del.icio.us | Conversations about this post

This entry was tagged with the following keywords: keithrichards billhicks rollingstones louisvuitton advertising

We thought it was important to continue with someone unexpected. I think when people are flipping through a magazine, this will stop them.

- Antoine Arnault, Head of Communications, Louis Vuitton

"True dat", as they say. Chances are if you've flicked through any print-based media product this morning, this image of Keith Richards will have stopped you in your tracks. Looking for all the world like a victim of an Amazon head-shrinking tribe, Keith Richards poses in an Annie Leibovitz photograph, cradling his guitar in a nameless New York hotel room, above the cod-enigmatic maxim, "Some journeys cannot be put into words".

Louis Vuitton have a history of odd choices in their ad campaigns. Past subjects include Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi, Catherine Deneuve, and former USSR leader Mikhail Gorbachev.

"This is the first time ever that Keith Richards has participated in an advertising campaign of any sort," continues Arnault, "and it is hard to imagine a more compelling embodiment of a personal, emotional journey."

And for his virgin foray into this shady industry, one of the hardest rocking rockers who ever did rock has chosen to sell his soul to a luxury French designer company that makes expensive handbags. Not only that, Keef is perfectly happy to lend not just his name, but his very identity, to the concept that luggage is "a personal journey and a process of self-discovery". Ladies and gentlemen, I give you to the antithesis of rock'n'roll.

But I do believe someone else has put this very journey into words. Over to the late, great Bill Hicks: "Here's the deal, folks. You do a commercial - you're off the artistic roll call, forever."

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/03/keith_richards_louis_vuitton_a.html
4th March 2008 09:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man Thats a stylish pic, I like it. It's just a shame he's advertising 'man bags'. The old woman.
4th March 2008 10:04 AM
open-g Looks like a screenshot from a 3D shooter

4th March 2008 10:11 AM
FotiniD And now that I think of it: why??
I mean, for the money? Does it make any difference when you already have a fortune?
Puzzling...
4th March 2008 10:16 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
And now that I think of it: why??
I mean, for the money? Does it make any difference when you already have a fortune?
Puzzling...

Like I said earlier, Fotini...
Disturbing....

And don't start examining the photo in detail...
That is even more disturbing....
4th March 2008 10:17 AM
nankerphelge It doesn't completely make sense.
The "label" factor.
Style, fashion.
Seems more like a Mick thing.

My guess...

He knows Mick'll be pissed he wasn't asked!
4th March 2008 10:31 AM
Steel Wheels http://www.louisvuitton.com/

I find the site to be hard to navigate. Is there any mention of Keith on there, and is there an official Keef bag?

Annie's photo doesn't look like anything she's done before, and Keith appears to be different as well. It's an incredible image, full of story and intrigue. It's also what I've always imagined the room to look like recently, so it adds to the legend - true or false. Scarves, half-eaten meals, teas, books, little sculptures. What a great campaign this will be.

Props to Louis Vuitton for coming up with a great idea.
4th March 2008 10:36 AM
glencar While Keith doesn't look good, the ad itself is actually well-done. He needs to donate the money to charity if he wants to get completely off the "artistic roll call" that's referred to.
4th March 2008 10:37 AM
Joey
quote:
Jeep wrote:

Thanks to thug_tibo / "TWIS" french RS message board

What's with the magnifying glass ?!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)