ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fleeing the Jurisdiction? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th March 2007 11:41 AM
Brainbell Jangler Suppose these boys are looking for someplace outside the reach of Congressional subpoenas? Gives a whole new meaning to the term "dubious."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070312/ap_on_bi_ge/emirates_halliburton
12th March 2007 11:44 AM
Joey " Oil services giant Halliburton Co. will soon shift its corporate headquarters from Houston to the Mideast financial powerhouse of Dubai, chief executive Dave Lesar announced Sunday.

"Halliburton is opening its corporate headquarters in Dubai while maintaining a corporate office in Houston," spokeswoman Cathy Mann said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "The chairman, president and CEO will office from and be based in Dubai to run the company from the UAE."

Lesar, speaking at an energy conference in nearby Bahrain, said he will relocate to Dubai from Texas to oversee Halliburton's intensified focus on business in the Mideast and energy-hungry Asia, home to some of the world's most important oil and gas markets.

"As the CEO, I'm responsible for the global business of Halliburton in both hemispheres and I will continue to spend quite a bit of time in an airplane as I remain attentive to our customers, shareholders and employees around the world," Lesar said. "Yes, I will spend the majority of my time in Dubai."

Lesar's announcement appears to signal one of the highest-profile moves by a U.S. corporate leader to Dubai, an Arab boomtown where free-market capitalism has been paired with some of the world's most liberal tax, investment and residency laws.

"The eastern hemisphere is a market that is more heavily weighted toward oil exploration and production opportunities and growing our business here will bring more balance to Halliburton's overall portfolio," Lesar said.

In 2006, Halliburton — once headed by Vice President Dick Cheney — earned profits of $2.3 billion on revenues of $22.6 billion.

More than 38 percent of Halliburton's $13 billion oil field services revenue last year stemmed from sources in the eastern hemisphere, where the firm has 16,000 of its 45,000 employees.

Cheney was Halliburton's chief executive from 1995-2000 and the Bush administration has been accused of favoring the conglomerate with lucrative no-bid contracts in Iraq.

Federal investigators last month alleged Halliburton was responsible for $2.7 billion of the $10 billion in contractor waste and overcharging in Iraq.

Halliburton last month announced a 40-percent decline in fourth-quarter profit, despite heavy demand for its oil field equipment and personnel. "

___
12th March 2007 01:52 PM
nankerphelge Jesus BJ, howe the hell do you sleep at night with all the big bad boogeymen out there?

12th March 2007 02:09 PM
Joey " Jesus BJ, howe the hell do you sleep at night with all the big bad boogeymen out there?"

12th March 2007 02:14 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Jesus BJ, howe the hell do you sleep at night with all the big bad boogeymen out there?

What, are you offering me some of those mind-deadening drugs that allow you to ignore reality and support Bush?
12th March 2007 02:30 PM
Joey
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

What, are you offering me some of those mind-deadening drugs that allow you to ignore reality and support Bush?

Beautiful .

Brainbell ..... you are the absolute of post .
12th March 2007 02:30 PM
nankerphelge "What, are you offering me some of those mind-deadening drugs that allow you to ignore reality and support Bush?"

I think you have enough already given that my post (1) offered you nothing, (2) did not ignore reality and (3) had nothing to do with Bush at all.

Don't get me wrong tho -- I think you are sorely in need of something medicinal for your "episodes."

12th March 2007 02:33 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"Don't get me wrong tho -- I think you are sorely in need of something medicinal for your "episodes."

12th March 2007 02:35 PM
jb I am the only Jew I know that dislike(hates) the Beatles.
12th March 2007 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I am the only Jew I know that dislike(hates) the Beatles.

Yes , you are the only Jew in the FRIGGIN WORLD who does not like MACCA or The Beatles .....

.....it is what makes you so ' special ' .

Joey : The Absolute of Post ! ™
12th March 2007 02:38 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yes , you are the only Jew in the FRIGGIN WORLD who does not like MACCA or The Beatles .....

.....it is what makes you so ' special ' .

I love the Who!!!!
12th March 2007 02:40 PM
Joey " I love the Who!!!! "

You are much loved by Joey ... and Pete .... and Rachel

12th March 2007 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I love the Who!!!! "

You are much loved by Joey ... and Pete .... and Rachel

There are times I feel like I have been stricken with a TBI...
12th March 2007 02:46 PM
pdog Isn't the same country Michael Jackson was going to go too?
12th March 2007 02:51 PM
nankerphelge Yes it is.
And both MJ and Halliburton are there to drill a few holes.

12th March 2007 02:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yes it is.
And both MJ and Halliburton are there to drill a few holes.

^ thats just SO wrong

but fuckin funny as hell!!!
12th March 2007 02:53 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
Isn't the same country Michael Jackson was going to go too?

Apparently it's the new Brazil!
12th March 2007 03:19 PM
jb Support the Troops and "beat it"............funny!!!
[Edited by jb]
12th March 2007 03:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Brainbell ...........................

Do I have the posting ' gene ' ?!

Please ..............I's value your thoughts on this matter .

12th March 2007 03:30 PM
nankerphelge According to the following gene map, Joey, while you do have a rudimentary posting gene, it appears to be nondisjunctive.

Meaning you suffer from Mongoloid posting idiocy.

Best of luck to you.
(You probably shouldn't breed tho)

12th March 2007 03:32 PM
Joey

" Meaning you suffer from Mongoloid posting idiocy.

Best of luck to you.
(You probably shouldn't breed tho)"

12th March 2007 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
According to the following gene map, Joey, while you do have a rudimentary posting gene, it appears to be nondisjunctive.

12th March 2007 03:33 PM
jb Is that a monkey or Owl???
12th March 2007 03:34 PM
Joey " Is that a monkey or Owl??? "

12th March 2007 04:09 PM
glencar
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Best of luck to you.
(You probably shouldn't breed tho)

Not to worry...
12th March 2007 04:12 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not to worry...

Butt babies don't live!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
12th March 2007 04:17 PM
glencar pdog, I'm watching The Last Waltz right now & am shortly going to recommence The L Word!
12th March 2007 04:20 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
pdog, I'm watching The Last Waltz right now & am shortly going to recommence The L Word!

I was grilled by a lesbian last night... I convinced her black and yuppies don't tip b/c of cultural stigmas...
There's exceptions, like with all stereotypes...
12th March 2007 04:21 PM
glencar I had a Latino limo driver tell me 2 weeks ago that whites tip well but blacks hardly tip at all. Frankly, I was quite offended. He said Latinos were hit & miss.
12th March 2007 04:23 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

I was grilled by a lesbian last night...

I love lesbians
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)