ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Whoopie Goldberg show" or "Tokyo Dome": which is the best? Return to archive
10th March 2007 03:38 PM
Bruno I´m about to buy one of them. Which one do you is the best? I´d appreciate opinions on the performances and sound quality.
10th March 2007 03:46 PM
Erik_Snow They're pretty close in quality...if you get a good copy.
Pretty close in performance too, yet I'd recommend getting the Miami concert, better atmosphere, first use of a "B-stage", great song-selection...
10th March 2007 06:30 PM
fireontheplatter i have that miami show on vhs. i haven't listened to it in years tho. it is a night show i do believe and it was a pay per view deal. i think it was 93 or 94 .
i bet the other show is inside and i would think there will be better lighting so you can see more. so i would go with this even tho i have not seen it
10th March 2007 07:15 PM
glencar Miami had a nice setlist but Whoopi is a drag on the market...
10th March 2007 07:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno wrote:
I´m about to buy one of them. Which one do you is the best? I´d appreciate opinions on the performances and sound quality.

Tokyo Dome from which year?

If its the 1990 TV broadcast - go for that one
If its the 1995 Voodoo Lounge show - go for the Miami one instead
11th March 2007 05:00 AM
Steel Wheels The Whoopi show was Thanksgiving 1994. The crowd is asleep from too much turkey, which makes for better audio. The b-stage is great - they played Sweet Virginia, Angie, and Dead Flowers.

The setlist is here: http://www.iorr.org/iorr22/tourt4.htm
11th March 2007 08:01 AM
glencar There are very nice set list pages at this site too. I use them often.
11th March 2007 09:17 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Miami had a dynamite acoustic Dead Flowers
11th March 2007 12:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:

The setlist is here: http://www.iorr.org/iorr22/tourt4.htm

Grrrr!
11th March 2007 12:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Grrrr!

Awwhhhhh...relax Honey!

These are better, guys!!!

http://rocksoff.org/gazzassetlists.htm
11th March 2007 01:42 PM
GotToRollMe You tell 'em, Meg! Rocks Off has the best Rolling Stones setlist pages on the World Wide Web...bar none, baby!

http://www.rocksoff.org/setlistspage.htm
11th March 2007 03:17 PM
lotsajizz both good--but Tokyo '90 is awesome!
11th March 2007 04:11 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
You tell 'em, Meg! Rocks Off has the best Rolling Stones setlist pages on the World Wide Web...bar none, baby!

http://www.rocksoff.org/setlistspage.htm

LOL Sometimes people don't see what's right under their noses!
11th March 2007 04:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
both good--but Tokyo '90 is awesome!

Not my favourite tour, but possibly the best Stones stadium show of the 90's, and with versions of "Sympathy", "Happy" and "Gimme Shelter" that are up there with the best ever. "Almost Hear you sigh" and "Midnight Rambler" are both pretty memorable too.
11th March 2007 05:57 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Not my favourite tour, but possibly the best Stones stadium show of the 90's, and with versions of "Sympathy", "Happy" and "Gimme Shelter" that are up there with the best ever. "Almost Hear you sigh" and "Midnight Rambler" are both pretty memorable too.

Sympathy from this show kicks fucking ass! My favourite live version of this song. The solo is 4+ minutes of Keith and Ronnie tearing it up!
11th March 2007 08:58 PM
Gazza Its actually the same version thats on "Flashpoint" - although its heavily edited on that album, unfortunately. A pity, as Keith's two solos are absolutely wonderful
12th March 2007 12:05 AM
rogerriffin Miami; Great Setlist, Great B-Stage 1st time, Special Guests, but Tokio 95 is Better!!! The Honky Tonk Woman solo worth it...
12th March 2007 02:37 AM
TampabayStone WooppI show was AWESOME... But me, I am turning me back on her for now.

Not sure if I ever saw the other one.
12th March 2007 04:37 AM
Zack I recorded the PPV at the folks' house on Thanksgiving. Remember Dad couldn't figure out what I was doing "Just take the twenty bucks, Dad." "Why?"

It was a steamy night and there's kind of a haze of fog on the stage, which mars the video slightly. Otherwise, great show.

(Mom walks into room, makes funny face. "Do they write their own songs?" Me: "Yea Mom, it's real deep stuff. This one goes: 'hey hey, you got me rockin' now'."

"And you paid how much to watch this?"

"Go away Mom."

Well, it just seems to me . . .

"GO AWAY MOM!"
12th March 2007 04:39 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Zack wrote:
I recorded the PPV at the folks' house on Thanksgiving. Remember Dad couldn't figure out what I was doing "Just take the twenty bucks, Dad." "Why?"

It was a steamy night and there's kind of a haze of fog on the stage, which mars the video slightly. Otherwise, great show.

(Mom walks into room, makes funny face. "Do they write their own songs?" Me: "Yea Mom, it's real deep stuff. This one goes: 'hey hey, you got me rockin' now'."

"And you paid how much to watch this?"

"Go away Mom."

Well, it just seems to me . . .

"GO AWAY MOM!"

LMFAO! Nice.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)