ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WOO HOO HOO! Its Fryday happy hour... you know what that means... Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th March 2007 08:54 PM
Nellcote Fifty foot long and a two ton anvil right back to you Riffy.
Satts were cats ass. How lucky were you to keep such good company....
That 1st solo lp by Dan Baird is a keeper also.
Max vol, bro...
9th March 2007 08:58 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
JonBenet wrote:

I know the feeling.

THAT'S FUCKIN BLASPHEMOUS
9th March 2007 09:05 PM
pdog This thread is all over the place!
9th March 2007 09:05 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Fifty foot long and a two ton anvil right back to you Riffy.
Satts were cats ass. How lucky were you to keep such good company....
That 1st solo lp by Dan Baird is a keeper also.
Max vol, bro...

Yeah they kicked it hard for sure Nelly! The lyric is "fifty foot long with a two ton anchor", btw!

They used to be just called The Sattelites. Then they signed with a major and had to add Georigia to their name. Seems there was a band in Sweden or somewhere in that neck of the woods that had dibs on The Sattelites title. After they broke big they would continue to gig around Atlanta in various bars under the name The Hell Hounds. I always wondered if that is one of the reasons that Izzy used the name Hounds in the title of his band. Rick Richards is a great guy,and hell of a player. He is respected by many big name rockers Keef included! Rick Price and Dan Baird were very cool cats as well. I miss them very much.

I'm drinking beer Nelly! And you?

Riffy
9th March 2007 09:14 PM
Nellcote I've tried to keep up with Baird, as I dig the sound.
He had a hand in producing a band from Spain called Sugar Mountain. You will recognize the sound, kind of Stonesy, Satts, Faces, they are pretty good.

http://www.last.fm/music/Sugar+Mountain/+wiki

I had to come to work for a client emergency, so no hooch just yet.....
I am listening to Boston, in MAJOR mourning for Brad Delp, as back in the 70's, Boston was the force here in New England....Friday night, round the bonfire, cases of Maximus Super~Schlitz~Tango, bongs with Ripple with BOSTON DEBUT LP FROM THE 12 SPEAKAHS IN MY 74 BUICK ELECTRA....Oh no, Sherman, the way back machine to the 70s.....

[Edited by Nellcote]
9th March 2007 09:27 PM
Special Ed Why yall be frontin
10th March 2007 11:22 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I just want to take a moment to officially declare Jumacfly as the coolest mofo here cuz he has this song as his alert on his cell phone

This album is one of the coolest release of the 90's.
thank you Sway

10th March 2007 01:36 PM
sirmoonie Remember when Izzy got busted for pissing in the galley of a plane all drunked up? Yet another reason to love the guy.

Yeah. Mmm hmmm. Yep.
10th March 2007 06:28 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Remember when Izzy got busted for pissing in the galley of a plane all drunked up? Yet another reason to love the guy.

Yeah. Mmm hmmm. Yep.

" The Jews have a unique status according to the Bible. They were chosen as the people who would hear and record the words of God, through His prophets, who were also Jewish. And the Jews have influenced the world with the scriptures. There are now about 2 billion Christians in the world. In one form or another, these scriptures have influenced more than half of the people in the world to abandon pagan worship. The Jews, in this regard, and in many others, have influenced the world more than any other group of people.

The Bible declared that the Jews would be scattered throughout the world (Deuteronomy 28:64) and that they would be a blessing to the world (Genesis 12:2-3). Indeed, the Jews have been scattered to every country in the world, during the past 2500 years. And this scattering has enabled them to help reveal to the world the truth revealed in the scriptures, that there is one true God, and only one true God.

God has revealed to us in the Bible that people who persecute the Jews will be punished. And indeed they have been. The great Assyrian Empire persecuted the Jews. The great neo-Babylonian Empire persecuted the Jews. The great Phoenician Empire persecuted the Jews. The great Roman Empire persecuted the Jews. The powerful Nazi empire persecuted the Jews. And the powerful Soviet Union persecuted the Jews. All of these empires have been destroyed. And yet, the Jews are still a nation. Why? Because God had made this promise to the Jews in Genesis 12:2-3 - "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." God keeps His promises. And, the Jews are living proof that God keeps His promises. "

YES !!!!!!

10th March 2007 07:26 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
its time for the Official SHUFFLE IT ALL APPRECIATION THREAD!!

is there a better song to wipe away the work week blues and kick off the weekend than this baby??

I think not!

Fuckin A Izzy!! CHEERS!!!

remember.... PLAY IT LOUD!

"WOO HOO HOO!!!"

First time I heard this I thought it was new Keith solo stuff...
12th March 2007 02:12 AM
TampabayStone Crap, missed it....................
12th March 2007 10:21 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
After they broke big they would continue to gig around Atlanta in various bars under the name The Hell Hounds. I always wondered if that is one of the reasons that Izzy used the name Hounds in the title of his band.

the Ju Ju Hounds name came from Jimmy miss hearing one of Izzy's lyrics and thinking he said "ju ju hound".... and Jimmy asking him "what the fuck is a ju ju hound?"

instantly the name was born.

Riffy, I truly love the Satts but... and I'm willing to buy that they may of been playing above the crowes when the boys were 18 or 19.... but they quickly grew leaps and bounds above that scene and can run circles around them now. And Dan Baird freely admits that - as much as he loathes them.

oh... and I'm sure you'll be happy to here the latest news coming your way...

-------

BROTHERS OF A FEATHER ANNOUNCEMENT

Chris & Rich Robinson will be performing two very special Brothers Of A Feather shows in Atlanta, GA:

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007 at Center Stage & Wednesday, April 4th, 2007 at Variety Playhouse

Both shows go on sale Friday, March 16th at Noon EST. Doors are at 7pm, showtime is at 8pm, and there is a 4 ticket limit per person. Tickets are available at the venue box office and Ticketmaster.

Hope to see you there!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)