ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Police are copying the RS fanclub Return to archive
9th March 2007 10:23 AM
Bitch What a great idea! Charge the fans $100.00 to be fans! Presale ticket access! No thanks!

WELCOME TO THEPOLICETOUR.COM REGISTRATION
Premium Membership $ 100.00

This Offer includes the following:

FanClub Access
Duration : 1 YEAR

THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
Exclusive Police photos and videos
Access to all areas of ThePoliceTour.com
Presale Ticket Access

THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
Priority ticketing before the general public
Message Board Access

THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
Interact with Police fans worldwide on the message boards
Membership Premium

THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
Commemorative Lithograph with band replica signatures*
Members-only discount to Online Police Store
(Lithographs with band's actual signatures will be randomly given out to new members)
Please note the Fan Club gift will ship during the membership year.
Please Note: All prices are in U.S. Dollars. Paid offers are automatically renewed at the end of term for your convenience. You can cancel your offer at any time. All offers are non-refundable unless otherwise noted
9th March 2007 10:49 AM
jb We hate the Police..they are doing the exact thing that Sting and Bono have accused the Stones of....no new material and no real reason to tour other than to make a ton of money. It's funny how all these bands that slag the Stones are following their exact same tour model to maximize revenue. Most successful bands should thank the Stones for opening the doors to profitable touring as they tied in sponsorship very early on(Jovan in 81). Prior to massiv3e corporate sponsorship(and yes, it made it much more expensive for the average fan), touring was a money loser....even the Stones had revenu problems as recently as the late 70's before they adopted their current mega-sponsorship tie ins.
9th March 2007 10:54 AM
Saint Sway $100 for message board access for 1 year.

RS & Cohl have created a greed machine. Sucks. So many bands are turning into vultures and sucking their fans dry. Its so ugly.

please support real, honest rock bands and not greed mongers
9th March 2007 11:00 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
$100 for message board access for 1 year.

RS & Cohl have created a greed machine. Sucks. So many bands are turning into vultures and sucking their fans dry. Its so ugly.

please support real, honest rock bands and not greed mongers

I agree, but we both know it's way too late to turn back the clocks, and if anything, it is going to become more expensive in the future. With record sales slowly becoming extinct b/c of downloading, the artists are making their money via the tour. The Stones certainly were among the front runners putting together fan clubs, fan packages, etc. I anticipate even more of this stuff to off-set expenses and maximize profits. Yes, they are some bands that still charge a fair price for a ticket, but by and large, the mega groups are going to follow what the Stones ,U2, etc have done...If the Stones ever tour NA again, I will be very interested to see how Cohl intends to fill up the arenas ...
9th March 2007 11:04 AM
Saint Sway I aint buying.

not for any of those bands. None of these greed merchents will get a single penny out of me.

not even the Stones.

I'll never spend another dollar on them.
9th March 2007 11:34 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Why? It ain't nothing new and you can afford . At least The Who makes CD's's/DVD's available which is an added value imo.

I'm just sick of it.

I love what the Who and so many other bands are doing to make their live shows instantly available to their fans. Every show! No overdubs! Instant! Great souveniers. Great quality. And its fair becuase everyone wins. The band gets paid. The fans get a superb quality disc at a good price.

A lot of my favorite bands stream their live shows for FREE on their websites. And stream their albums for FREE. Or have fan clubs that GUARANTEE their fans the best seats. And I even know some that have given out FREE tickets to the members of their fan club.

Stones dont give shit thats worth anything. They just hawk over priced useless horseshit. And tons of it. Just a bunch of snake oil salesman. Everything they do is a scam.

Just sick of the whole bullshit scams for fan club, pre-sales, hot seats etc

I may go see the Stones again one day. But I wont give them a penny. $50 to the security guard and I'm in the side door.

I'm only giving my $$$ to bands that treat their fans with respect and dont have their hands constantly in their wallets. Theres plenty of great bands out there that are doing just fine for themselves without having to bilk their fans with bullshit "Fan" scams.

worst of all is that the music suffers. Every single band that goes the greed route it stops being about music and becomes about how many Golden Circle Seating Legacy packages we can sell.

the bands that are still giving back to their fan base are also still making great music. Its because they still care about the music, still in it for the buzz of the show. And not for the "Hot Seat" deals.
9th March 2007 11:39 AM
glencar I signed up! I'm addicted as predicted!
9th March 2007 11:40 AM
glencar The above is a joke just like the Police fan club itself.
9th March 2007 11:43 AM
gimmekeef These lame assclowns could play in my backyard...and I'd pull the plug and close the drapes....
9th March 2007 11:44 AM
glencar They're the sonic equivalent of a James Patterson novel.
10th March 2007 05:29 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I got myself 3 memberships, just to be sure!
10th March 2007 07:28 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
They're the sonic equivalent of a James Patterson novel.

actaully they were qutie good right before roxanne hit.

jb must remember micket rats in hollywood... they played there BEFORE the blonde hair (supposedly died blonde shortly after for a coke commercial) etc and with rented equipment... needless to say there sound was different.

but know after all these years??? i am wondering how they fill the stage.

also realizing sting is a depressed putz puts the group in a different light.

but i can't believe many (in the age bracket as wasn't it 77?) here did not listen to there first 2 albums.

of course it's a money grab but that has been going on since the first band reunion/tour was done by just about any band.

[Edited by chevysales]
12th March 2007 02:13 AM
TampabayStone Have not read thread, yet. Seems like a mistake, to me, from what the thread title reads.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)