ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Chinnock R.I.P. Return to archive
9th March 2007 10:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Bill Chinnock, 59, a Founder of Early E Street Band, Is Dead

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: March 9, 2007

YARMOUTH, Maine (AP) — Bill Chinnock, an instrumentalist, singer and songwriter who was a founding member of what later became Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band, died Wednesday at his home here. He was 59.

Mr. Chinnock’s manager, Paul Pappas, told WCSH-TV, Portland, that he had committed suicide after being afflicted with Lyme disease.

Mr. Chinnock was a blues and roots rock stylist who played guitar and keyboards as well as sang and composed music.

A Newark native, he was a founder of the Asbury Park, N.J., music scene that propelled Springsteen to stardom. He fronted a band that included many future Springsteen musicians, including Danny Federici on organ, Vini Lopez on drums, and Garry Tallent on bass, according to the Web site Backstreet.com, which is dedicated to Bruce Springsteen and New Jersey music news.

Mr. Chinnock moved to Maine in the early 1970s, and the other musicians eventually connected with Mr. Springsteen.

Mr. Chinnock made 13 albums, on labels including Paramount, Atlantic and Backstreet, as well on as his own label.

In addition to performing in Maine and around the country, he wrote music for films and television. In 1987 he won an Emmy for musical direction and composition for his song “Somewhere in the Night,” used as theme music for the soap opera “Edge of Night.” A duet he later recorded with Roberta Flack became a theme song for the soap opera “Guiding Light.”

His albums include “Badlands,” “Alive at the Loft,” “Dime Store Heroes,” “Livin’ in the Promised Land” and “Out on the Borderline.”

9th March 2007 11:48 AM
glencar Lyme disease is that bad????
9th March 2007 12:05 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lyme disease is that bad????

I thought it was caused by ticks and effected the autoimmune system???
9th March 2007 12:11 PM
gypsy LYME DISEASE SYMPTOMS IN MAN
In about 50% of the cases a characteristic rash or lesion called erythema migrans is seen. It begins a few days to a few weeks after the bite of an infected tick. The rash generally looks like an expanding red ring. It is often described as looking like a bull's-eye with alternating light and dark rings. However, it can vary from a reddish blotchy appearance to red throughout. And can be confused with poison ivy, spider or insect bite, or ringworm. At about the same time that the rash develops, flu-like symptoms may appear with headache, sore throat, stiff neck, fever, muscle aches, fatigue and general malaise. Some people develop the flu-like illness without getting a rash.

Seek prompt medical attention if any of these symptoms appear, especially after being bitten by a tick or visiting an area where Lyme disease is common. If possible document the presence of the rash by taking a picture because it may disappear before a physician can see it. A picture in this case is worth 10,000 words!

If ignored, the early symptoms may disappear, but more serious problems can develop months to years later. The later symptoms of Lyme disease can be quite severe and chronic. Muscle pain and arthritis, usually of the large joints is common. Neurological symptoms include meningitis, numbness, tingling, and burning sensations in the extremities, Bell's palsy (loss of control of one or both sides of the face), severe pain and fatigue (often extreme and incapacitating) and depression. Heart, eye, respiratory and gastrointestinal problems can develop. Symptoms are often intermittent lasting from a few days to several months and sometimes years. Chronic Lyme disease, because of its diverse symptoms, mimics many other diseases and can be difficult to diagnose.

9th March 2007 12:12 PM
jb Thanks Gypsy.....that is a very scary disease which mimics many other symptoms!!!
9th March 2007 07:28 PM
fireontheplatter god rest his soul.

i love bruuuuuuuuuuce and the e street band.

big man....big man you bin rehersing real hard this year so santa bring you a new saxaphone
9th March 2007 07:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Gypsy.....that is a very scary disease which mimics many other symptoms!!!

I used to get injections of novocain in my jaw, on one side, and I looked like I had Bell's Palsy for a day. Kind of like Mrs. Buttafuoco. I was worried that my face would stay like that forever.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)