ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Stripped On The Strip"/Albert Hammond Jr 3/7/07 Return to archive
8th March 2007 03:16 PM
Dan "Stripped On The Strip"/Albert Hammond Jr last night

"Stripped On The Strip" at the Key Club last night was a release party for some product but I still have no idea what. Had no interest in this show because I (rightly) assumed Queensryche would be playing the most boring material possible. I even thought the show was taking place tonight. Well, a friend calls me yesterday and tells me I am already on the list and since I am going to Hollywood, I might as well give it a shot.

First, the reason I was going to Hollywood was to see Albert Hammond Jr at Amoeba Music mainly because it was free and felt like getting out. Amoeba is a huge record store with a permanent stage and nice sound system. It was loud, it rocked. Don't know any of the material but it sounded good.

"Stripped On The Strip" was all acoustic sets by Jani Lane of Warrant, Dokken, Great White, Tesla and Queensryche. Yeah, you can see why I was less than excited.

Then it was off to the Key Club. Stopped in down the street for pizza and beer first so Jani Lane was already doing "Cherry Pie" when I walked in. It was so crowded I could barely move but eventually squeezed my way to the stairs and down the VIP Lounge and watched on the video screen. Jani Lane was over soon enough and followed by Don Dokken solo on an acoustic guitar. He did "In My Dreams," "Breaking The Chains," "Alone Again" and possibly some others.

I slowly made my way to the stage during Great White taking note of the exits. It was acoustic but full band. They did "Rock Me," "Going To California" and a few others. It was okay.

Tesla started out alright with "Modern Day Cowboy" but started to drag after a while. They also did "Thank You" (Zep Cover), "What You Give" and a few others.

Was almost to the stage by the time Queensryche went on. It was just Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton and the other guitar player. They sounded alright, the format fits their music better than some of the other bands. Too bad they didn't pick some better material.

Setlist
------
?? (off Operation Mindcrime 2)
?? (off Promised Land)
Sign Of The Times
??
Silent Lucidity
Eyes Of A Stranger

then all the bands on the bill minus Don Dokken did "Wish You Were Here."

The gig was decent enough for free but not the kind of thing I would have paid for. Ratt was apparently billed at some point but did not appear. Can't say I missed them.

Best of the whole night - Albert Hammond Jr.

Any questions?

8th March 2007 03:18 PM
Saint Sway Dan, his record is pretty good. Definately worth stealing.
8th March 2007 03:31 PM
MRD8 Dan,
When are you going to release your recording of the Stones November 11th Las Vegas show?
8th March 2007 03:39 PM
Dan
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Dan,
When are you going to release your recording of the Stones November 11th Las Vegas show?

I didn't record it! I forgot all about it when someone posted that one was forthcoming since the one I have isn't that good. There is also a totally raw wav 2nd source that I haven't had a chance to pop in. Also I don't have a home computer right now so my capabilities are quite limited.
8th March 2007 03:43 PM
Saint Sway the Vegas show was embarrassingly bad. Ronnie drunk. Keth posing.

Dan, let me know if you want a copy of the AHjr album
8th March 2007 03:45 PM
glencar Is he the guy from strokes?
8th March 2007 03:55 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the Vegas show was embarrassingly bad. Ronnie drunk. Keth posing.

Blasphemer!! The show was very good! The recording of the show was terrible!
8th March 2007 03:56 PM
glencar Wasn't that the show where Mick just found out his Dad had died?
8th March 2007 04:01 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wasn't that the show where Mick just found out his Dad had died?

Yes it was. I don't know if anyone was able to get quality recording equipment in. They were using walk thru metal detectors at the MGM Arena.
8th March 2007 04:02 PM
Dan
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Yes it was. I don't know if anyone was able to get quality recording equipment in. They were using walk thru metal detectors at the MGM Arena.

Those things usually aren't a problem.
8th March 2007 04:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is he the guy from strokes?

yes
8th March 2007 04:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Blasphemer!! The show was very good! The recording of the show was terrible!

you are correct. I am confusing this with the previous MGM show on the beginning of the 2nd leg of the ABB tour
8th March 2007 04:10 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

They used that at Radio City & it wasn't a problem for me...
8th March 2007 04:10 PM
jb I need a boot of Vixen at the Roxy....thanks so much.
8th March 2007 04:14 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
I need a boot of Vixen at the Roxy....thanks so much.

1,000 different bands in my collection but no Vixen I am afraid.
8th March 2007 04:15 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

1,000 different bands in my collection but no Vixen I am afraid.

chicks were hot....
8th March 2007 04:24 PM
glencar They still around?
8th March 2007 04:26 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
They still around?

They had that one hit on MTV.....very good musicians as well...especially the drummer.
8th March 2007 04:30 PM
Saint Sway JB,
why not finance their reunion tour and bang the drummer at the same time?
8th March 2007 04:31 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
JB,
why not finance their reunion tour and bang the drummer at the same time?

I think they actually had a "reunion" on one of those MTV band shows....age was not that kind too them...(see Stevie Nicks)..
9th March 2007 06:40 PM
MRD8 Dan,
Send me your RAW Vegas recording and I'll check it out for you...are you looking for anything in particular?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)