ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scorsese's "Live at the Beacon" better than "The Last Waltz" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th March 2007 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yes. 24th August

The 'first' Twickenham show - 23rd August was postponed for 4 weeks as Mick 'had flu'.

see AC #1!!!!!!!!!!
9th March 2007 11:50 AM
glencar The difference was that AC was a standalone show & the way the cancellation was ahndled showed a total disregard for fans. I amde some money at the tables but still, it hurts!
9th March 2007 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The difference was that AC was a standalone show & the way the cancellation was ahndled showed a total disregard for fans. I amde some money at the tables but still, it hurts!

It was emotionally taxing for many people. We all know why it was canceled, and no matter how good the make-up allegedly was(people wanting to believe they worked harder to make up for the first cancellation..lol)they were scumbags.
9th March 2007 11:55 AM
glencar Yes, their credibility took a huge hit. It's making me very hesitant to travel "across the pond" this summer just to see a show.
9th March 2007 11:56 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, their credibility took a huge hit. It's making me very hesitant to travel "across the pond" this summer just to see a show.

I thought you were opting out of that?
[Edited by jb]
9th March 2007 11:57 AM
glencar Most likely not going. I do have off in mid-August so if it goes taht long, I might go.
9th March 2007 11:58 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, their credibility took a huge hit. It's making me very hesitant to travel "across the pond" this summer just to see a show.

you'll never have a better seat than you did at your last show

best to leave on a high note
9th March 2007 01:05 PM
jaggergurl from UNDERKEITHSTHUMB on Shidoobee... link to pictures of them leaving the restaurant..

http://www.mollygood.com/celebrities/mick-jagger/hyde-and-go-old-20070306.php
9th March 2007 01:13 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jaggergurl wrote:
from UNDERKEITHSTHUMB on Shidoobee... link to pictures of them leaving the restaurant..

http://www.mollygood.com/celebrities/mick-jagger/hyde-and-go-old-20070306.php

Thanks!!

Beatty and Jagger..between the two of them, Wilt Chamberlain's "count" would seem mild, no??

LJ.
9th March 2007 02:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

A ' beard ' is a spouse that is used to hide the ' gayness ' .

(see: Rachel Fuller)
9th March 2007 02:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Most likely not going. I do have off in mid-August so if it goes taht long, I might go.

It will go that long. There are some rumours that - apart from the Isle of Wight show on June 10th which is apparently 99% certain - any UK shows will be around that time.
9th March 2007 02:58 PM
Special Ed Biggie be in this one?
9th March 2007 10:58 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you'll never have a better seat than you did at your last show

best to leave on a high note

Sway the 2003 Dublin shows at The Point depot were the best "seats" I ever had. I had to stand the entire time & on the second night I had some crazed Italian drumming on me fucking back & my legs from the knees down were DEAD but I was 5 feet away & I got to see Keith shadowing Mick at one point & kind of smirking. Mick palyed it cool, natch. At the time I told non-Stones fans who I know that those would be my last shows. I certainly didn't intend to lie but it's hard to stay away.
9th March 2007 10:58 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It will go that long. There are some rumours that - apart from the Isle of Wight show on June 10th which is apparently 99% certain - any UK shows will be around that time.

LOL I might go then. I'd seriously prefer ANYWHERE but London but we'll see.
10th March 2007 07:33 AM
chevysales yea but did the band's last waltz have fake fans up front?
10th March 2007 07:42 AM
chevysales
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you've seen the 'Last Waltz' by any chance? At least half of the songs are performed by guest artists and arent Band songs (and those that are are superb anyway).

And theyre a damn sight better than Christina Aguilera.

Yes - even Neil Diamond.
[Edited by Gazza]

stop it now!

christina was very eye friendly... and funny that she arrived dressed for stage blowing off the side door entrance for a front appearance by walking herself.

while purists may not have liked her on stage this fan was fine with it... she has aa amazing set of pipes on her
[Edited by chevysales]
10th March 2007 01:00 PM
Gazza The "purist" angle doesnt bother me that much. People who were there said she performed well, which is fair enough. And I wont deny that she has a talent, even if its not my personal taste.

I DO find her sex appeal contrived and over-rated, however.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th March 2007 01:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
chevysales wrote:
yea but did the band's last waltz have fake fans up front?

No.

They did get a thanksgiving dinner, though.
10th March 2007 01:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I might go then. I'd seriously prefer ANYWHERE but London but we'll see.

25th August at Wembley Stadium per latest rumours. Some brokers are taking orders already (although they seem uncertain as to whether its the Arena or the Stadium). If that date is correct, I would imagine that could well be the final date of the tour.

For what its worth, the stadium is finally ready as Multiplex handed the keys over to the Football Association yesterday.
10th March 2007 01:59 PM
glencar Good! I'm off the week before. I've never been to Spain...
12th March 2007 02:26 AM
TampabayStone My answer to the stated question is: YESSSS!!

Although I was not at either show and The LAst Waltz is a fuck'in masterpiece!

Help me Blue.
12th March 2007 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Help me Blue.

12th March 2007 11:04 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've never been to Spain...

thats a GREAT song!
12th March 2007 11:40 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats a GREAT song!

"I remember we talked 'bout going to Spain/Yes, we did"?
12th March 2007 04:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats a GREAT song!

Yes, I loved 3 Dog Night the 1st time 'round!
12th March 2007 04:29 PM
glencar BTW The Last Waltz is ON VH1 right now & if Shine A Light is anything nearly as good, that'll be a frigging miracle.
12th March 2007 05:31 PM
Gazza Look out for a great version of "Mystery Train" with Paul Butterfield
12th March 2007 05:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, I loved 3 Dog Night the 1st time 'round!

do they do that song too?

I've only heard versions by Waylon, Tina and Elvis
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)