ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scorsese's "Live at the Beacon" better than "The Last Waltz" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th March 2007 02:32 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Seriously. How could ANYone who claims to like the Stones be dissatisfied with this?

You still went to enough shows. Why bother, then if they were that hideous?

C'mon, you know the answer to that....we all have been punishing ourselves for years..it's all part of being a Rolling Stones fan.
8th March 2007 03:02 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you're definately on to something there, Dr Nanky!
I NEVER NEVER get sick. Until this year. And its all respitory infections. I even got acute bronchitis.

I really think it has to do with laying off the herb. I smoked it regularly for 20 years. And never got anything heavy like bronchitis or the flu.

till now...

I had bronchitis too. Whether it was acute or not, I'll never know! I will take up chiba or coke when I retire...
8th March 2007 03:03 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Four Flicks is hands down the finest packaged and most thorough release EVER by this band

say what you want about the performances... but the overall package is by far the best gem they've put out

especially when you compare to the many other toss-offs that they've hastily put out without any care or thought or meaning behind them (see: Live Licks, Forty Flicks, Rarities.... etc)

Joshy is on crazy pills today...
8th March 2007 03:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy is on crazy pills today...

just today?
8th March 2007 03:07 PM
glencar hehehe
9th March 2007 05:21 AM
corgi37 I thought 4 flicks was a stunning package, but get bored to tears watching the stadium show. I'm glad they only brought the arena show to Oz that time. The stage was deadly dull, as was the performance.
9th March 2007 06:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I thought 4 flicks was a stunning package, but get bored to tears watching the stadium show.

I usually put that one on just to show friends the bit in it where I can see myself.
9th March 2007 09:27 AM
Maxlugar The Paris club show is the best thing I've bought of the Stones that was made post '81.

Fantastic show!
9th March 2007 10:00 AM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I usually put that one on just to show friends the bit in it where I can see myself.

I enjoy watching 4 Flicks every now and then, and I was at the MSG show (not floor seats). Which show were you at Gazza, and what song is playing where you can be seen? I always love to scan the audiences to see if I know anyone, and I often recognize some of the crazy die-hards! So spill you crazy die-hard!
9th March 2007 10:03 AM
StonesChick
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
The Paris club show is the best thing I've bought of the Stones that was made post '81.

Fantastic show!

I watched that one a lot. What a great setlist.
I like the documentary dvd also.

For me, the Beacon movie will definitely be better than the Last Waltz simply because it is the Stones with Stones songs. Nothing can beat them, imo.
9th March 2007 10:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

I enjoy watching 4 Flicks every now and then, and I was at the MSG show (not floor seats). Which show were you at Gazza, and what song is playing where you can be seen? I always love to scan the audiences to see if I know anyone, and I often recognize some of the crazy die-hards! So spill you crazy die-hard!

Twickenham.

Just around the time when they're walking back to the main stage to the opening notes of 'Gimme Shelter' and just after Keith tries to kick Ronnie up the arse. I can see myself taking a pic of Keith from about the 9th row near the catwalk (the flash is visible)

Now, you couldnt seriously see me unless I personally sat you down in front of your DVD, froze the disc at around the 1:37:45 mark (or whatever it is, I forget), grabbed your finger and touched the screen with it pointing to this little dot - but hey, its my moment captured for posterity so I intend milking it, even if its not quite on a par with Jaggergirl's memory of being grabbed by Keith for a photo op a few months ago.....!!

You'd probably know a few more of the folks in these DVDs than I do, but I do recall seeing Toronto Tom singing his head off in the crowd at the Palais Royale in the documentary disc.
[Edited by Gazza]
9th March 2007 10:23 AM
jb Stadium show was somewhat boring and although I attended both MSG show, it's excitement was not translated on this disc...by the way, I always felt the first MSG show was a bit raunchier and more guitar intensive...particularly, if memory serves me well. IYCRM....
9th March 2007 11:19 AM
Gazza I think its possibly a better show, too. I presume you have the pro shot DVD?
9th March 2007 11:22 AM
glencar I find 4 Flicks somewhat interesting but funnily enough, I ahven't watched it in over a year.
9th March 2007 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think its possibly a better show, too. I presume you have the pro shot DVD?

I believe so.....I think JJ sent it to me. I was 5 or 6th row, Ronnie's side, and remember thinking how loud the guitars sounded..Keith was exceptionally sharp that first show. It was cold as a motherfucker and it snowed on the way out.
9th March 2007 11:24 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I find 4 Flicks somewhat interesting but funnily enough, I ahven't watched it in over a year.

Exactly....it's worth a look at, but like most of the Stones modern day stuff, you don't feel the need to go back. Also, some of it seems really forced...Keith, in particular, really playing up to the image...
9th March 2007 11:24 AM
glencar I was at that show but not the one that made it onto 4 Flicks. I was at the Aug. 2003 Twicks show but is that the one on 4 Flix?
9th March 2007 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was at that show but not the one that made it onto 4 Flicks. I was at the Aug. 2003 Twicks show but is that the one on 4 Flix?

It was beautifully filmed, but it did not rock on DVD imo. I am sure it was great live. I really was turned off by Rocks-Off.
9th March 2007 11:29 AM
glencar That's not an answer!
9th March 2007 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's not an answer!

You're on fire today!!!
9th March 2007 11:31 AM
glencar Is taht yer new jew lists?
9th March 2007 11:32 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is taht yer new jew lists?

Laughing....where is Jo-Jo ??? What happened to that kid, the Pug? He has dropped way off the radar.
9th March 2007 11:34 AM
glencar He posts only on shidddoobbee. A definite B-lister even over there.
9th March 2007 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
He posts only on shidddoobbee. A definite B-lister even over there.

I have not seen him post over there either...You , me and Joey are still the Big three. Pug tried, but he got way too late a a start imo.
9th March 2007 11:38 AM
glencar Well, he was bigger than all 3 of us at one point!
9th March 2007 11:38 AM
glencar And I just saw some posts of his over there last night. I rarely go there as the inteesting people are mostly over here.
9th March 2007 11:42 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, he was bigger than all 3 of us at one point!

yo ested el fuego
9th March 2007 11:42 AM
glencar Di nada!
9th March 2007 11:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was at that show but not the one that made it onto 4 Flicks. I was at the Aug. 2003 Twicks show but is that the one on 4 Flix?

Yes. 24th August

The 'first' Twickenham show - 23rd August was postponed for 4 weeks as Mick 'had flu'.
9th March 2007 11:47 AM
glencar I was seated on "the pitch" on the Keith side about 30 rows back. I enjoyed the show & will watch it again soon.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)