ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scorsese's "Live at the Beacon" better than "The Last Waltz" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th March 2007 07:46 AM
Ephrata Stone http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257658,00.html

Warren Beatty and Mick Jagger Do Lunch

Think you had a good lunch yesterday? The folks at Madeo in West Hollywood have you beat eight ways to Sunday. That's because Warren Beatty, Mick Jagger and producer Steve Bing dined together with two other male friends at one table, while at another stunning actress, Monica Bellucci, was accepting compliments.

Was Bing celebrating Elizabeth Hurley's Indian wedding? It's unclear. But Beatty and Jagger have at least one thing in common: They are always noted as the main candidates for the roué Carly Simon sings about in "You're So Vain." Jagger even did backup vocals on what has come to be Simon's trademark hit. But their meeting was probably more about films and possibly Beatty's future projects.

Lately Jagger has been getting more and more into production thanks to Victoria Pearman, his partner for the movie Enigma and more recently TV's "Knights of Prosperity." Their venture, Jagged Films, is putting together Diane English's remake of "The Women" with Meg Ryan, Candace Bergen, Sigourney Weaver and several names to be announced.

Is Mrs. Beatty, Annette Bening, to be one of them? She would be a perfect fit, certainly.

Jagger and Bing also have something in common: They're producing the Martin Scorsese documentary about the Rolling Stones which was shot last year at the Beacon Theater in New York. The so-far untitled concert film is unofficially called "Live at the Beacon" rather than sully it with cutesy titles like "It's Only Rock and Roll" or "Time Is on Our Side."

You don't have to be a Scorsese fan to know this is going to be good, although — and this is hard to believe — sources say the finished product is better than "The Last Waltz," Scorsese's classic 1976 film about the Band.

So let's do the math from this equation: Bing has aspirations to direct (a bad idea) and already produces with Jagger. Beatty hasn't made a movie since the disastrous "Town and Country" in 2001. Either Bing and Jagger want Beatty to be in a film or direct one for them, or Beatty is looking for money for a new project he hasn't announced. Either way, it's the sighting of the month. And with Bellucci there, mama mia!
8th March 2007 07:57 AM
Gazza Thanks for posting that.

>The so-far untitled concert film is unofficially called "Live at the Beacon" rather than sully it with cutesy titles like "It's Only Rock and Roll" or "Time Is on Our Side."

That bit tends to diminish the whole story's credibility a little. It's somewhat unlikely they'll call it something as unimaginative as that, especially considering a) its a documentary and not just a straight concert film , b) there's archive footage which ISNT from the Beacon and c) ever since day one its had a "cutesy" title named after another Stones song, namely "Shine a light".

Plus, the film's about six months away from being premiered and presumably hasnt been edited yet, so all this "better than the Last Waltz" ejaculation seems as premature as the "best thing theyve done since 'Exile'" nonsense that you hear every time the Stones spend about two weeks in a studio demoing a few songs for their next album.
8th March 2007 08:00 AM
Nellcote Everything alright in the critics section?
Ha ha ha.....
8th March 2007 08:50 AM
mac_daddy funny - mick and keef always hit the same restaurants (madeo is a favorite of keef's as well).

steve bing has a nice life...
8th March 2007 09:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Everything alright in the critics section?
Ha ha ha.....

LOL..hey, I'm sure it'll be a terrific film. Its just funny to see the hype starting so early!
8th March 2007 09:36 AM
Nellcote pulling your shillelagh there cap'n.
They are looking for juice while Scorsese basks in Oscar glory....
8th March 2007 09:50 AM
gimmekeef I'm sure it will be good cause Scorcese isnt about to risk his reputation...howvere better thna Last Waltz?.The remastered version of that is pure stunning genius...I'll wait till Keith starts up about the better than Exile stuff.....but till then I'm sure Keith and Ronnie/Blondie/Waddy et all are furiously overdubbing every note....
8th March 2007 10:00 AM
glencar Someone on shidoooobbbeee posted about this restaurant. She wazs told by a friend that Mick was at a restaurant with Beatty & Bing & ran over there & sat 6 feet from Mick for 2 hours.
8th March 2007 11:09 AM
Saint Sway Better than The Last Waltz???!!?!?!?!?

I doubt it.

honestly, with the way things have gone downhill for the Stones, I'll happily settle for better than "Running Out Of Luck"
8th March 2007 11:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Better than The Last Waltz???!!?!?!?!?

I doubt it.

honestly, with the way things have gone downhill for the Stones, I'll happily settle for better than "Running Out Of Luck"

8th March 2007 11:32 AM
nankerphelge Better than the Last Waltz sorta like the way A Bigger Bang was the next Exile.

8th March 2007 11:36 AM
pdog I just assume it's gonig to suck, that way i can only be happy, never dissapointed!
8th March 2007 11:56 AM
Steel Wheels It will be better since the Stones have better songs that the Band.
8th March 2007 11:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
It will be better since the Stones have better songs that the Band.

you've seen the 'Last Waltz' by any chance? At least half of the songs are performed by guest artists and arent Band songs (and those that are are superb anyway).

And theyre a damn sight better than Christina Aguilera.

Yes - even Neil Diamond.
[Edited by Gazza]
8th March 2007 12:08 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

And theyre a damn sight better than Christina Aguilera.

Yes - even Neil Diamond.

By sight, youdon't mean looks, it's some kind of English slang?

Christina Aguilera:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Neil Diamond:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
8th March 2007 12:13 PM
Some Guy when might it be out?
8th March 2007 01:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

NICE!!!!

btw, I was just in the pharmacy picking up cold remedies (I swear to Joey that I've been sick ever since I gave up the happy leaf) and I was saddened to see that they had a copy of The Last Waltz for sale on the cheapie DVD rack with all those straight to dvd Wayans Brothers and Disney movies
8th March 2007 01:26 PM
nankerphelge "(I swear to Joey that I've been sick ever since I gave up the happy leaf)"

There's an obvious "cure" for that!

In all seriousness though.. I always get a nasty respiratory cold when I go dry for more than a week.

I honestly believe that the lack of icky residue in the lungs is a problem.
8th March 2007 01:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"(I swear to Joey that I've been sick ever since I gave up the happy leaf)"

There's an obvious "cure" for that!

In all seriousness though.. I always get a nasty respiratory cold when I go dry for more than a week.

I honestly believe that the lack of icky residue in the lungs is a problem.

you're definately on to something there, Dr Nanky!
I NEVER NEVER get sick. Until this year. And its all respitory infections. I even got acute bronchitis.

I really think it has to do with laying off the herb. I smoked it regularly for 20 years. And never got anything heavy like bronchitis or the flu.

till now...
8th March 2007 01:35 PM
Bitch Wasn't the movie from The Beacon supposed to be titled
SHINE A LIGHT?

Thats what they said in NY, around Halloween while filming, but maybe someone didnt like that title? If you don't know the song it might be take on a religous meaning. Rolling Stones religion, the kind I believe in and donate to!
8th March 2007 01:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Wasn't the movie from The Beacon supposed to be titled
SHINE A LIGHT?

the current working title is "The True Adventures of Sai Wong"
8th March 2007 02:01 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks for posting that.

so all this "better than the Last Waltz" ejaculation seems as premature as the "best thing theyve done since 'Exile'" nonsense that you hear every time the Stones spend about two weeks in a studio demoing a few songs for their next album.

true, that claim became such a tired rallying call for stones fans - after dirty work, i stopped believing it.
8th March 2007 02:08 PM
jb 4 flicks sucked, and they played even worse last tour....this is going to be about as entertaining as watching grass grow.
8th March 2007 02:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
4 flicks sucked, .

No it fucking didnt.
8th March 2007 02:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

By sight, youdon't mean looks, it's some kind of English slang?

Correct. It just means "by some distance".

as for looks. She's an overmade up stick insect. If you looked at her sideways, she'd be invisible
8th March 2007 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No it fucking didnt.

I disliked it so much, that I sent it to one of our Euro posters ............
8th March 2007 02:27 PM
Saint Sway Four Flicks is hands down the finest packaged and most thorough release EVER by this band

say what you want about the performances... but the overall package is by far the best gem they've put out

especially when you compare to the many other toss-offs that they've hastily put out without any care or thought or meaning behind them (see: Live Licks, Forty Flicks, Rarities.... etc)
8th March 2007 02:29 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Four Flicks is hands down the finest packaged and most thorough release EVER by this band

say what you want about the performances... but the overall package is by far the best gem they've put out

especially when you compare to the many other toss-offs that they've hastily put out without any care or thought or meaning behind them (see: Live Licks, Forty Flicks, Rarities.... etc)

Watching them butcher Hand of Fate and Heartbreaker sealed the deal for me...
8th March 2007 02:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I disliked it so much, that I sent it to one of our Euro posters ............

Seriously. How could ANYone who claims to like the Stones be dissatisfied with this?

You still went to enough shows. Why bother, then if they were that hideous?
8th March 2007 02:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Watching them butcher Hand of Fate and Heartbreaker sealed the deal for me...

better than watching them blow SMU, IORR and MU over and over again

the dvd from this tour will make Flicks look like Brussells
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)