ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Good, The Bad and The Queen Return to archive
8th March 2007 03:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man Has anyone heard this album? It's by an unnamed band featuring Damon Albarn and former Clash bassist, Paul Simonon. I bought it yesterday and It's pretty good.

Here is a link to their Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good%2C_The_Bad_And_The_Queen
8th March 2007 07:07 AM
Zack Funny, I just bought it yesterday too, and have listened to it once. It's a little dubby, a little electronica-y -- didn't really grab me on the first listen but I'll reserve judgment. I'm a Parklife fan but couldn't abide that cartoon stuff. I'll report back after a few more spins.
8th March 2007 08:22 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, this most certainly isn't Blur! I dislkiked Gorillaz, mainly because it really wasn't my kind of music, but the Good, The Bad And The Queen album is really different and it really will grow on you after a listen or two more. Its al very chilled and grown up. I'd say its a mature record aimed at an older crowd.

Blur are actually rumoutred to have one more album in them and maybe if Coxon doesn't return, what we are currently hearing will be the direction the album takes.
8th March 2007 10:54 AM
Saint Sway I'm a big fan of Paul Simonon, so when I heard about this group - especially that it was with the Verve's guitar player - I was so stoked I bought it the week it came out.

but I think my hype over it wound up letting me down bc I think I had different expectations of what it would sound like. I was thinking more Clash. But its more of a Gorillaz record.

overall its a good record and makes for nice background music. Just not what i was hoping it would be.
8th March 2007 10:57 AM
glencar I loved "Clint Eastwood" but a whole album of it would suck...
8th March 2007 04:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man The Good, The Bad and The Queen is not Gorillaz. Perhaps the chilled out vibe on some tracks are a little reminiscent, but that is all. You never know what you'll get with Damon Albarn, if these guys do ever record together again (this was supposed to be a 'one off'), then I really wouldn't be surprised if it took more of a Clash direction. Paul Simonons bass work is quite prominent throughout which is good and Damon Albarn a real chameleon, so who knows.
8th March 2007 05:49 PM
BuckBuckBucky
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Has anyone heard this album? It's by an unnamed band

Actually,That is the name of the band'The Good the Bad and the Queen"-The album is called 'KIngdom of Doom" They are rather in the 'Atmospheric' vein.
[Edited by BuckBuckBucky]
8th March 2007 05:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
BuckBuckBucky wrote:

Actually,That is the name of the band'The Good the Bad and the Queen"-I forgot the name of the album tho'.Haven't it heard it yet either!

The Good, The Bad And The Queen is the name of the album. The band do not have a name. Hense a sticker on the CD stating who they are actually are.
8th March 2007 06:01 PM
Saint Sway when I downloaded the cd into my itunes folder the band name shows at The Good the bad...
8th March 2007 06:21 PM
oldkr "You never know what you'll get with Damon Albarn"

I do, I pee'd next to him....

OLDKR
8th March 2007 06:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
oldkr wrote:
"You never know what you'll get with Damon Albarn"

I do, I pee'd next to him....

OLDKR

windmill 360 postin!
9th March 2007 03:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
when I downloaded the cd into my itunes folder the band name shows at The Good the bad...

Yeah, that'd be right, but it isn't the bands name. They don't have one! The album title flashes up because something has too. I thought it was their name too at first.
9th March 2007 04:51 AM
StonesRolling-65
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Yeah, that'd be right, but it isn't the bands name. They don't have one! The album title flashes up because something has too. I thought it was their name too at first.

They call themself "THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE QUEEN",
so think we also have to ;-)

Great sound - next show: 11th March - Toronto US

Quite nice web-site:

Put your albun in your pc and there are some "bonus"

All the Best!

PS.
You should be able to download their Berlin Feb.8 show here:

or here on DIME /only one seeder

covers:

[Edited by StonesRolling-65]
12th March 2007 12:24 PM
Saint Sway they are doing a FREE show in NYC this afternoon.

At the Apple store in Soho at 2pm

hurry... they're only letting 200 peeps in
[Edited by Saint Sway]
12th March 2007 06:53 PM
GotToRollMe For anyone interested, they'll be on David Letterman tomorrow night (March 13th).
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)