ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Depp in vigil for ill daughter Return to archive
8th March 2007 01:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Depp in vigil for ill daughter

By THOMAS WHITAKER
and NICK PARKER
March 08, 2007
The Sun

JOHNNY DEPP was last night keeping a vigil for his seriously ill daughter at a British hospital.

The Pirates of the Caribbean actor was due to start filming a new movie in England when LILY-ROSE, seven, became sick.

He and his partner VANESSA PARADIS have spent the last nine days with their little girl, who is in a “serious condition”. The couple, who live in France with Lily-Rose and their four-year-old son Jack, have been coming into the hospital via a staff entrance.

They travel in a blacked-out people carrier with their security team.

A hospital source said: “They are worried sick — but Lily-Rose is getting the very best treatment available.”

The Sun knows the name of the hospital and the nature of the illness but we are not printing them to protect the family’s privacy.

American Depp, 43, is in Britain to shoot the screen version of hit musical Sweeney Todd at Pinewood Studios in Bucks.

He is playing Sweeney — the Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

The devoted dad usually takes his family with him when he is filming.

A studio source said: “Johnny is deeply concerned about his daughter.

“As soon as he heard that she is unwell he went to her bedside.

“He will do anything for his kids.”

Depp’s spokesman declined to comment

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
8th March 2007 02:34 AM
FotiniD Shit! I hope she gets better soon

If you ask me, there is a tendency that all these awful things happen to people who don't deserve them at all. I've noticed it everywhere. There's something really wrong with the way "justice" works.

Really hope the kid's alright.
8th March 2007 07:40 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
If you ask me, there is a tendency that all these awful things happen to people who don't deserve them at all. I've noticed it everywhere. There's something really wrong with the way "justice" works.

Nobody (or nobody's kid) deserves severe illness, right? I hope the little girl will get well.
8th March 2007 08:42 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Nobody (or nobody's kid) deserves severe illness, right? I hope the little girl will get well.

Sure, that's not what I meant! It's just that I find that 'bad luck' sort to speak (not specifically a child's disease!) seems to strike people who deserve it the least. Or so I've been witnessing lately.
[Edited by FotiniD]
8th March 2007 09:35 AM
jostorm Unfortunately, shit happens! And without any regard of ones wealth, age, skin colour or creed.
A few weeks ago I organised for a terminal cancer sufferer to hold a very large Boa constrictor, which was his one wish before dying. It was his birthday. The next day I got a text saying he had passed away in the night. He was 11.
Death is all around us, but seems to touch us the most when it afects someone who hasn't lived a full life, who will never know what it's like to be in love, or graduate from school, or drive a car, or to hold ones firstborn child, or, or, or.. And it must be harrowing for the parents. We weren't programmed to bury our children before we go, to even contemplate that thought breaks my heart.

So, all we can really do is wish them well,support them,prey for them if we are religious, and say to ourselves "There for the grace of God go I..." (and if you don't believe in one, then replace by Karma, luck, destiny, whatever...)
8th March 2007 10:07 AM
glencar I can't believe the tabloid is giving a modicum of privacy. Good for them & I hope Miss Depp gets better.
8th March 2007 01:27 PM
Bitch Sad to hear the news. I hope she recovers completely.
8th March 2007 02:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sad for the little girl. Like everyone, I hope she gets well. But at least she's getting the best medical attention and her parents are with her. In many parts of the world a sick kid just gets thrown into a ditch somwhere.
8th March 2007 02:05 PM
texile
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Unfortunately, shit happens! And without any regard of ones wealth, age, skin colour or creed.
A few weeks ago I organised for a terminal cancer sufferer to hold a very large Boa constrictor, which was his one wish before dying. It was his birthday. The next day I got a text saying he had passed away in the night. He was 11.
Death is all around us, but seems to touch us the most when it afects someone who hasn't lived a full life, who will never know what it's like to be in love, or graduate from school, or drive a car, or to hold ones firstborn child, or, or, or.. And it must be harrowing for the parents. We weren't programmed to bury our children before we go, to even contemplate that thought breaks my heart.

So, all we can really do is wish them well,support them,prey for them if we are religious, and say to ourselves "There for the grace of God go I..." (and if you don't believe in one, then replace by Karma, luck, destiny, whatever...)

truly heartbreaking...
i have young neices and when i hear things like this,
i shudder with fear that this could indeed happen to anyone.
children have a very stoic way of dealing with things too -
and that makes it harder to understand...
god bless anyone who has to go through this.
8th March 2007 02:59 PM
BILL PERKS A KID MY SON KNOWS SHOT HIMSELF A DAY AFTER GETTING BEAT UP AT SCHOOL..13 YEARS OLD
8th March 2007 02:59 PM
glencar 9 little Malians died in the Bronx early this morning...
8th March 2007 03:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
9 little Malians died in the Bronx early this morning...

Yeah. I saw that on the news. Space heater? Them goddam things...
8th March 2007 03:07 PM
glencar Well, they had about 11 kids living in one room...
8th March 2007 03:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, they had about 11 kids living in one room...

That's not all that uncommon though is it for immigrant communities in NYC? I'm not saying it's right but you do what you have to do to survive.
8th March 2007 03:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels But like Bill Gates said in his speech in defense of open borders the other day....you gotta feed the machine.
8th March 2007 03:19 PM
glencar Enough with the feeding! Gates is an idiot.
8th March 2007 03:23 PM
Martha Many prayers going out to the Depp family for a full and speedy recovery.

Wishing peace.

"Love comes over me

Love comes over you"
8th March 2007 06:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Depp's daughter 'doing much better'

Mar 08 4:52 PM US/Eastern
Breitbart.com

Hollywood film star Johnny Depp's daughter is now "much better" after reports she was seriously ill in a UK hospital, a spokesperson for the actor said.

The Mirror said Depp's seven-year-old daughter Lily-Rose was rushed to hospital nine days ago as Depp, 43, was filming in Britain.

It said the Pirates Of The Caribbean star and his partner Vanessa Paradis were keeping a round-the-clock vigil on the youngster.

But a spokesperson for Depp said in a statement that her condition had improved.

"We are happy to report that their daughter is doing much better. The family greatly appreciates the continued support and respect of their privacy," the statement read.

The Mirror said it knew what Lily-Rose's medical condition was and where she was being treated, but was not revealing those details to protect the family's privacy.

The actor is shooting his new movie Sweeney Todd at Pinewood Studios.

He plays Benjamin Barker, also known as the murderous barber Sweeney Todd.

The film is being directed by Tim Burton and also stars Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman.

Depp and 34-year-old French singer Paradis have been together for nine years.

Depp also has a four-year-old son, John Jack.

9th March 2007 02:47 AM
FotiniD Happy she's doing better
10th March 2007 08:25 AM
Bitch Lilly stepped on a rusty nail and got blood poisoning which went to her liver, that was serious but treatable. She should be OK, its not cancer or a disease.
12th March 2007 02:15 AM
TampabayStone Our prayers are with him and his family. Hope things have gone North since this thread was 1st posted!

TBS
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)