ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Safe to say no ABB tour dvd? Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th March 2007 07:01 AM
corgi37 I mean, the album is around 18 months old. What were they waiting for? I thought some thing would have been out by last Christmas. I guess the Scorsesee film is going to be it. Bit of a bummer.
7th March 2007 07:10 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Find a copy of the Rio show or the Saitama show.
They'll do fine.
7th March 2007 08:51 AM
Gazza I still think there'll be a separate live DVD aside from the Scorsese film (which isnt really a tour DVD per se).

Makes sense to tie the release in with the European tour. They did film the Austin show, so maybe that'll be where its taken from.
7th March 2007 09:01 AM
Some Guy I'll buy it.
7th March 2007 09:14 AM
egon
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'll buy anything.

7th March 2007 10:08 AM
gimmekeef If theres even twelve bucks in it for them they'll release one.Austin is a good bet too Gazza...Lets set up a tree system...use the freeware DVD Shrink and make free copies to share...enough is enough....
7th March 2007 01:49 PM
Altamont
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I still think there'll be a separate live DVD aside from the Scorsese film (which isnt really a tour DVD per se).

Will anyone get whacked in the Scorsese film? A tour promoter perhaps?
7th March 2007 01:52 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Or a "too high in the mix" piano player?
7th March 2007 01:59 PM
pdog
quote:
Altamont wrote:

chickens, beaten, eaten and torn apart in the NYC subways.
7th March 2007 02:00 PM
jb One can only pray not King Corgi....I don't think any of us can take another Live DVD/CD after the unmitigated abortion Live licks was....on the other hand, if they ever had the balls to release the stuff in the vaults, no price would be too high.
7th March 2007 03:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Altamont wrote:

The 'fuckmook' (*) in charge of the distribution for tickets would be a reasonable enough choice

(* - 'Mean Streets' parlance in keeping with the Scorsese theme)

7th March 2007 04:48 PM
fireontheplatter i am looking forward to a nice dvd release here people.
a daytime show i hope. so we can see people having a nice time bbq'ing up having drinks laughing.
i mean...four flicks is awesome..and the voodooo lounge one is cool too. bridges to babalon is over the top.
but i am looking for the shit here. i want croud interaction in the daytime not so much everything is filmed during the dark hours.
what i am trying to say is...i want to see people tailgating in the parking lot, having fun. stuff like that
7th March 2007 05:00 PM
glencar Hear hear!
7th March 2007 06:15 PM
Soldatti I'm waiting for More Live Licks (Big Hits & Subtle Cuts)
7th March 2007 06:44 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what i am trying to say is...i want to see people tailgating in the parking lot, having fun. stuff like that

Got just what you're looking for right here...
9th March 2007 05:27 AM
corgi37 I just find it incredible they would not release a show featuring the massive stage, which i thought was their best since VL. And, i thought the "Onstage" thing would have been pumped up too. You know, give some of the "onstage" people video cameras to shoot from their perspective.

The Rio stage (which we got in Oz) was crap - and no pyro in Rio either. Of course they'd only release a U.S. show, regardless of set list or playing quality, cause lets face it, Jagger saying thank you in German or Italian just aint gonna sell in the States.

And, i think any release between now and the Scorsesee doco would harm the latter. I just think they should have released it by now. Christmas being the perfect time. Another fuck up by the organisation.
9th March 2007 06:20 AM
speedfreakjive would be good to get a DVD, but its a luxury no?
9th March 2007 06:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Of course they'd only release a U.S. show, regardless of set list or playing quality, cause lets face it, Jagger saying thank you in German or Italian just aint gonna sell in the States.

If they're going to overdub some of the music, theres nothing to stop them overdubbing some of the between-songs patter!
9th March 2007 10:08 AM
Bitch Didn't they already release the RIO show? It was played in selected movie theatres, I went to see it a few months ago. Of course it rocked!
12th March 2007 01:59 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
If theres even twelve bucks in it for them they'll release one.Austin is a good bet too Gazza.

Mick told the audience before the Austin show that they were going to be filming for the DVD, I just thought maybe they did this for all their shows

[Edited by Bloozehound]
12th March 2007 11:27 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If they're going to overdub some of the music, theres nothing to stop them overdubbing some of the between-songs patter!

And they have in fact included Mick's foreign-language salutations, on "Flashpoint" and "No Security," maybe others.
12th March 2007 04:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Mick told the audience before the Austin show that they were going to be filming for the DVD, I just thought maybe they did this for all their shows

[Edited by Bloozehound]

I too thought they recorded every single show.
12th March 2007 04:49 PM
Saint Sway how is it that the Stones arent releasing EVERY show in either cd or dvd format??????

so many other bands do this. Why wouldnt they want to tap into this for the xtra coin?
12th March 2007 04:50 PM
glencar I would have bought DVD's for every show I was at. They are losing out on an extremely lucrative market.
12th March 2007 05:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I would have bought DVD's for every show I was at.

yes! And then some!!!

I probably would of bought more from shows I didnt attend
12th March 2007 05:14 PM
Some Guy I was cleaning out my dvd cabinet and found The Black Crowes cd live from the The Tabernacle May 8th 2005 in Atlanta.
12th March 2007 05:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I was cleaning out my dvd cabinet and found The Black Crowes cd live from the The Tabernacle May 8th 2005 in Atlanta.

you're in for a big night, T!
12th March 2007 05:50 PM
Saint Sway check out the encores on May 7th!!!!.... looks like you got the wrong nights CD Hoss

The Black Crowes
08 May 2005 - The Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA [ USA ]
S E T L I S T »
Don't Do It
Stare It Cold
Go Tell The Congregation
Jealous Again
Seeing Things
My Morning Song -> Late Nights Again Jam (1st time played) -> My Morning Song
Girl From A Pawnshop
Space Captain
High Head Blues
Wiser Time
How Much For Your Wings?
Young Man, Old Man
Twice As Hard
No Speak No Slave
- encore -
She Talks To Angels
Shake Your Money Maker

The Black Crowes
07 May 2005 - The Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA [ USA ]
S E T L I S T »
Cursed Diamond
Sting Me
Horsehead
Share The Ride ->
Mellow Down Easy
Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye
Jam -> Thorn In My Pride
Descending
Under A Mountain
Soul Singing
Remedy
Girl From The North Country
Hard To Handle -> Jam
- encore -
Tumbling Dice
Happy

Girl From The North Country and Hard To Handle w/Jimmy Herring
last "Girl From The North Country" - 7/18/97

The Black Crowes
06 May 2005 - The Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA [ USA ]
S E T L I S T »
Jam -> Greasy Grass River
Gone
Thick N' Thin
Hotel Illness
Another Roadside Tragedy
Good Friday
My Morning Song
Sister Luck
Space Captain
She Gave Good Sunflower
By Your Side
Nonfiction -> Jam
Twice As Hard
- encore -
Don't Let Me Down
Yer Blues

The Black Crowes
05 May 2005 - The Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA [ USA ]
S E T L I S T »
Virtue And Vice
Sting Me
Jam -> Black Moon Creeping
Cosmic Friend
Ballad In Urgency ->
Wiser Time
Jam -> Thorn In My Pride
Sometimes Salvation
Peace Anyway
Soul Singing
Jealous Again
Remedy
No Speak No Slave
-encore-
Willin'
Hard To Handle -> Jam

This show marked the return of Steve Gorman on drums
Rose Hill Drive opened the show
12th March 2007 05:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Didn't they already release the RIO show? It was played in selected movie theatres,

No. They just showed it - in America only - for one night. It was never released.
12th March 2007 05:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

And they have in fact included Mick's foreign-language salutations, on "Flashpoint" and "No Security," maybe others.

Theres a bit on "No Security" where he addresses the crowd (in Chorzow) in Polish, but there arent actualy any songs on the album taken from that show.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)