ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WTF? Return to archive
5th March 2007 06:08 PM
pdog I just got this from Ticketbastard. These auctions are sickening, but that's not my gripe... When did Dark Side become Roger Waters masterpiece? I thought there were 4 memebers of Pink Floyd?
Give me a ticket and I'll go!

"Roger Waters is coming back to the U.S. for a return engagement tour, bringing his amazing, state-of-the-art show to perform his masterpiece The Dark Side Of The Moon. Tickets will go fast, so take advantage of this special offer to get tickets."
5th March 2007 06:10 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
I just got this from Ticketbastard. These auctions are sickening, but that's not my gripe... When did Dark Side become Roger Waters masterpiece? I thought there were 4 memebers of Pink Floyd?
Give me a ticket and I'll go!

" Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon
Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon
We could float among the stars together, you and I
For we can fly we can fly
Up, up and away
My beautiful, my beautiful balloon
The world's a nicer place in my beautiful balloon
It wears a nicer face in my beautiful balloon
We can sing a song and sail along the silver sky
Up, up and away
Suspended under a twilight canopy
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us
We'll keep the moon beside us
Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dream across the sky
Up, up and away
Balloon...
Up, up, and away..... "

5th March 2007 06:12 PM
pdog Die Joey!
5th March 2007 06:14 PM
Joey " Die Joey! "

5th March 2007 06:16 PM
pdog Die Joey!
5th March 2007 06:18 PM
fireontheplatter i saw david gilmore at giants stadium back in 1995 and it was freaking amazing. he did all the pink floyd songs..opened up with, shine on you crazy diamond.

for awhile there i was always partial to david and probably still am..just because he doesn't seem like such a dickhead as roger is.

i am sure roger does it like nobodys business, but he pisses me off. he always wants the lions share.

i would rather see david anyday before roger
5th March 2007 06:56 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i saw david gilmore at giants stadium back in 1995 and it was freaking amazing. he did all the pink floyd songs..opened up with, shine on you crazy diamond.

It was actually '94, and it was the Gilmour fronted Floyd touring in support of The Division Bell.

Completely over the top both visually and aurally...
5th March 2007 06:59 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

It was actually '94, and it was the Gilmour fronted Floyd touring in support of The Division Bell.

Completely over the top both visually and aurally...

exactly...you are so right.
i tell you what. i had last row seats looking dead center onto the stage.....and well...i am not even going to go there.
great show.
thanks for the reminder
5th March 2007 09:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot >he always wants the lions share<

Gee, if you wrote the lion's share of the songs...and it was your idea and vision that the band was using...wouldn't you want the lion's share too?

Let's be brutally honest here.

The Syd Barrett version of Pink Floyd was fantastic. When Syd had his breakdown and left, Roger Waters stepped up, and turned a negative into a positive...at least financially. Gilmore was a hired hand. He was not an original member of the band. The albums that made "Pink Floyd" a household name...were the children of Roger Waters. His vision, his songs.

The Gilmore led Pink Floyd isn't nearly as good as the Water's led Pink Floyd. Period. That isn't even debatable. I never cared much for any post-Syd Pink Floyd...but at least the band with Waters in it was sorta interesting. Gilmore Floyd is dead boring.

Waters has the songs. It's as simple as that.
5th March 2007 09:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>he always wants the lions share<

Gee, if you wrote the lion's share of the songs...and it was your idea and vision that the band was using...wouldn't you want the lion's share too?

Let's be brutally honest here.

The Syd Barrett version of Pink Floyd was fantastic. When Syd had his breakdown and left, Roger Waters stepped up, and turned a negative into a positive...at least financially. Gilmore was a hired hand. He was not an original member of the band. The albums that made "Pink Floyd" a household name...were the children of Roger Waters. His vision, his songs.

The Gilmore led Pink Floyd isn't nearly as good as the Water's led Pink Floyd. Period. That isn't even debatable. I never cared much for any post-Syd Pink Floyd...but at least the band with Waters in it was sorta interesting. Gilmore Floyd is dead boring.

Waters has the songs. It's as simple as that.

Thanks for clearing that up... I had no idea. I knew Waters was around w/ Barret, and then Gilmour came along, i never put 2 and 2 together.
i have to admit, f Waters was doing this with gilmour, i'd be very curious about the show, then again, there's probably dozens of guys who can fill the guitar player shoes.
5th March 2007 10:25 PM
TOTA75 <>

DOH!!!
WTF is right...
5th March 2007 10:40 PM
Zack The classic Floyd albums would never have come off without Gilmour though. As a musician and performer he runs rings around Waters. The Waters show is like a Floyd tribute band. Yes, Roger wrote most of the songs, had that cheery Floyd "vision" that most fans put up with because the music was so good) but Dave sang them put them into both criticially (for the most part) and commercially outstanding musical settings. I'd see a Waters show any time, and I have in fact, but I'd much prefer a Gilmour show these days.
5th March 2007 11:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
Zack wrote:
The classic Floyd albums would never have come off without Gilmour though. As a musician and performer he runs rings around Waters. The Waters show is like a Floyd tribute band. Yes, Roger wrote most of the songs, had that cheery Floyd "vision" that most fans put up with because the music was so good) but Dave sang them put them into both criticially (for the most part) and commercially outstanding musical settings. I'd see a Waters show any time, and I have in fact, but I'd much prefer a Gilmour show these days.

agreed...........
5th March 2007 11:43 PM
BILL PERKS I'D RATHER SEE GEORGE MICHAEL THAN FLOYD,ANY DAY!
5th March 2007 11:53 PM
Scottfree
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I'D RATHER SEE GEORGE MICHAEL THAN FLOYD,ANY DAY!

But would you see Wham w/out George Michael? Jitterbug, just wouldn't be the same...
6th March 2007 01:04 AM
Zack Nice avatar Perks. Love the little red "x" in the corner. Where would you like to see George, the men's room? Save it for a Dirty Work thread.

Back on topic, I will agree with SS that the last two Floyd albums, like his solo album last year, were pleasant, competent . . . and boring as hell.

I disagree though that Gilmour was just a hired hand. He joined less than a year after their first single, and was thrown into a mix where the band hadn't the foggiest idea how they were going to carry on. The more ethereal, conceptual direction the band went in, from Saucerful of Secrets, to Atom Heart Mother to Echoes was developed musically as much by Gilmour as Waters. And by the third album he had come up with his signature guitar solo, which is why people bought the records in the first place.
6th March 2007 10:20 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Zack wrote:
Nice avatar Perks. Love the little red "x" in the corner. Where would you like to see George, the men's room? Save it for a Dirty Work thread.

Back on topic, I will agree with SS that the last two Floyd albums, like his solo album last year, were pleasant, competent . . . and boring as hell.

I disagree though that Gilmour was just a hired hand. He joined less than a year after their first single, and was thrown into a mix where the band hadn't the foggiest idea how they were going to carry on. The more ethereal, conceptual direction the band went in, from Saucerful of Secrets, to Atom Heart Mother to Echoes was developed musically as much by Gilmour as Waters. And by the third album he had come up with his signature guitar solo, which is why people bought the records in the first place.

BACK ON TOPIC..I BLOODY HATE PINK FLOYD!
6th March 2007 10:35 AM
Saint Sway Pdog, when I read your topic header I immediately thought this thread was about the Let It Bleed /Amstel /campfire commercial
6th March 2007 08:21 PM
lotsajizz it's a good show...this, from last September....

the band
Andy Fairweather Low (is there anyone he does NOT play with?!?)– Guitar
Snowy White – Guitar
Dave Kilminster – Guitar and Vocals
Graham Broad - Drums
Jon Carin – Keyboards
Harry Waters – Hammond
Ian Ritchie - Saxophone
Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold and Carol Kenyon – Background Vocals

the set--
In the Flesh
Mother
Set the Controls For the Heart Of the Sun
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (1-3)
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southhampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home
Perfect Sense Parts 1 and 2
Leaving Beirut
Sheep

(15 minute break)

Speak To Me
Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
Vera
Bring The Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

6th March 2007 08:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pdog, when I read your topic header I immediately thought this thread was about the Let It Bleed /Amstel /campfire commercial

WTF!
LOL.......
8===================0~~~
6th March 2007 08:38 PM
fireontheplatter veraaaaaa
veraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what has become of youuuuuuuu

remember how she said we would meet again some sunny day

run to the bedroom theres a suitcase on the left you'll find my favorite axe.....don't look so frightned this just a passing phase.......

ahhhhhhh....

thump ........

look mommy theres a small plane up in the sky
13th March 2007 07:43 AM
TALK IS CHEAP Nice "Wall" quotes there, platter.
For anyone intrested, the backwards message at the start of "empty spaces" when reversed, goes "Congratulations, you have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to old pink, care of the funny farm, chalfont" and then a faint voice says "Roger, Caroline's on the phone" - Caroline being Roger's wife in those days.

Do I win anything??
13th March 2007 11:13 AM
jb Pink Floyd is a very boring group....most Stones fans don't dig this pseudo-intellectual crap.
13th March 2007 11:58 AM
mojoman floyd at its core is a blues band........
13th March 2007 12:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:
floyd at its core is a blues band........

Blue Floyd!! Doing "Fearless"

Blue Floyd is: Matt Apts & Allen Woody (Govt Mule), Marc Ford (Black Crowes), Berry Oakley Jr and Johnny Neel (Allman Bros)
13th March 2007 07:22 PM
Gimme Shelter I saw Roger last October in Mountainview, Calif and the show was incredible.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)