ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pavarotti to sing Deep Purple classic (NSC) Return to archive
March 11th, 2005 10:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Pavarotti to sing Deep Purple classic

11/03/2005 - 11:04:53
IO

Legendary tenor Luciano Pavarotti will lend his voice to a new version of Deep Purple classic Smoke on the Water for a new retrospective album covering the 40 year career of rocker Ian Gillan.

Pavarotti, aged 69, has performed with the band in the past - and enjoys a friendship with Deep Purple singer Gillan - but won't be joining them in the studio.

Instead, Pavarotti will record his vocals on the new version of the 1972 track in his homeland of Italy.

An insider says: "Pavarotti is expected to record his vocals in Italy and then have them blended with Ian's."

March 11th, 2005 10:44 AM
J.J.Flash THey can be friends.... they can join each other onstage once in a while......but, PLEASE, don't do that Luciano....... I beg you......don't kill their classic....one of the greatest of the history of R'n'R I might say.....
March 11th, 2005 10:46 AM
J.J.Flash ALso, I must add that Ian Gillan is one of the best R'n'R performers...mostly as a singer.... certainly a gifted vocalist.....(see Child In Time).
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood