ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger girl's romp Return to archive
March 10th, 2005 07:24 PM
exile WHEN model Elizabeth Jagger and her boyfriend Calum Best engaged in some very heavy petting in a London nightclub, she had "a legitimate expectation of privacy", Britain's High Court ruled yesterday in granting an injunction against publication of pictures of the episode.

Jagger and Best, son of English football legend George Best, were unaware they had been caught on security camera until three days later when a series of ``rather indistinct stills'' were splashed over the front page of the News of the World.
Jagger, 21, the eldest child of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and Texan model Jerry Hall, said she was anxious to prevent the pictures from reaching the internet.

The court heard the pair had "engaged in sexual activities'' just inside the closed doors of Kabaret's Prophecy nightclub in Soho at 4am on February 17.

"Although the claimant may be said to be guilty of misconduct in a most general sense, she was not in my view ... guilty of such moral turpitude as to prevent her seeking her remedy from the court,'' Justice Rodger Bell said.

"I can see no legitimate public interest in further dissemination of the images, which could serve only to humiliate the claimant for the prurient interest of others.''

His order prevents further publication of the footage or any stills from it. It was granted against club manager John Darling and any other unknown defendants who might have supplied the footage to the News of the World.

The judge said the balance between Jagger's rights to privacy and Mr Darling's rights to freedom of expression came down firmly in favour of restricting publication.

But Jagger can only hope the injunction stops the footage from reaching the internet, where copyright law is notoriously difficult to enforce, as American hotel heiress Paris Hilton, for one, knows only too well.

From The Times of London.

http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,12511395-10431,00.html
March 10th, 2005 07:28 PM
exile sorry sirmoonie I just realised you already posted this!
my Apologies, feel free to delete post voodoo!
March 10th, 2005 07:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To honor this I posted a thread about the Stones in Australia in 1973
March 10th, 2005 08:16 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
exile wrote:
sorry sirmoonie I just realised you already posted this!
my Apologies, feel free to delete post voodoo!

dont forget gazza's thread about it - it has already made it to the archives.
March 11th, 2005 06:57 AM
exile australian newspapers way fucken behind
March 11th, 2005 07:02 AM
Gazza a little tip :

if a newspaper story of a sexual encounter includes the words "romp" or "torrid" it will have originally came from an English tabloid, such as "The Sun" or "The News of the World".

They are the only people in the English-speaking world who use those two words - and EVERYONE who fucks someone they're not married to is ALWAYS described as having a "romp" or a "torrid affair".
March 11th, 2005 07:10 AM
egon anyway, i say;

"You go girl!"
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood