ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Bass : Jack Bruce to tour with Stones Return to archive
March 10th, 2005 02:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Just kidding of course. Wishful thinking maybe.

March 10th, 2005 03:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Anyway get rid of Darryl and get a real bass player.
March 10th, 2005 03:19 PM
J.J.Flash I should sue you, fuckin' bastard..........it's been a long time since the last time I felt this way..... my heart jumped right on my throat......and those thrills in my spine......... for a brief moment I thought......

"I just died....."
March 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
Tom Actually Darryl is a great bass player
March 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
J.J.Flash Motsie.....I swear the God..... it could have been the best news for me in the last 7 years when it comes to Rolling Stones.....
March 10th, 2005 03:21 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Tom wrote:
Actually Darryl is a great bass player

And actually I agree completely with you....but Bruce is my hero....
March 10th, 2005 03:29 PM
J.J.Flash Really Motels....... you should be banned...... reading it again......how disappointing it is....
March 10th, 2005 03:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Tom wrote:
Actually Darryl is a great bass player

He's ok....as far as bass players go. The problem is, is that bass players get no respect.
March 10th, 2005 05:13 PM
Gazza Jack's insides are in even worse state than Ronnie or Keith's

Didnt he get/isnt he getting a kidney or liver transplant or something?

He wouldnt last a week with the Stones!
March 10th, 2005 05:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Didnt he get/isnt he getting a kidney or liver transplant or something?

He wouldnt last a week with the Stones!

If I'm not mistaken he had a liver transplant. And if one uses themselves right you can live quite a long time after one of those....even though reports say Larry Hagman has drunk his "new" liver to death. I don't blame him...it's HARD if not impossible to quit drinking.

But as far as Jack and the Stones....he could outplay any of them or all of them any day of the week. But it's a chemistry thing. I'm certainly no expert on these matters but it seems to me the Stones need some pizazz. Maybe Keith getting sober but we know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. And I don't blame him If I had his money and power I'd never be sober again either. But that's just me.

Jack Bruce never had much luck playing in "bands". West Bruce and Laing, that band with Mick Taylor, even Cream was a flash in the pan, albiet a great one. Maybe he just can't work with people.....I dunno. Maybe he has an over estimation of his own self importance? I dunno.

March 10th, 2005 07:12 PM
Gazza No doubt about his playing abilities, TTM. The man is a true maestro

he's touring with Cream in May. Should be quite interesting on more levels than just musical, as they might implode before it's over!
March 10th, 2005 08:06 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I don't blame him...it's HARD if not impossible to quit drinking.

Thank God it is not impossible.

March 10th, 2005 08:07 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

he's touring with Cream in May. Should be quite interesting on more levels than just musical, as they might implode before it's over!

5 to 1 it will last less time than the last G n' R tour!
March 10th, 2005 09:24 PM
Soldatti 6 to 1!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood