ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pre Album/Tour Marking Time Return to archive
March 10th, 2005 08:34 AM
Nellcote I do not know about you, however, during the period of time prior to a new release, or when activity towards a release has been speculated, I usually dispatch with most of the non Stones items I've been listening to, rummaging through the past(darkly?) to get insights from the unreleased tidbits & gems which turned into offical released product.
Today, I'm spinning Black Box, which is great for starters.
Next on tap is the Voodoo Series, as there seems to be a vast amount of releaseable nuggets there which would seem to see the light of day at some point...
Am I alone, or do others here get cranked towards new product in this manner?
March 10th, 2005 09:11 AM
Gazza tends to kick in with me around the time the tour/album announcement is made until I start getting the first few shows.

between tours, I dont really listen to the Stones any more than I do any other type of music. I go through stages of listening to one or two artists for weeks on end then transferring that to someone else.

Last tour I was able to sustain the overdosing on Stones because for the first time I was able to see them near the start of a tour (NY and LA) - it kinda waned briefly after I got home and then picked up again just as much when the Euro dates came around. Treeing shows also kept up the interest!

This time, I think it'll be different slightly. With shows being torrented almost immediately, they'll be available within hours in may cases. That should certainly keep me occupied. Hopefully by the time the tour comes round, we may have a torrent facility on this site so people can share their new recordings from the tour (and previous ones too)
[Edited by Gazza]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood