ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Big news from Stonesdoug Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 9th, 2005 07:16 PM
Mel Belli The Dougmeister has word that the band - plus backup players - are slated to record in France, starting Monday. Woo-hoo!
March 9th, 2005 07:31 PM
kath

CONGA LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 9th, 2005 07:49 PM
Snappy McJack Sa-weeeet!
March 9th, 2005 08:08 PM
Mikey From what I'm hearing, the word is that the album will be their best since Exile!

Warning: comment may contain sarcasm
March 9th, 2005 08:13 PM
JumpingKentFlash Wow Mikey. Really??? Bruahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
March 9th, 2005 08:15 PM
Mikey hahahah, seriously JKF.

I'm as excited as all else, but spare us the Exile/Beggars/LIB/Sticky references.
March 9th, 2005 08:26 PM
Bob Tamp Im kind of hoping that the extra musicians and back up singers can record their parts quick, and then leave. I would really like the new album to be stripped down.
March 9th, 2005 08:55 PM
Some Guy Good Times.
March 9th, 2005 09:01 PM
corgi37 I wonder if any of them know what a studio looks like anymore? I can imagine Keith going "whats this do again?".. and.. "what this button for?"

Sort of like Homer saying "Where's my TAB?"
March 9th, 2005 09:03 PM
kath can we not bitch until we actually hear the album?? i wanna be excited about something!!!
March 9th, 2005 09:50 PM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Mikey wrote:
hahahah, seriously JKF.

I'm as excited as all else, but spare us the Exile/Beggars/LIB/Sticky references.

Yeah. I agree on that. But Was said that it sounded like Out Of Our Heads this time didn't he. That just shows that all is relative. When Dirty Work came out it was like: "This sounds like Exile", and then of course it was utter shite. Hahahaha. So if this new one is said to sound like Out Of Our Heads, it probably means that it sounds like a mix of anywhere between Bowie's Earthling and The Stooges' Raw Power.
Still I have my hopes up for it though. I bet my left nut that it's gonna be a good one. A very good one even.
March 9th, 2005 10:09 PM
Nellcote Wicked Pissa!
March 9th, 2005 10:20 PM
glencar This news is good news. I hope I can get tingly about it eventually but it's still early days.
March 9th, 2005 11:52 PM
Poplar
Rock and Roll, about to go back on the road.
March 10th, 2005 12:19 AM
Taptrick

Over the last two weeks amid much drinking and reminiscing with friends, we were reminded of how in the 70s when we were kids (2nd grade in 1972) the older kids in the neighborhood started saying "That's cock..." when refering to someting really cool, bad, hot, bitchin', etc. So with the news of the Stones recording again I would like to pay tribute to those memories of yesteryear and say....

This is cock
March 10th, 2005 12:43 AM
IanBillen
Fantastic. If it is so. Bout time. However, the thread from StonesDoug also states they are to record only a week starting on Monday March 14th?

If it is infact only a week. What can they possibly do in a week? Hmmm. Interesting. Maybe a good part of all this will just be over-dubbing to what already exists. Geez a week. No Stones record has ever been recorded in one week flat.

Again, my suspicions are alot of it has already been finished one way or another.

Ian
March 10th, 2005 12:47 AM
T&A
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
The Dougmeister has word that the band - plus backup players - are slated to record in France, starting Monday. Woo-hoo!

Backup players you say? I guess Ronnie is back in after all!
March 10th, 2005 03:05 AM
FotiniD Hope this time they'll actually hang around in the studio long enough.

Bring us a good record!
March 10th, 2005 04:22 AM
Bloozehound wok n rol
March 10th, 2005 04:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
wok n rol

yes and no Keith ballad !! enough!!
March 10th, 2005 04:31 AM
Gazza yeah..and the sessions start the day after Woody's gig on Sunday

now would it be too much to ask if....

oh I daren't think about it!
March 10th, 2005 04:38 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah..and the sessions start the day after Woody's gig on Sunday

now would it be too much to ask if....

oh I daren't think about it!

I ve heard Bill may be there next sunday Gazza..have a good time !!
March 10th, 2005 05:04 AM
luxury1 Holy SHit Gazza!! Didnt they say Bernard was already a go for that gig with Ronnie? Man, dont get sick or anything.........

March 10th, 2005 05:11 AM
Gazza get sick?

I'll be at that show even if they have to wheel me in on a fuckin' drip!

Mixed thoughts on Bill's appearance (I've figured right from the start that he would be the most likely 'Stone' to guest) in that while it would be great to see him again I can't really imagine Keith & him being BOTH on the same stage.

I do think it would give out a pretty shitty message though if Ronnie was doing a solo gig and that none of his current bandmates played at it, especially as they'll be all together at the time.
[Edited by Gazza]
March 10th, 2005 07:34 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

yes and no Keith ballad !! enough!!

They will record Travelling Man again..... (let somebody dream freely)
March 10th, 2005 07:44 AM
Irresistible-Lady I hope that they stay into the rock'n roll,and i hope they don't want to be modern.or something.
March 10th, 2005 09:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
kath wrote:
can we not bitch until we actually hear the album?? i wanna be excited about something!!!

Reasonable enough, Personally speaking though, all this talk about recording separately and then everyone getting together for a whole WEEK leaves me seriously underwhelmed expectations-wise.

I hope I'm wrong, but if that report is true, the whole thing prospectively sounds half-assed. I would expect the band to have further work to do on the record once the extra personnel do their 'bits'.
March 10th, 2005 09:10 AM
Zeeta Gaz - very true however could we have an odds and ends et al Tattoo You + Black & Blue - nah. ?
But doesn't it will be the biggest piece of shite ( I hope)? As long as nothin is as bad as Losing My Touch, Keys to Your Love and Stealin My Heart then we could be up for a bit of a cool jammin blue disc?

We'll see.....

Still pissed off I couldn't come man - gutted in fact!
March 10th, 2005 09:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Still pissed off I couldn't come man - gutted in fact!

you should see a doctor about that problem, Zeeta!!
March 10th, 2005 09:20 AM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
The Dougmeister has word that the band - plus backup players - are slated to record in France, starting Monday. Woo-hoo!

Tanks( sic ) Mel .................................

YOU MAKE JOEY JUBILANT !!!!!!!

******* YOUNG JOEY NOW BEGINS TO DANCE ***********

I love the night life.
I got to Steelie

on the disco-round
oh yeah.
I love the night life.
I got to Steelie

on the disco-round
oh yeah.

Please don't talk about love tonight.
Yo' sweet talk won't make it right.
Lovin' lies just bring me down

when you got women all over town.
You can love them all an' when you're through

maybe that'll make an man outta you.

I got to go where the people dance

******* YOUNG JOEY NOW BEGINS TO DANCE AGAIN ***********

I love the night life.
I got to Steelie

on the disco-round
oh yeah.
I love the night life.
I got to Steelie

on the disco-round
oh yeah...................( fade to SDH ) "

Little Surscee ! ™

Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood