ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stone Statue Row Return to archive
March 9th, 2005 11:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ROLLING STONE STATUE ROW

Fans of late ROLLING STONES guitarist BRIAN JONES can buy individual tiles from the swimming pool where he drowned in 1969 - but his former lover has demanded a portion of the profits be used to erect a statue of the PAINT IT BLACK icon in his home town of Cheltenham, England.

PAT ANDREWS - the mother of Jones' son JULIAN - is furious a fan club, which is selling the tiles for $247 (GBP130), has backtracked on its promise to donate a portion of the profits to fund the proposed memorial.

The BRIAN JONES FANCLUB CHELTENHAM spokesman DAVID REYNOLDS advertised the unique sale in his fanzine THE SPIRIT MAGAZINE, describing it as an, "Opportunity to own something so closely connected to Brian."

But Andrews has been told by a host of disgruntled rock memorabilia collectors that Reynolds told them, after they had purchased tiles, that no proceeds would be donated to the statue project.

Andrews, who dated Jones during the 1950s and 1960s, rages, "I have never been allowed to see any of the financial details of the fund and am very concerned that the tiles have gone up in price from the price I originally agreed to.

"Mr Reynolds should turn the proceeds of the fund over to some real Brian Jones fans so they can either erect the statue we were promised, or return the money to those who donated so generously to what would have been a tourist attraction and fitting monument to Brian's memory."

Reynolds argues the money raised is not enough for a statue: "We are now intending to use the money to commission a bust which will be displayed in the Cheltenham Arts museum."

Contactmusic.com
09/03/2005 14:37

March 9th, 2005 04:24 PM
glencar ANYBODY hwo bought these tiles is one sick bitch. I hope they are ashamed. They don't even have the fig leaf of "a portion of the proceeds..." What skanks.
March 9th, 2005 08:38 PM
exile This cant be true I dont believe it
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood