ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: On making a point etc. Return to archive
March 8th, 2005 03:10 AM
FotiniD I didn't read all of the "Cook a pig" / "Favorite sauce" series but I do understand Sir Stonesalot's point. It could be done in various other ways though instead of spamming. Satire, alright - but you can do that with one post of this kind instead of multiple ones.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is we're making a whole lot of unnecessary fuss over it. We should take things more easily. Alright, the board is not at its highest right now, BUT since this is a board where we mostly discuss Stones / their music / what they're doing and taking into consideration that they haven't come out with any REAL new material for almost a decade now, don't you think it's only natural that discussions would at sometime reach this point? How many times can you go through the Woody/Taylor debate or what was better, Exile or Sticky Fingers or whatever.

I'm 100% sure that once we get ourselves a new tour + hopefully the new material, things are going to take a u-turn and go back to... er... normal (if we can ever call the asylum normal ) I remember the whole announcement of the Licks tour and the excitement, the news coming in every minute, searching for pictures the moment they were published on the net and posting them here... It's great fun you guys! And we're going to do this all over again!

So stop the whinning, spamming and bitching and "ooh, the board is not as good as it used to be". It's going to be alright.
March 8th, 2005 05:50 AM
J.J.Flash Amen my princess!

I can't take it anymore.
March 8th, 2005 07:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot I started four satire posts. Count them. I don't think that is spamming. I did think it enough to drive home my point though. Besides most of them are on page 2 already.

It's not my problem that several other people took the ball and ran away with it. In fact, that that happened only reinforces what I'm trying to say.

Notice that I have not started another one of those satire type threads. If you want to point fingers, point them at the right people.

I've done nothing but try to bring some problems to light, and get people to think about it a little.

I understand the "some news from the Stones camp will make everything ok" point of view. But I think you'll find that if you let people get set in the ways of going out of bounds, it will be really difficult to reign them in later.

I think it's best to maintain a little control now, nip things in the bud, before it gets so out of control that it becomes an unstoppable force.

But hey, if the majority of the posters here are ok with the board being slopped up with lame crap, then that's fine with me. I can sling slop with the best of them.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
March 9th, 2005 02:30 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I started four satire posts. Count them. I don't think that is spamming. I did think it enough to drive home my point though. Besides most of them are on page 2 already.

It's not my problem that several other people took the ball and ran away with it. In fact, that that happened only reinforces what I'm trying to say.

Notice that I have not started another one of those satire type threads. If you want to point fingers, point them at the right people.

I've done nothing but try to bring some problems to light, and get people to think about it a little.

I understand the "some news from the Stones camp will make everything ok" point of view. But I think you'll find that if you let people get set in the ways of going out of bounds, it will be really difficult to reign them in later.

I think it's best to maintain a little control now, nip things in the bud, before it gets so out of control that it becomes an unstoppable force.

But hey, if the majority of the posters here are ok with the board being slopped up with lame crap, then that's fine with me. I can sling slop with the best of them.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

Hey there, easy. I didn't mean to "point fingers". If you read the very first paragraph of my post, I say I get you point, but imo, it could be done elseway. Either way, it's not THAT important. I still think we're making too much of a deal out of all this.
March 9th, 2005 07:54 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
[...]

[...]

And I am deeply thankful for that my fellow Stonesy. But the behaviour that came after that is completely annoying (as well as the lack of sense on the previous started threads before you reported THE problem).

Come on people, start talking about fuckin' guitars, start talkin' 'bout how to tune your guitar like Keith Richards, about what's the most rare bootleg.......and so forth.....

Rock'n'Roll babies!

"Gotta see my Rock'n'Roll doctor Ronnie"
March 9th, 2005 07:59 AM
Madafaka Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing, is gonna be alright! This is a message to you-u-uuuuuuuuu!
March 9th, 2005 08:11 AM
gypsy
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I didn't read all of the "Cook a pig" / "Favorite sauce" series but I do understand Sir Stonesalot's point. It could be done in various other ways though instead of spamming. Satire, alright - but you can do that with one post of this kind instead of multiple ones.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is we're making a whole lot of unnecessary fuss over it. We should take things more easily. Alright, the board is not at its highest right now, BUT since this is a board where we mostly discuss Stones / their music / what they're doing and taking into consideration that they haven't come out with any REAL new material for almost a decade now, don't you think it's only natural that discussions would at sometime reach this point? How many times can you go through the Woody/Taylor debate or what was better, Exile or Sticky Fingers or whatever.

I'm 100% sure that once we get ourselves a new tour + hopefully the new material, things are going to take a u-turn and go back to... er... normal (if we can ever call the asylum normal ) I remember the whole announcement of the Licks tour and the excitement, the news coming in every minute, searching for pictures the moment they were published on the net and posting them here... It's great fun you guys! And we're going to do this all over again!

So stop the whinning, spamming and bitching and "ooh, the board is not as good as it used to be". It's going to be alright.

You ROCC, Sistah!
March 9th, 2005 08:25 AM
Jumacfly FotiniD is a princess...i m really looking forward to meet her on next tour...
March 9th, 2005 08:31 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
FotiniD is a princess...i m really looking forward to meet her on next tour...

Back off bitch...... she's already mine and we have already set up everything.......ask her
March 9th, 2005 09:50 AM
Jair Come on, don't repress us FotiniD. It's not a nice thing for a greek guy, being Greece the crawdle of civilization.

March 9th, 2005 04:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK.

It's all good to me.

But you'll all regret the inaction when tour time comes and it takes 20-30 minutes to sift through the horseshit to find good info. I've seen it happen before.

Don't say I didn't try to warn you.
March 9th, 2005 04:29 PM
Nellcote Hey SS,
You warned me that the Pats better bring their game
to Jacksonville.
All I saw was Donovan McNabb puke his Mom's soup
And that Rookie Coach use valuable time at the end of the
game.

I trust your Stones info is better.
March 9th, 2005 04:30 PM
glencar SS, I'm sure if Joey & Joshy are still doing their schtick during the thick of a tour, they'll be told to cease & desist. It's not a big concern.
March 9th, 2005 04:55 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Back off bitch...... she's already mine and we have already set up everything.......ask her

you re really the playboy of the board JJF
March 9th, 2005 07:10 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jair wrote:
It's not a nice thing for a greek guy

You probably need to get your info and assumptions straight.
March 10th, 2005 03:10 AM
FotiniD It's going to be just fine. Trust me. Who's gonna sit around here talking about signs, sauces and penis sizes once the new record and tour is here?! I say, bring it on and we're going to forget all of this ever happened babies!

P.S. Plus I got two of RO's great playboys to meet
March 10th, 2005 07:06 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

you re really the playboy of the board JJF

You too handsome devil.....

"I ain't no Hugh Hefner, Ronnie!!"
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood