ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you love me?...yes or no Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 7th, 2005 05:29 PM
Fiji Joe Yes...Yes...Yes
March 7th, 2005 05:30 PM
Bizarro JB I loves me some Fiji...
March 7th, 2005 05:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Bizarro JB wrote:
I loves me some Fiji...

i would love to have the old bizarro jb avatar back
March 7th, 2005 05:34 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i would love to have the old bizarro jb avatar back

It's dead...just like the real JB...what part don't you get?
March 7th, 2005 05:39 PM
Bizarro JB Fiji once wrote:

"So as I was passing the old folks home today...I heard one of the residents shouting at the top of his lungs..."Attica!...Attica!"...

I thought to myself...revolution?...at the Delmar Gardens Assisted Living Center?...Right on grandpa...power to the people...

Well...as I later learned...the old man was not shouting "Attica" at all...he was not inciting a revolt...as it turns out...he was shouting "sciatica...sciatica"...it seems the old man was in pain...

Armed with this new information...I again thought to myself...sciatica?...shut the fuck up old man...no one gives a damn about you"

An instant classic...and a serious contender for post of the year....dark, brooding, and magnificent on levels many of you will never understand...Fiji suffers...suffers for his posts...with posts like that, it there any wonder he becomes so angry with emoticon abusing, cut and pasting hacks?

March 7th, 2005 05:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It's dead...just like the real JB...what part don't you get?

My Joshy need not be idolized ;
Or enlarged at ' Shidobee ' beyond what he was at ' Rocks Off ' .
He IS to be remembered as a kind and decent man ;
A man who saw wrong and tried to right it ...
Saw suffering and tried to heal it ...
Saw War and tried to STOP it .

And those of us who loved him ** Young Joey's voice now cracking with visceral and heartfelt emotion *** ;
And who take him to his ' transition ' here today .
Know that what he was and what he stood for ;
Will someday come to pass for all the world .
As he said many times in many posts throughout the decades ;
" Some Men see message boards the way they are and say , ' Why ?!?! ' ..... ' WHY ?!?! ' .........
I dream of message boards that never were and say , ' WTF ?!?! ' !!!!!!!! "

I Thank You For Your time Today !

Scazz!

...cue chorus :

Has anybody here seen my old friend Joshy?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
I thought I saw him walk up over the hill,
With Joshy, Martin and John.

Baby Joe
March 7th, 2005 05:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot I dunno Feej.

I think this stuff is going over their heads.
March 7th, 2005 05:46 PM
gypsy no
March 7th, 2005 05:46 PM
Fiji Joe Well, the fact that many are participating in these "What's your" threads that we are bombarding the board with is causing me to think you may be right...perhaps the board is dying...are all the great ones on the Lotus Couch
March 7th, 2005 05:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
...are all the great ones on the Lotus Couch

***************** I HAVE A DREAM TODAY ***************

" I have a dream that one day this nation will still be able up to live out the true meaning of www.MaxLugar.com . I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood and be able to log onto www.MaxLugar.com . I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat , will be transformed into the oasis that is www.MaxLugar.com . I have a dream that all children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their postings on www.MaxLugar.com . I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama will be transformed into a situation where everyone will walk together as sisters and brothers and be able to post on www.MaxLugar.com . I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together over at www.MaxLugar.com . This is our hope. This is the faith with which JB may one day return to this Board . With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free to post at www.MaxLugar.com

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to post at www.MaxLugar.com with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring." And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true. So let www.MaxLugar.com ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let www.MaxLugar.com ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let www.MaxLugar.com ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let www.MaxLugar.com ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let www.MaxLugar.com ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let www.MaxLugar.com ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let www.MaxLugar.com ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let www.MaxLugar.com ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let www.MaxLugar.com ring.

When we let www.MaxLugar.com ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and post over at www.MaxLugar.com in the words of the spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

I Thank You ALL for Your Time Today !

MLJOEY !

[ Edited by Timothy Robbins ]

March 8th, 2005 08:34 AM
Bizarro JB Yikes...there it is again
March 8th, 2005 09:01 AM
Jair Hey there,
If you're a savory girl, you always have my chances with me.

[Edited by Jair]
March 8th, 2005 09:11 AM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:
Hey there,
If you're a savory girl, you alwais have my chances with me.
[Edited by Jair]

You mean the Grape hath won ?!?!?! ....... Say it isn't SO Otis !!!!!!
March 8th, 2005 09:29 AM
Fiji Joe Actually, for the record...I give a rat's ass what any of you think..but most of you already know that...

and yes Jair...I'm a savory female...very well endowed...and I hereby challenge Gypsy to a cat fight...I'm gonna snatch that bitch bald
March 8th, 2005 09:57 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
gypsy wrote:
no...but I LOVE this pic*

*Note: Addendum in Gypsy's quote made by Snappy McJack, on this 8th day of March, 2005

March 8th, 2005 09:58 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Actually, for the record...I give a rat's ass what any of you think..but most of you already know that...

and yes Jair...I'm a savory female...very well endowed...and I hereby challenge Gypsy to a cat fight...I'm gonna snatch that bitch bald

Fiji Rules, muthafuckas...
March 8th, 2005 10:04 AM
Joey " Actually, for the record...I give a rat's ass what any of you think..but most of you already know that... "

Strangely Fiji , I now feel connected to you again geographically .

" The Art of Guerrilla Warfare is not to win but rather it is to NOT LOSE ! " ( Ho Chi Minh to Lyndon Johnson , December , 1964 )

March 8th, 2005 10:07 AM
Fiji Joe Chiefs..no free agent signings...Carl Peterson...dumbfuck...Oh well, it could be worse...I could be stuck with the Dolphins

And right after Fiji...Snappy McJack is second in charge....muthafuckas
March 8th, 2005 10:14 AM
Joey
" Don't Get Caught in a Land War in Asia , there are too damn many of them ! " ( General Douglas McArthur to Lyndon Johnson on " MAC's " deathbed , Decemeber 1964 )

March 8th, 2005 10:17 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Don't Get Caught in a Land War in Asia , there are too damn many of them ! " ( General Douglas McArthur to Lyndon Johnson on " MAC's " deathbed , Decemeber 1964 )

The same can be said of Beatles fans
March 9th, 2005 08:17 AM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Actually, for the record...I give a rat's ass what any of you think..but most of you already know that...

You dirty dirty whore. This is precisely why the other girls and I won't allow you into our prestigious Rocks Off Chick Clique, or the © ROCC, as it's known around the internet.
March 9th, 2005 08:34 AM
Jair
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
(...)

whatha hell is a female very well endowed?

[Edited by Jair]
March 9th, 2005 09:04 AM
Fiji Joe It's true...females can be very well endowed...see above pic of Gypsy
March 9th, 2005 09:34 AM
Jair
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
It's true...females can be very well endowed...see above pic of Gypsy

Yeah, you right, those boobs are making me hungry.
She is very...looking good!
Do you know her?
Can you introduce us???

[Edited by Jair]
March 9th, 2005 09:53 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Jair wrote:

Yeah, you right, those boobs are making me hungry.
She is very...looking good!
Do you know her?
Can you introduce us???

[Edited by Jair]

Hey...I'm just a fan...I too admire from afar...Gypsy is way too high society to have anything to do with a guy like me...

BTW...Jair..did you used to post under the name Raging Goat?
March 9th, 2005 10:00 AM
Joey
************** TRIBUTE ******************

IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO TODAY FOLKS !!!!

In honor of ALL the SDI's around the world :

" You are such a Jackass ..................Dance like a Clown for Me ............... I said , DANCE !!! "

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! Oh , OK ! :

Gypsy , circa 2004 :

[ Edited by Tim Robbins ]
[Edited by Joey]
March 9th, 2005 10:18 AM
Starbuck joey!

the first one was ted kennedy's eulogy for robert.

the second one, shit, was that the gettysburg address?

lesser known, of course, but along the same lines was meriweather lewis's speech to the men in the winter of 1805 in the , when the hooch ran out: "i have a dram".
March 9th, 2005 11:01 AM
Joey
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
joey!

the first one was ted kennedy's eulogy for robert.

the second one, shit, was that the gettysburg address?

lesser known, of course, but along the same lines was meriweather lewis's speech to the men in the winter of 1805 in the , when the hooch ran out: "i have a dram".

Starbuck .....................are you getting U2 Tickets ?!?!

Omaha , NE is now officially on THE MAP ( Thanks to our brand spanking new , twenty - thousand seat , QWEST CENTER ARENA!!!!!! )

If U2 is coming to Omaha that means THE ROLLING STONES will return FOR SURE !

Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

JACKY ! ™

March 9th, 2005 11:37 AM
Jair
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

BTW...Jair..did you used to post under the name Raging Goat?

No, its not me >
March 9th, 2005 12:20 PM
Starbuck joey, the stones will never play omaha. hate to break it to you! they won't even play minneapolis any more, and we are WAY cooler than you are. we have soul asylum, man!

U2 on the other hand- i saw them on the achtung baby tour. a good show, but my seats were so high up i was sitting next to god. i think they've lost it, to be honest. the techno sound wasn't kind to them.

unforgettable fire through achtung baby was their big four. but they don't have much else to go on, if you get my drift.

however, bono did do the briss for my son. here is a picture of him and my grandfather after the ceremony:

Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood