ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The singles collection-sacd Return to archive
03-14-03 03:31 AM
woodywoodpecker Anybody got this set yet on sacd?

Would be very keen on getting a copy of sacd set, anyone trade for these? I do realise they are officials but I cant afford them.

Email me if you can help thanks

Woody
03-14-03 06:14 AM
riccardo Would be very keen on getting a copy of sacd set, anyone trade for these? I do realise they are officials but I cant afford them.

I have them, Woody.
03-14-03 09:40 AM
Lazy Bones I have it. I don't think you can burn the SACD layer, though. Perhaps someone can confirm this, but I thought the SACD technology consists of two layers. When reproducing, the SACD layer won't copy...(?)
03-14-03 02:30 PM
scope
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I have it. I don't think you can burn the SACD layer, though. Perhaps someone can confirm this, but I thought the SACD technology consists of two layers. When reproducing, the SACD layer won't copy...(?)

That is exactly what I have 'read' about the SACD layer, but I don't know of anyone who tried it to confirm. Could it just be a smoke screen? Hell, most folks (me included) don't even have the SACD set to hear it on the original issue, let alone the copy. But, having a few of these without the ability to play SACD, they are still quite good in quality and worth having even without the SACD layer.
03-14-03 02:46 PM
Egbert The SACD layer will not burn.
03-14-03 04:19 PM
woodywoodpecker Hi guys thanks for that. I' am aware of the fact that the hybrid cannot be copied but they sound fantastic evn without the player! So cd-r will do me fine.

LAZY BONES- How can I contact you??

Great Woody

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST