ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR OLYMPIA TICKETHOLDERS Return to archive
03-12-03 04:34 PM
Gazza Dont worry - the concert still goes ahead!!

however,for anyone holding tickets for the concert in July at L'Olympia in Paris, it seems that there has been a huge fuck up.

Unlike every other club show,tickets were actually sent out to customers for this concert by ticketnet. Now it seems this was a mistake and you have to RETURN your ticket and then turn up the day BEFORE the show (with your guest) to collect it again. I presume this is because they are afraid of the tickets falling into the hands of scalpers (which is obviously the reason why tickets HAVEN'T been posted out for the OTHER club shows! Duh!)

If you haven't received a letter yet, you probably will very soon informing you to do this.

Please see the thread below from IORR's "Tell Me" board on this subject

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=39615&t=39615
03-12-03 04:43 PM
Gazza I should add folks - that if youve already bought a ticket from a scalper,then unless you come to some arrangement with him to be his guest at the show then youre fucked
03-12-03 05:05 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks for the info, Gazza! This confirms the e-mail I got today from Ticketnet.fr asking me to return the tickets - by registered mail, mark you. I guess there has been some harsh words directed at Ticketnet.fr from high on in the RS management!
03-13-03 02:04 PM
Monkey Woman I'm forwarding here this message posted today by Jumpinjackflash59 at Shidoobee:

Olympia and Ticketnet Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just called ticketnet this morning. A nice girl (near the nervous breakdown, you know, the boss make a mistake and the subordinate pay the bill) told me that we had to keep the tickets. They stopped sending mails yesterday when they realized it was stupid. It's the reason why some people received it and others (inculding me) didn't.
They try to find another solution.
So just wait for further intructions from ticketnet, and don't send your tickets back.
I imagine we'll received a letter asking us to pick up a wrisband before the show (and using our tickets as vouchers), it seems so simple...to simple for ticketnet!
03-14-03 12:14 PM
Monkey Woman UPDATE:

Today, I decided to phone Ticketnet.fr to check for myself what was going on. They were sorry for the confusion (!) and gave assurance that:

1) People who regularly bought the tix from them WILL BE ABLE TO GO TO THE OLYMPIA SHOW, as things have been straightened between the production and Ticketnet.fr

2) We DON'T NEED TO SEND THE TICKETS BACK! The alarming e-mail was a mistake.

3) Ticketholders will have to TURN UP AT THE OLYMPIA SHORTLY BEFORE THE SHOW TO COLLECT A WRISTBAND.

Don't send those tickets back!!! Keep them and wait for the wristband-routine notice! And pray that next tour, they use another company to sell the tickets...
03-14-03 12:17 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat F*ck, this is gonna cost me another 10 years of my life....

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST