ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones and the impending war Return to archive
03-12-03 10:01 AM
SERGEI If the war breaks out the asian leg of the tour will come to a stop and be rescheduled for later in the year.
03-12-03 10:04 AM
Scot Rocks Yeah, true I guess they could become targets as symbals of the west, still a bit surprising though. Just keep them wrapped in cotton wool for europe!!!!

Cheers

Mark
03-12-03 10:09 AM
SERGEI I've been informed its not for safety reasons but they don't wanna be seen not to care about britsh and american soldiers being killed.
03-12-03 10:20 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
If the war breaks out the asian leg of the tour will come to a stop and be rescheduled for later in the year.

This sounds reasonable, but where does it come from? A source close to the band or just rumor?
03-12-03 10:21 AM
SERGEI Very close to the band
03-12-03 10:27 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

This sounds reasonable, but where does it come from? A source close to the band or just rumor?

MW, we can believe SERGEI
03-12-03 10:34 AM
voodoopug if sergei says it, it is pretty much gospel. The guy does not bullsh*t us.

Thanks for the update Sergei
03-12-03 10:58 AM
Riffhard Thanks Sergie. Yeah,if Sergie says it it's true for sure.

Well,I guess it's a safe bet that there will be some pissed off Asians soon. Let's hope that the war gets resolved in time for them to tour by years end.

Riffhard
03-12-03 12:24 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems If Keith led the march on Baghdad the Republican Guard would flee in terror.
03-12-03 03:35 PM
Gazza I'd well believe what Sergei says to be valid and would hardly be surprised. However,theyve only got a few more weeks there. must admit to having been wary when I heard they were playing India and Singapore especially
03-12-03 05:15 PM
SERGEI Put it like this, they are refusing to sign the contract with the plane hire company because they don't wanna commit to a contract when they think they're not going to need it because they'll be comin home.
03-12-03 08:30 PM
quackenbush If they have to stop touring because of the war, they will
have time to work on some more tracks for that album they
have promised. Selfish bastard that I am, I would rather have them put a hold on their tour to finish the album. I need my fix.
03-12-03 08:46 PM
Gazza if they were scheduled to have played in Philadelphia in the next couple of weeks and you had tickets, would you feel the same however? LOL
03-13-03 05:12 PM
quackenbush No, that is why I called myself a selfish bastard.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST