ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do Charlie and Ron have nicknames? Return to archive
03-12-03 04:49 AM
F505 Mick - Rubber Lips
Keith - The Human Riff
Both: The Glimmer Twins
Ron - ??
Charlie - ??

Anyone suggestions?
03-12-03 08:37 AM
Madafaka Mick introduced Charlie in Buenos Aires like "El tranquilo" Charlie Watts. In spanish that means a "calm person".
Calm Watts could be a nice nickname, or not?
03-12-03 11:14 AM
erikjjf Woody?
03-12-03 11:19 AM
Mother baby
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
"El tranquilo"

..That Mick sure has a way with words . After reading that interview with Charlie I couldn't have said it better myself. He's brought the "concept of cool" to another level. The Rolling Stones....well I guess they don't make em any cooler than that. And if they do I must be missing something.
[Edited by Mother baby]
03-12-03 12:03 PM
Martha What I know....

<----------------he LOVES Charlie Watts!

How can I tell?

Well.........for instance:

Keef bows over and over again to Charlie at each show during Charlie's introduction....

Keef full on hugged Charlie for a good 20 seconds or more on the B-stage when they finished the set at the Staples Center benefit concert (really sweet brough tears to my eyes..I was 50 feet away!!!)....

Keef made Charlie laugh uncontrollably at the Cleveland show mid-way into CYHMK...(I still wish I knew what Keef said or did to get him in stitches like he did, it is a moment I'll always remember and cherish)......

So hell.....That's all I need to know!!!!!

Besides everyone knows Charlie is the coolest of the cool...Only Bob Dylan is cooler and only marginally so!

03-12-03 12:37 PM
Scottfree Ron 1983-2001 - Mr. Doolittle
Ron 1978-1982, 2002-2003 Ronnie
03-12-03 01:30 PM
littleredrooster Charlie = 'Binky'
Ron = 'Doo'
03-12-03 02:07 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Mick introduced Charlie in Buenos Aires like "El tranquilo" Charlie Watts. In spanish that means a "calm person".
Calm Watts could be a nice nickname, or not?

Here in Brazil Mick introduced Charlie as "O tranquilo" Charlie Watts. O = El = The
About Ronnnie, in 1998, due to that explosion on the boat in a private island on Angra dos Reis, Rio de Janeiro, Mick introduced Ronnie as "O sobrevivente do fogo, Ronnie Wood".
O = the
sobrevivente = survivor
do = of
fogo = fire

I know these aren't any kind of nicknames. Just for curiosity.....
Keep rockin' friends!
03-12-03 03:32 PM
Gazza Charlie has often been referred to as "The Silent Stone" or "Stoneface"

Ronnie's "lovable geezer" type image long ago saw him dubbed "Honest Ron" by the UK music press (when Q mentioned it to him about 15 years ago he retorted "Honest Ron? what the fuck is THAT all about?")- didnt Keith call him "The Holy Host" on occasion because hes always at the centre of a party?
03-12-03 04:02 PM
oska 'basher watts', was introduced on 'striped' album by mick and keith.
03-12-03 05:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man He has also been dubed the "Wembley Wammer" by Jagger in concerts

Alex
03-12-03 05:45 PM
Gazza yep...specifically at Wembley stadium in august 1990 (the intro was later used in the "At The Max" movie..)
03-13-03 03:59 AM
F505 And of course
Bill=the silent Stone
03-13-03 04:27 AM
fmk438j 'Ronnie..."Mungo Man"...Wood'

Mick's intro at one of the Sydney shows this year.

Not a keeper, obviously.
03-13-03 05:14 AM
luxury1 I loved when Mick introduced Charlie once (cant remember where or when,but in the last ten years) as Charlie Basher Watts.
03-13-03 06:10 AM
F505 In the Stripped video Charlie syas: "I play the drums for Mick and Keith." Next moment Keith calls him "Old Basher Watts" (Mick repeats it) just before they start playing Love in Vain (a brilliant version!)
03-13-03 05:20 PM
voodoopug the rock and roll rooster ronnie wood!
stark raving bonkers ronnie wood
slightly mad ronnie wood
on cigarette, Ronnie Wood
03-13-03 08:04 PM
phil jagger when i saw them on the no security tour in minneapolis mick introduced charlie as charlie "boom boom" watts
03-13-03 08:16 PM
Mother baby What about Stu? Chairman of the board? or something like that?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST