ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BLACK & BLUE Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-11-03 09:53 PM
Daethgod i would love a copy !

i can burn, if that helps anyone ...

03-12-03 12:59 AM
Martha I have a lot of trade items but haven't been able to compile my list yet. Can you work with me?
03-12-03 05:47 AM
stonedinaustralia those that know know it is the equal of any of their others and, yes, it is the most chibalicious...

b&b came out the same time i started getting into pot and reggae so the timing (and the music) was perfect - also the same time i went from stones fan to fanatic... a coincidence you say...well... i don't think so...

“hot stuff” is not “disco” - then not reggae either or straight funk - true stones magic - a mix of influences greater than the sum of its parts (cf. tumblin’ dice (sic.)) - and the guitar solo always makes you wonder what would have happened if wayne perkins had got the gig

keith’s bob marley t- shirt was a key (and hear cherry o baby) - also the credits and seeing that not only did he do those backing vox on MM but it’s his piano as well...and let’s not forget the picture on the cover..

the “family relationship in song” aspect of FTC has always jarred but I’ve never had a problem overlooking that and just taking the sound for what it’s worth - which is plenty – philly soul wasn’t “hip”* then - ‘tho despite the hipousie it was still a hit – it was the sound of the ‘70’s as much as the sex pistols) – I mean, I love all that wah- wah pedal stuff – makes me feel for jimi hendrix

and the mix is the antithesis of exile but in its own way just as epic - no nellcote chaos (thanx Arif!!) – but a sound as clear and precise as that cover picture… it’s all there in the cold light of day…now that’s what I call punk rock…a naked lunch right there on the fork… as it was…

and "crazy mama" is just that

black & blue… it’s as funky as fuck…(excuse my spanish – como se llama!!)

and the B-B connection. ..buttons, beggars, black & blue, bridges – what’s up with this stuff??
03-12-03 10:07 AM
nankerphelge Did you say llama?

Oh those eyes!!
03-12-03 05:56 PM
exile No way SIA
the b & b connection
I never noticed that ha ha
03-13-03 04:31 AM
gypsymofo60 Yes SIA it was the album that turned me into "fan..ATIC" too. What really got me, and still does were the four promo clips Ian Meldrum dedicated half,(unprecedented),of his beloved 'Countdown'to that Sunday Night in early '76....I still think those clips are the pinnacle where the music video is concerned. For mine, you can keep your 'Bohemian Rhapsody',(as good as that is), I'll take 'Hot Stuff', and 'Hey Negrita' any day......For any Black & Blue apostles, 'Rags To Excess' is a must......"you better get those fucking monitors together man!"
03-13-03 06:10 AM
woodywoodpecker Gypsy I think I heard you speak of this once before LOL!
And I also know how passionate you are to B&B me too!

SIA- I dont quite get ya? What would happen if perkins got the gig?? Not as much as what woody has offered thats for sure!

ONE OF THE BEST GOD DAMN STONES ALBUMS EVER!
03-13-03 06:21 AM
gypsymofo60 Yes Woody! when did I mention that?.....LOL..and as we were saying, I still think your namesake had alot to do with how that album panned out.....Hey Negrita, bit more than "INSPIRATION" I think.
03-13-03 06:28 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:

SIA- I dont quite get ya? What would happen if perkins got the gig?? Not as much as what woody has offered thats for sure!

all i'm saying woody is, going by "hot stuff", perkins would have made quite a contribution to the bands sound if he'd ogot the job

and that comment is not meant to be critical of woody at all -
03-13-03 06:34 AM
gypsymofo60 OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! nine hundred- and forty nine posts?..I need to get a life beyond The Rolling Stones for awhile. What with 'Rocks Off', boots, The OZ tour, now I've got 949 posts against my name. I know that's nothing in comparrison to others, but I don't even work with computers. And now I'm talking to myself on the net?...that's like talking to myself on two way RADEEEEOH, but will all mah dreams come true?.....rubber room time!
03-13-03 11:57 AM
100 Years Ago “hot stuff” is not “disco” - then not reggae either or straight funk - true stones magic - a mix of influences greater than the sum of its parts (cf. tumblin’ dice (sic.)) - and the guitar solo always makes you wonder what would have happened if wayne perkins had got the gig

perkins laid down a truly Tayloresque solo in Hand of Fate, but the stinging Hot Stuff solo was Harvey Mandel's handiwork
03-13-03 04:07 PM
stonedinaustralia yes indeed 100YA you are correct - my mistake - apologies -

perkins also did the elec. guitar on FTC - and mandel on MM
03-13-03 04:08 PM
woodywoodpecker [quote]gypsymofo60 wrote:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! nine hundred- and forty nine posts?..

HaHa- Where you are? Gypsy you are a Rocks off posting MUNGER LOL.
03-13-03 08:11 PM
nankerphelge Perkins was all over Hand of Fate and man was it GOOOOOD
He is also hidden away in Worried About You on Tattoo You!

But Ronnie is a better Stone.
03-14-03 11:47 AM
100 Years Ago Perkins was all over Hand of Fate and man was it GOOOOOD
He is also hidden away in Worried About You on Tattoo You!

is that his solo on Worried or did they overdub Woody?
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST