ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger comments on '02 Paris tracks Return to archive
03-10-03 02:58 PM
100 Years Ago sounds like good news for the future of those tracks the Stones recorded, got this off Shidoobee:

Though it focuses on the past, the two-disc set 40 Licks, which includes ``Don't Stop'' and three other brand-new tracks the band recorded with producer Don Was, hints at things to come.

``When we were in Paris doing those four songs, we recorded a lot of other tunes as well,'' Jagger explains. ``We hope to go and finish those off and do some more. We haven't actually said when, but that's our intention.''

03-10-03 06:56 PM
full moon Can't wait...........
03-11-03 09:48 AM
egon i can!
03-11-03 10:38 AM
steel driving hammer The waiting is the hardest part...

Strange it's not being let out via bootleg like Voodoo Stew, Brew and Residue.

I'd love to hear the unfinished versions, sometimes their better than whats on the albums.
03-11-03 11:02 AM
100 Years Ago I'd love to hear the unfinished versions, sometimes their better than whats on the albums.

that's so true, especially in the last couple of decades (ER, VL, DW outtakes and alt versions come to mind)

03-11-03 11:25 AM
T&A "that's our intention."

I wouldn't hold your breath on this. Intentions have a way of "slipping away" with these lads.
03-11-03 02:13 PM
sammy davis jr. No shite- It'll take a long time to count and spend the money made off of the Licks tour....then it'll be 2007 or so. Look for these tracks to show up in about 2010.
03-11-03 05:20 PM
Gazza I dont think they'll ever release them. I cant see them devoting several weeks in the middle of a two year tour to finish tracks for an album that would probably not be released until after the tour's over (not good comemrcial sense) - and by the end of the world tour,they'll probably not be in the mood to be arsed recording either

28 songs recorded over a period of just two weeks - Im sure most of them are very basic and were just ran through a couple of times. they probably spent about half of the session working on the songs they knew were gonna be shortlisted for 40 Licks
03-11-03 05:29 PM
steel driving hammer Gazza, my step sister will visit Ireland at the end of this month!

Will you show her around and 'break her in' Stones style?

She's too much of a Mummy's girl and needs to be broken in.

Show her what it's all about for me would ja?

Thanks.

If your serious, let me know...
03-11-03 05:59 PM
gotdablouse wow....sounds like he's really interested in these tracks, eh! I agree with Gazza, if they couldn't be bothered to come up with a new album before the tour they won't after...

When did he say that by the way?
03-11-03 08:33 PM
100 Years Ago When did he say that by the way?

the quote from a story before the Budakon gig, so japan i'd imagine, seemed like a new interview, the whole article is here on Rocks off... http://novogate.com/board/968/145113-1.html

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST