ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Holland is (getting) ready !! Return to archive
03-10-03 03:31 AM
albert Yesterday (sunday) the stones meeting (organised by Stones People Magazine) at Stairway To Heaven in Utrecht was great!!
I thought I was there early (13.30 hrs) but some couple of hundreds (!!) already beat me to it. (I guess the whole party was attended by five hundred people or something ??!!)
Already drinking and enjoying the HBO video on big screens and televisons systems that early in the afternoon.
By 14.30 the (The Hague) cover band The Strolling Rones hit the stage and played a good first set. Returning after a break their second set almost brought the crowd in the mood of a real concert. Dancing, drinking and singing. The band did a real fine job and managed to play (beside covers of the 'warhorses') Time Waits For No One, Winter, Sway and were allowed to play real encores and ending their gig with a rocking Midnight Rambler.

If this is a first sign for what Vreedenburg - Utrecht has coming on the 16th august it's gonna be a killer show !! The Stones get to see their first stage-divers, crowdsurfers etc. etc. ????? Or am I getting carried away with enthusiasm ???? We'll see.......but all together: Holland is (getting) ready!!!

The organisation has pre-announced a 'general rehearsal'on the 22 th of june: same place......same band.

see you there,

gr,
Albert
Holland
03-10-03 05:29 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat 154 days to go before the first show in Holland....
03-10-03 10:02 AM
albert well what can a poor boy do.......just wait and wait and keep in contact with the tour by the internet!!!

03-10-03 10:32 AM
nankerphelge "Getting" ready?
You guys are fuckin' killing me!

From my vantage point, your country is in a continual state of readiness!

Chiba is legal!
Prostitution is legal!
Heineken is brewed there!
And y'all love the Stones!

For god's sake, what more can you do to prepare for a Stones show???

03-10-03 11:10 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Yeah, we should call tis StonesLand!!!!!!!!!1
03-10-03 04:06 PM
jb The war my change all your plans....
03-10-03 04:23 PM
F505 Chiba is legal!
Prostitution is legal!
Heineken is brewed there!
And y'all love the Stones!

Only point four makes sense
03-10-03 10:57 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
albert wrote:
The Stones get to see their first stage-divers, crowdsurfers etc. etc. ????? Or am I getting carried away with enthusiasm ???? We'll see.......but all together: Holland is (getting) ready!!!

The organisation has pre-announced a 'general rehearsal'on the 22 th of june: same place......same band.

Uhm...no. Stage-diving and crowd-surfing have been prohibited here in Holland actually since 2 or 3 years!
They have these kinda signs on festivals for example:

See, we can get chiba and prostitutes without being arrested, we can do almost anything, except crowd-surfing, lol.

And it's not yet certain if that band will be there on the 22nd too. There's another candidate too.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
03-11-03 01:27 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
And it's not yet certain if that band will be there on the 22nd too. There's another candidate too.

Thank God...
03-11-03 03:41 AM
albert What's wrong with the Strolling Rones, or does Flip The Switch want to give it a try???

Albert
03-11-03 08:40 PM
Angiegirl Yes they do. But nothing's certain yet. We'll see which band comes on the 22nd.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST