ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NO Stones in Cuba Return to archive
03-07-03 07:55 PM
Mathijs I don´t beileve it: I am travelling now for almost two weeks in Cuba, and I haven´t heard ONE Stones song yet!! In fact, 99% of the Cubans don´t even know the Stones!!

So, there´s alot of preaching to do for the rest of my vacation.

Mathijs
03-07-03 09:03 PM
Madafaka Man, 99% Cuba don't know another music style than Mambo.
I'm now in Brazil (North East)spending my holydays, and here rock and roll isn't the most heared music. Here, people hear Axe or Forro, no Stones.
Sad but true!
03-07-03 09:06 PM
steel driving hammer LOL, cheers.
03-07-03 10:06 PM
Angiegirl Preach away Mr. Flip!! And have a great vacation.
03-08-03 12:12 AM
fmk438j I'm suprised they even have computers there.

Or is the one you used to post a 1950's supercomputer?
03-08-03 12:13 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Man, 99% Cuba don't know another music style than Mambo.
I'm now in Brazil (North East)spending my holydays, and here rock and roll isn't the most heared music. Here, people hear Axe or Forro, no Stones.
Sad but true!

MADAFAKA, YOU ARE REAL MOTHERFUCKER, YOU SICK, FUCKIN' BASTARD, BLOW UP YOUR ASS, COCK SMOCKER, SON OF A BITCH...................................... TAKE A LOOK WHERE ARE YOU AT(NORTH EAST IN BRASIL, THE CITY, NATAL) FORGET ABOUT IT MAN............................... AND WHAT ABOUT SÃO PAULO(CAPITAL CITY), RIO DE JANEIRO(CAPITAL CITY), PORTO ALEGRE(CAPITAL CITY), MAN, DON'T TELL THINGS LIKE THIS HERE ON THE BOARD........ YOU'RE ONE OF MY BEST CIBERNETIC FRIENDS, BUT PLEASE, RESPECT ME, RESPECT ME MAX, YOU'RE GREAT, SO, KEEP THIS WAY! DON'T FORGET MAN, I REALLY LIKE YOUR POSTS, BUT PLEASE, YOU ALWAYS SAY THINGS LIKE THIS..........
You don't know nothing about São Paulo (one of the 5 biggest cities in the world). Here in São Paulo, you will find Rockers in any block, in any Bus Station..........
Fella, sorry some "ugly" words which I used, but you really pissed me off........ Man, I know that Argentina, mainly Buenos Aires is one of the places full of Rolling Stones fan, but man, you don't need to say those things..................... I hate this kind of joke............
I hope you're alright!
03-08-03 12:37 AM
J.J.Flash Madafaka, about your vacations here, what you've done?
03-08-03 12:45 AM
J.J.Flash I hope you don't misunderstand me Madafaka, because you started it!
03-09-03 08:48 AM
Madafaka Juajajajaja! You are an angry guy JJFlash! Take it easy man! I was talking about Natal! I didn't say nothing about Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro... Do you know Natal? Here is 100% Axe! 0% Rolling Stones. Jajaja. You make me laugh.
Is nothing personal man, it's only my opinion!
I've tell you, I really LOVE your country. Keep the calm.

Mais uma Brahma!

Byez!
03-09-03 09:28 AM
J.J.Flash At least you drink my favorite blend of beer BRAHMA! VAi uma Brahma ai!!! Take a look at the TV and see São Paulo Futebol Clube, my soccer team! See ya! About me as a angry guy, you're right!
03-09-03 10:23 PM
glencar Why would anyone "vacation" in Cuba? What a dump.
03-10-03 05:16 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hey Mathijs,

Nice to hear something from Cuba! Good luck preaching the Stones!
03-10-03 06:54 AM
fmk438j
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why would anyone "vacation" in Cuba? What a dump.

I think Cuba would be a great place to go.

Where would you like? Vegas?
03-10-03 09:22 AM
Madafaka No, no, no! My favourite soccer brazilian club is Flamengo!

And my favourite of Sao Paulo is Palmeiras... Juajajajaja! No man, just kidding
03-10-03 09:59 AM
jb Please buy me some cigars.....I'll trade you the "definitive " brussels for a good puff!
03-10-03 03:06 PM
Mathijs glencar wrote:
Why would anyone "vacation" in Cuba? What a dump.

Well Mr. Glencar, I would advice you to take your ass out of your red neck city and look any further than the next barn. Cuba is a totally sophisticated, modern, open and welcome country, with very sweet, gentle and proud people. I have travelled Latin America, I have lived in Guinea, Western Africa and the Middle East (Israel, Libanon and Syria) for two years, and I can tell you this: This is the nicest country of all of the above. It is really too bad the US doesn't accept the fact that the Cuban people choose to be indepenadant of the US, and is still holding on to a childish and irrelevant embargo, instaed of helping Cuba give back what the US stole of Cuba (like Holland, France and Begium have done with their old colonies).

But this all is probably too far fetched for you one track, blurry mind. Go spend your dollars in Vegas.

Mathijs
03-10-03 03:22 PM
telecaster Mathijs: I see you are back to your anti-US rantings again. You stopped your anti-US propoganda on IORR and I see you would like to start it up here.

Mathijs says: "It is really too bad the US doesn't accept the fact that the Cuban people choose to be indepenadant of the US"

Hey Mr. WorldtravelerEuroSnob-NEWSFLASH-the Cuban people don't choose anything. Castro does.

Modern? If you call a 1956 Ford modern I guess you are correct

03-10-03 03:52 PM
jb What about my cigars mathjis? Your less than 90 miles away!!!
03-10-03 03:56 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
What about my cigars mathjis? Your less than 90 miles away!!!

Maybe he could ride over to Miami on an intertube the way the free and "modern" Cubans do
03-10-03 03:58 PM
jb And visit the Eilan museum we have in little havanna.
[Edited by jb]
03-12-03 04:51 PM
Mathijs Please note: I am not "back" to my US rantings again. I indeed disagree with the way the US society is structured, and I do not find myself comfortable with many US social morals and ethics like the right to bear arms, the death penalty, the social system, the racial problems etc. But, this is most probably just like you disagrea with the fact that soft drugs and prostitues are legal in Holland. In my opinion, these Stones boards are not the place to discuss this, and therefore I wasn't ranting and will not rant.

Mathijs
03-12-03 04:57 PM
Gazza Everybody I've ever known who's gone to Cuba on a holiday has really liked it

Third world country - sure, but apparently that hasnt stopped them having a lot of fun in it - nor should it.
03-12-03 05:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Everybody I've ever known who's gone to Cuba on a holiday has really liked it

Third world country - sure, but apparently that hasnt stopped them having a lot of fun in it - nor should it.

I am sure Cuba is beautiful and the people are great
03-12-03 08:48 PM
glencar First off, Mathizz, I live in the NYC metro area. Not all that many barns here. Second, I too have traveled the world but I generally avoid the 3rd world hellholes. Hey, you seem to like them so I guess it's fine. I prefer freedom, clean water & the like. Cuba offers none of that. Hell, you make little goofy comments about Las Vegas but at least it's safe, clean & free.
03-12-03 08:51 PM
glencar Oh and Mathjis, you actually did go into another anti-American rant. Your lack of knowledge about history speaks of your bloated ignorance. You called me a redneck but you know little about Cuba's history if you think the US "stole" from Cuba all those years. I guess ignorance is bliss. Glad to hear how happy you were there in Cuba.
03-13-03 06:30 AM
Mathijs A little history: In 1958, 90% of Cuban's industry, assets, intertainment industry and so on were in American (read Wall Street) hands. Cuban was simply colonized by the US, just as Holland had colonized Surinam and Indonesia. When the latter two called for indepencency Holland moved out, and has been paying reconstruction payments yearly. When Cuba called for independancy, the US simply punished Cuba, and inderectly is responsible for Cuban's move to the Soviets. But, we don't have to argue that Castro's grip is dictator-like since the earlay 80's, and that he should be pushed aside.

But what's to reason to have an embargo on Cuban? What's the threat to the USA? What does the US have to fear in order to put 11 million people into poverty? Is that Western wisdom and civilization?

Mathijs
03-13-03 06:56 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Is that Western wisdom and civilization?

Yes that is the western wisdom, already from the Dark ages on!

we have forgotten that we ripped everything from Asia and the other old cultures!

03-13-03 07:12 AM
F505 Mathijs wrote:
just as Holland had colonized Surinam and Indonesia. When the latter two called for indepencency Holland moved out, and has been paying reconstruction payments yearly.

Don't be too proud on that. Especially Surinam is still a very poor country with loads of prospectless youngsters who go in exile in the Bijlmer ghetto near Amsterdam. And ask the Moluccan people how glad they are the Dutch withdrew from Indonesia and left them behind in the shit. That soft drugs and prostitues are legal in Holland also has its bad sides. It's a shame the tourists in Amsterdam only seemed to be interested in whores and coffeeshops.
Criticize who you want but stop idealizing Holland. Or have a little self-critic.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST