ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

One month ago! Enmore Theatre – Sydney February 18, 2003
By Masoudi

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: wow, what a super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Part 1 aka Donīt stop lickin' Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
02-06-03 10:19 PM
LadyJane There have been some deletions, I see.

Now I have to leave for Vegas without seeing today's photo!!

I'm so sad!!

LadyJ.

Throbby, are you out there???
02-06-03 10:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It was my mistake, sorry.
02-06-03 10:53 PM
throbby I'd like to take a moment to thank Harold Colson and his Stoneslib site from whence most of the photos on this thread have been found. Very informative. Thank you Stoneslib.

www.stoneslib.homestead.com

02-06-03 11:06 PM
LadyJane Now I can go to bed. Make that go to bed happy!!

I KNOW I will have very pleasant dreams!!

RE the Latest Pic--NO WORDS!!!!!!!

Thank you Throbby! You're a class act!!

LadyJ.
02-07-03 12:00 AM
parmeda oh....

my....

God.....

I'm speechless...yeah, as rare as that might seem, LOL.
What in the hell could possibly top this last picture?
Oh, but Throbby...please, don't allow my words to discourage you from trying!
02-07-03 08:37 AM
gypsy Mick is packin'!
02-07-03 10:42 AM
LadyJane Leaving for the airport!! Off to Vegas we go!

Parmy, Lux, Gypsy and Miss U--I'm counting on you gals and Throbby to keep this thread going!!

I suspect upon my return I'll be going through major Stones withdrawal and will need to see some photos to soothe my pain!!!

If I can I'll check in from Sin City. If not, look for my report on Monday morning!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

LadyJ.

02-07-03 06:25 PM
gypsy Hope you have a great time, LadyJ. I'm sure you will. Can't wait to read about your weekend!
02-08-03 11:49 PM
parmeda um....Throbby?

LadyJ...it's Saturday night and I hope you're rockin' your ass off girl! Can't wait to her all of the details...
02-09-03 12:37 PM
throbby with compliments to stoneslib

02-09-03 01:49 PM
luxury1 I still have this issue of Rolling Stone (the one at the bottom of throbby's post). It has weathered so nicely. I use to stare holes in the damn thing. And I am such a retard that I have it in the nightstand next to my pillow--along with all the other coveted magazine covers.
02-09-03 01:51 PM
gypsy Ha. Lux, I have the 1971 Rolling Stone issue with Keith on the cover, plus several more magazines w/ Keith covers...all conveniently in a trunk close to my bed. So, no, you're not a retard. It's normal...I think.
02-09-03 02:55 PM
parmeda um...ladies (or should I say, 'fellow retards', LOL...)
I am not ashamed to say that I have 2 mounted photos in my bedroom, my side of the room of course...one of Mick and the other of the group, that blend in very well with the Victorian atmosphere.
02-09-03 03:33 PM
luxury1 Good, I am not alone.
02-09-03 03:58 PM
gypsy I've also been carrying Keith's Proust Questionnaire in my purse for weeks...
02-09-03 04:23 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Man... you ignore a thread for awhile and when you come back, it's all the pretty ladies, carrying their babies...
we'll make 'em feel in jest, flashin, dashin', cashin' in their chips way before time...

Well, if they only knew it, boy,
It's just another Hollywood Saturday night!

(Man, in those '75 pictures, Keith looks half-Oriental/half-stoned, and Mick looks like he'd get passes made at him on both sides of the fence if he went into a bar like that. Ronnie looks about fifteen.)

That kinda serpantine stage in '72 coupled with the guys and the lighting makes 'em look so evil. The "We are Satan's little helpers and we're here to blow you away" kinda guys.

If only I'd seen 'em then... as a result, I have but bootlegs.

Great bootlegs, but bootlegs ne'ertheless.

You may continue your feminine oogling of The Glimmer Twins now.

-tSYX --- I just thought that I ought to call and tell you that things out here in Hollywood ain't too normal...
02-09-03 05:16 PM
Boomhauer Man..................what a lame Super Bowl.
02-09-03 05:32 PM
throbby Super Bowl yes, this thread no.
02-09-03 05:43 PM
throbby Speaking of old magazines, remember these?

[Edited by throbby]
02-09-03 07:14 PM
Miss U. Makin me Cream my....
02-09-03 07:39 PM
parmeda Damn you, Brenda...ya beat me to it! LOL!!!

(You know, this is definately giving our ages away. That's ok...this is a lovely flashback Throbby )

And Xyzzy...see what you have missed? There's plenty of time and an ample supply of "stuff" for you to try and catch-up with.

Man, talk about a culture and it's following...
02-09-03 09:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy My God... is that *Keith* on the last cover?

Whoa!

-tSYX --- Woncha be my little baby for awhile...
02-09-03 10:10 PM
throbby The last photo I believe was taken at one of the theatre shows in '78. Below is another one I think from the same show.

Mick's reaction upon seeing a then very young female member of RO.
02-10-03 01:13 AM
LadyJane Hello Boys and Girls!!

I'm just in from the airport and so happy to see you've kept this wonderful thread going!!

Haven't slept much and my entire body is aching from all the walking and the PARTYING!!!

The show was excellent!! 5th row center right next to the catwalk!! I actually thought about all of you as I was 20 feet from Mick, Keith and the boys!

Full report to follow! Oh my, I'm getting dizzy. I better go to bed. Won't be up too early tomorrow!!

LadyJ.
PS OMG. I had most of those issues of Cream mag. I think they are still in my Parent's Attic! What memories!! Thank you all for making a bummer night much brighter!!

PSS I'm so bleary I spelled Creem wrong. Right now, I'm the girl with far away eyes!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
02-10-03 05:17 AM
luxury1 Ha--LJ, you are so funny! Now dont go sleeping the day away, some of us are up and ready for some Vegas news. (Glad you made a safe trip home--but aint it so sad when it's all over--and you have to unpack all those clothes you brought for a 10-day stay?!)
Man, I loved Creem magazine. It was trashy. And the shot of Mick hugging Keith from behind? What has happened to those two--they do really need to start writing songs together again, instead of just bringing their own separate "shit" (not really, I just am at a loss for the word), to the table.
ANd Young Savage ONe--I bet you woulda fit right in to the 70's scene, and been one of those playing both sides of the fence. It did rub off on alot of the hetero guys, and they are now better men for it!!!!
02-10-03 11:22 AM
parmeda LadyJ...stop hitting the damn snooze-button!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!

02-10-03 11:54 AM
throbby From a very informative site. Thank you Nico Zentgraf.

www.nzentgraf.de/
02-10-03 12:26 PM
LadyJane Okay, Okay, I'm up, well, sort of.... We had an incredible time!! Las Vegas is amazing! 48 hours was a tease. When we weren't with the Fan Club, we were trying to take in everything that we could. Bellagio fountains were amazing!
Didn't win anything, of course, but I finally found a slot machine that I liked. It was a Chicago theme (picked it because of my new friend Parmy!) I played with its money. Broke even, but had fun!!

On to the good stuff--Met some really cool people from RS.COM Fan Club. Most of them post on their board. (Nobody from Rocks Off, though ) Met a couple from Seattle who were at their 21st show of the Licks Tour. They are also going to Australia and Paris. ! I'm a lightweight compared to these people.

Biggest disappointment--Sound check was cancelled !Reason-the band weren't staying in Vegas and their "plane was delayed". Total lie. I later found out that there was no Sound Check scheduled. I thought our group was going to revolt!! Shouts of "This sucks" and "Class action lawsuit" were loudly heard. I, of course, just started crying.

So here is this group of 110 people at 3:30 in the afternoon at the MGM expecting to see the band warm up. Consolation prize--Q & A session with Jake Berry, tour director, and tour of the stage. I must say, it was very cool! . We were told (on Friday night) not to bring cameras under any circumstances, but that didn't stop me!! The fan club people are saying "Please take as many pictures as you want." Angry crowd replying "You told us not to bring cameras!!" At that point, (you guys would have been so proud), I look at everyone and say, "And you listened?" and proceeded to reach into my cleavage and whip out a disposable camera!! It pays to have a large bust!! LOL.

I thought my Hubby was going to cry when we were taken past the guitars. This was a real thrill for him. Separate cases for Daryl, Mick, Ronnie and Keith. I had to touch Keith's new pink and silver tele. I was told promptly "Hands off". The crew was very cool and I took tons of pics. Being on the stage was unbelievable. Charlies's drums up close!! Felt like I was at a Shrine!! Strutted down the catwalk ala Mick. The group, at this point, now knows I am crazy!! The catwalk is very narrow. I would be scared to run down that thing with hundreds of people grabbing at me! B-stage was cool and then it was down to check out the soundboard. Again the crew was very cool and didn't hesitate to answer questions and let us look around!!

Biggest thrill--Our seats!! Originally we were supposed to be in MGM VIP seating at the side of the stage. However, someone cancelled and we ended up 5th row, seats 3 and 4 next to the catwalk!! I'm gonna post my review on the "MGM review" thread. The show was awesome!! Keith made the comment "This is our last show is the U. S. of A, but we'll be back". Brought down the house!!

As another "consolation prize" we were allowed access to the VIP area prior to the show. NOT BACKSTAGE, but very cool. No celebrity sightings. Well, with the exception of myself and my Husband LOL. One last note before I go take some more pain medication--There was no smoking in the VIP area. Hubby heads out to General Admit area where he spots Bernard Fowler and Bobby Keys!! I wonder..."where are they going?" Now I'm in hot pursuit. Noboby notices them!! The people were more interested in a crazy redhead decked out in Stones tee (we were given special Vegas tee shirts that weren't for public sale!!), pins, bandana, laminated pass, VIP sticker running through the crowd!! LOL. Caught up with Bernard and Bobby and chatted and got autographs. They were very nice!! Told Bobby it was a great honor to meet him and to please tell Keith that I love him!!! LOL.

I'm so fried from jet lag, lack of sleep and general hangover that I must end for now. Hope I haven't bored you all to death!! Thank God I'm off from work today and tomorrow!! Look for my review later. Pics forthcoming also.

It was very emotional when the band took their final bow. I was trying to capture the moment on film, but the tears were flowing! After the final four bowed, Keith ran off the stage. Charlie yelled to Ronnie, "get off the stage". Watts was actually laughing!! Final shot (Oh dear, hear come the tears) Mick (in a gorgeous mustard colored shirt) and Charlie, arms around each other, each laughing, take a final bow!! House lights come up. I'm sobbing!! People from the group are hugging me! One woman, whose name escapes me, says to me "I can tell you really love this band. I watched you throughout the show and you never sat down or stopped singing and dancing." I just kept crying and said "No words. No words".

Throbby--if possible, I could use a good picture of Mick and Keith today!! It hasn't hit me yet that the boys are Australia bound. When it does....oh good, we have Vodka and Jack Daniels in the house!

LadyJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
02-10-03 12:28 PM
Fiji Joe I finally broke down and read this thread...managed to stay out of it for damn near a month...I regret nothing
02-10-03 12:34 PM
LadyJane Sorry to bore you Fiji. I feel the same way about "The politics of Leah Wood". This thread is not for everyone. But some of us really love it!!!

LadyJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST