ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RONNIE Return to archive
11th March 2006 10:44 PM
CraigP Did you hear Ronnie's solo during the middle of YCAGWYW on the Argentina broadcast???

It made my day.

I found out about the broadcast and just turned it on before the solo.

Going crazy on his axe like a rock star should!!!
Dirty, gritty midrange tone that just goes right through your chest.
The solo wasn't PERFECT because of a tiny bit of welcomed sloppiness. I love it.
[Edited by CraigP]
11th March 2006 11:22 PM
the good I agree, Woody was outstanding.
12th March 2006 12:52 AM
jb Playing great........Arkansas was fabulous..However, Ronnie has a certain sadness to his face and it is painful at times tas he really must be going through hell with all that is expected of him....and the limitations he is now under.
12th March 2006 02:07 AM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Playing great........Arkansas was fabulous..However, Ronnie has a certain sadness to his face and it is painful at times tas he really must be going through hell with all that is expected of him....and the limitations he is now under.

Ronnie's face does look a bit haggard. I wonder if he really has quit partying. I hope for his health's sake that he has.
12th March 2006 06:59 AM
Jumping Jack There are days he looks better than others which really makes me wonder how severe some of his health problems are. He obviously quit drinking and smoking for a reason. He is a trooper and is giving it his all, but some nights look to be a bit easier than others.
12th March 2006 08:02 AM
theanchorman The best thing for the band would be for him to step down...
12th March 2006 09:09 AM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
theanchorman wrote:
The best thing for the band would be for him to step down...

The best thing for the band would be for ALL OF THEM to step down.
12th March 2006 09:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
The best thing for the band would be for ALL OF THEM to step down.

Maybe...but not quite yet.

12th March 2006 09:14 AM
gypsy
quote:
theanchorman wrote:
The best thing for the band would be for him to step down...

Then who would be the buffer between Mick & Keith? Brian couldn't handle it. Mick Taylor couldn't handle it. I think Ronnie is doing as best he can, and he does not get the credit he deserves. His artwork alone speaks volumes regarding his talent.
12th March 2006 09:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Then who would be the buffer between Mick & Keith? Brian couldn't handle it. Mick Taylor couldn't handle it. I think Ronnie is doing as best he can, and he does not get the credit he deserves. His artwork alone speaks volumes regarding his talent.

Plus ... he's a nice guy. Good people.
12th March 2006 11:00 AM
lotsajizz Woodie and Blondie showed up at his art exhibit last night...Dr. Gonzo and I are checking into Crowne Plaza later for the show and will no longer be sober 'till tomorrow, over and out 'till tomorrow's review
12th March 2006 11:18 AM
Bruno Stone His solo in YCAGWYW from Copacabana was fantastic, so loud and dirty, it was pure rock and roll.
12th March 2006 11:58 AM
theanchorman
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Screw buffers - Keith and Mick need a lead guitar player.
I agree - Ronnie makes a better artist than guitar player...
12th March 2006 04:52 PM
the good
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

Screw buffers - Keith and Mick need a lead guitar player.
I agree - Ronnie makes a better artist than guitar player...

I wouldn't take anything this guy says too seriously. He also thinks Clint Eastwood sucks.
12th March 2006 05:06 PM
Navin Ron Wood (1975-) has now lasted longer than even Bill Wyman's tenure (1964-94)

Got to give this devil his due, no one - NOT ONE PERSON - forget about stars and rockers, would or could put up with the shit the glimmer boys put him thru. This rooster-haired ace is the STONES !!

Mick = Sex
Keith = Drugs
Ron = Only rock n' roll

Guitar heroes don't come larger than RON WOOD...slide on that!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)