ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hellacopters/Datsuns live (nsc) Return to archive
10th March 2006 08:18 AM
Factory Girl
Hello all,

Are the Hellacopters any good? What is their sound?

I might go see these bands this weekend.

FG!
10th March 2006 08:57 AM
erikjjf The Hellacopters opened for the Stones in Helsinki and Stockholm (theatre show) in 2003. Good rocking band from Sweden.
10th March 2006 09:00 AM
Break The Spell An interesting side-note, Nicke from the Hellacopters used to play drums in the death metal band Entombed. He left to form a raw, garage rock type band as he became alienated from the metal scene, so thats what The hekllacopters became.
10th March 2006 12:18 PM
polksalad69 Saw the Hellacopters a few years back (9-9-99)opening for the Supersuckers. Very heavy garage rock. Kinda cool live but on cd, not so good imo. Heard they have changed their sound a little recently. Can't remember how exactly.
10th March 2006 12:21 PM
pdog Oh My God!!! Hellacopter are great... YES! Great...
They'll be in SF end of this month...
If you want to hear a great record, I suggest getting By The Grace Of God.... Good place to start with them.
10th March 2006 12:30 PM
Factory Girl Damn, I'm really tempted now. I really like the Datsuns.
10th March 2006 12:49 PM
Break The Spell You should definately go if you have the chance. I really enjoyed "Supershitty To The Max", one of the early ones.
10th March 2006 03:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Datsuns are very good live...but the Hellacopters are REALLY good live.

I would not miss it if I were you.

Take hearing protection...both bands are extremely loud.
10th March 2006 03:22 PM
Factory Girl SS,

Did you get the BRMC pin?

Hearing loss is the reason why I may not attend the show.
10th March 2006 03:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The Datsuns are very good live...but the Hellacopters are REALLY good live.

Were they the band that opened for the Pixies?

What's that saying? Meh? Feh? I was underwhelmed. We shoulda had better seats, though. More like we had in '88.

Do you know either of the Pogue's openers?

Hey, you should see Bill's new play. It's quite good.

He wants to do a new Artpig movie. We should.

It's time.

10th March 2006 05:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot FG...

Got the pin, & it has found a home on my punk rock jacket. Thank you muchly. Package headed your way tomorrow.

Flea...

I've seen the Datsuns twice...once opening for the Pixies. That was NOT the way to see them. I later saw them at the Ottobar, and they were excellent. Their albums are pretty good too. I can spin 'em for ya if you are interested.

I'd really like to go see Bill's play, but I just started 4pm-midnight.

As for Artpig...it's been time for several years now. I also want to get the Squirting Murphy's together to do a "covers album". Start gathering stuff to bang on.
11th March 2006 10:21 AM
FPM C10 Yes, and then tell your uncle it's time to have a Snake Marie reunion...it's the only part of my musical life I haven't recycled yet!

(Just kidding. Our old drummer is a Michigan Militia - type lunatic now. I wouldn't play with him even if he shaved his Heinrich Himmler moustache off.)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)