ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: El Mocambo 77....video?¿? Return to archive
9th March 2006 02:58 PM
SLAVE Are there any kind of video of these shows??If yes could someone upload it to the tracker or someplace like youtube and put on the link to download..........also if it doesn´t exist post it please.

Greetings from Spain
9th March 2006 03:01 PM
Break The Spell I think I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't taped. If it was I'd love to see a video of it. "If ya want to dance with Billy around the piano, you can!!"
9th March 2006 03:12 PM
Gazza Theres not a single note of the shows in circulation unfortunately
9th March 2006 03:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Theres not a single note of the shows in circulation unfortunately

What? I have audio, crappy but it exists. Did you mean notes of video? LOL!
9th March 2006 03:26 PM
Break The Spell I'm sure he meant video, thats what the person at the top was asking for.
9th March 2006 03:50 PM
Vinyl kills But it was filmed correct? Don't they show a quick shot of it on 25x5?
9th March 2006 06:25 PM
Gazza Note of music on video!
9th March 2006 06:30 PM
stonedinaustralia that is a pity

i've heard quite a bit of the audio

awesome versions of WAY and HOF
9th March 2006 06:44 PM
exile about 10 years ago I used to have (since lost) a video of a 70's club gig, wher Mick is wearing a tiny glitter jacket

What gig was this one I always assumed it was EL Mocambo but obviously was not, i wouldnt mind getting another copy one day.

I bought it from Camden markets in London of some bootleg video guy, at the end it had a english TV interview with Keith Richards from mid to late 70's (Keith was absolutely out of it) It was so old both Keith and the interviewer were somoking, It was quite funny atually. The interviewer had a beard and strange teeth, I sure people from England would know who he was. maybe the BBC.
9th March 2006 10:54 PM
batcave
quote:
exile wrote:
about 10 years ago I used to have (since lost) a video of a 70's club gig, wher Mick is wearing a tiny glitter jacket

What gig was this one I always assumed it was EL Mocambo but obviously was not, i wouldnt mind getting another copy one day.

That would have been the '71 Marquee Club show. I think it's on the torrent tracker.
9th March 2006 11:32 PM
Throwaway OK, i'll admit it guys, I had the tape, I've just been teasing you guys all these years. Unfortunately, "Brown Sugar" had some blips so I threw it out, thinking it was trash, and I really regret it now.
9th March 2006 11:35 PM
Throwaway But honestly, the closest thing (time period wise) is the Knebworth DVD, and there is also Paris 76 on DVD (majority of Love You Live, before vocal overdubbing). But anything from El Mocambo you can get your hands on is worth listening, such as first live airing of Worried About You, and the famous "blues set," including a calypso-oriented Crackin' Up. This show as well as, say any show from fall 1973, would be Stones heaven, but it just wasnt meant to be.
10th March 2006 12:50 AM
exile
quote:
batcave wrote:
That would have been the '71 Marquee Club show. I think it's on the torrent tracker.

Cheers for that
10th March 2006 07:04 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
But honestly, the closest thing (time period wise) is the Knebworth DVD, and there is also Paris 76 on DVD (majority of Love You Live, before vocal overdubbing). But anything from El Mocambo you can get your hands on is worth listening, such as first live airing of Worried About You, and the famous "blues set," including a calypso-oriented Crackin' Up. This show as well as, say any show from fall 1973, would be Stones heaven, but it just wasnt meant to be.

So there are no known videos of 1973 concerts out there?
10th March 2006 07:23 AM
Gazza Not as such. Theres a good BBC aired film of "Street Fighting Man" from Frankfurt '73 which was broadcast on the Old Grey Whistle Test and some super-8 audience footage of a few shows, but thats basically it.
10th March 2006 07:39 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Not as such. Theres a good BBC aired film of "Street Fighting Man" from Frankfurt '73 which was broadcast on the Old Grey Whistle Test and some super-8 audience footage of a few shows, but thats basically it.

Thats what I was thinking, but I still hope someone cleans their vault out and finds Brussels 73 on video. Holding out hope against hope...
10th March 2006 07:52 AM
SLAVE So there isn´t any video,but exist audio.I have a bootleg from El Mocambo and its quite good(no so good like Love You Live side but...it´s ok)Thanks to all of you...and if someone search some clip post it also
10th March 2006 08:38 AM
Shawn20 I wouldn't say up for grabs....but open for offers.
10th March 2006 09:14 AM
Throwaway http://micktaylor.net/multimedia.htm Under videos, click Street Fighting Man..you'll see a short clip of the classic encore w/ MJ throwing out the flowers and Taylor shredding it up. I have yet to come across any El Mocambo footage, hell, the full audio show isnt even out there!
10th March 2006 08:37 PM
IrelandCalling4
quote:
exile wrote:
about 10 years ago I used to have (since lost) a video of a 70's club gig, wher Mick is wearing a tiny glitter jacket

I bought it from Camden markets in London of some bootleg video guy, at the end it had a english TV interview with Keith Richards from mid to late 70's (Keith was absolutely out of it) It was so old both Keith and the interviewer were somoking, It was quite funny atually. The interviewer had a beard and strange teeth, I sure people from England would know who he was. maybe the BBC.

Greetings --- as someone else has posted,that show is probablt the Marquee show from 1971.

And,the inetrview you mention just has to be from the 'Old Grey Whistle Test' in 1974. Keith was interviwed by 'Whispering' Bob Harris,damn good it is too!
10th March 2006 08:44 PM
Gazza yep..that interview comes from just after the IORR album was released. They played the promo for "Aint too proud to beg" and then an almost comatose Keith was interviewed by "Whispering" Bob Harris

That interview was officially released on an "Old Grey Whistle Test" compilation a couple of years ago. Keith is so strung out and glassy eyed its quite scary.

Interesting thing about that interview is that he talks about the fact he's planning to make an album with local Rastafarian musicians in Jamaica. Only took him another 23 years to get the project off the ground and eventually released....
10th March 2006 10:06 PM
exile
quote:
IrelandCalling4 wrote:
And,the inetrview you mention just has to be from the 'Old Grey Whistle Test' in 1974. Keith was interviwed by 'Whispering' Bob Harris,damn good it is too!

quote:
Gazza wrote:
yep..that interview comes from just after the IORR album was released. They played the promo for "Aint too proud to beg" and then an almost comatose Keith was interviewed by "Whispering" Bob Harris

That interview was officially released on an "Old Grey Whistle Test" compilation a couple of years ago. Keith is so strung out and glassy eyed its quite scary.

YES, YES thats it! Thats the guy, he is a freaky looking dude "Whispering" Bob Harris. And keith was totally out of it. Great inerview. which compliation is it on Gazza?

10th March 2006 10:11 PM
Riffhard
quote:
IrelandCalling4 wrote:

Greetings --- as someone else has posted,that show is probablt the Marquee show from 1971.

Yeah it's the Marquee show for sure. I have that vid. It ain't bad,but the sound quality leaves a bit to be desired. Jagger is wearing that cheesy fucking silver glitter jacket and a faggy little schoolboy cap. Plus his hand claps drown out the guitars! Again,as mentioned,the sound leaves much to be desired.

Riffy
11th March 2006 04:05 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Theres a good BBC aired film of "Street Fighting Man" from Frankfurt '73 which was broadcast on the Old Grey Whistle Test and some super-8 audience footage of a few shows, but thats basically it.

quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Thats what I was thinking, but I still hope someone cleans their vault out and finds Brussels 73 on video. Holding out hope against hope...

Actually, there is a ten-minute Belgian black and white TV documentary called "Rolling Stones Express" (if I remember the title correctly) which contains about 2 1/2 minutes of footage from Brussels. Unfortunately, the makers seemed more concerned with the arrival and departure of the French fans than the actual concert, as most of the film is devoted to the fans. Apparently, though, the whole show (or at least a good deal of it) was filmed because the 2 1/2 minutes of concert footage is heavily edited and is obviously taken from various points during the concert.

Also, the London Sept. 9 show (which contains the legendary SFM that is on most Brussels boots) was filmed in its ENTIRETY by the BBC for a later broadcast. Unfortunately, the broadcast never happened and I'll bet the footage has most likely been "wiped" (recorded over, the BBC used to do that all the time...short-sighted bastards). Unless the Stones have a copy in their vaults, it probably no longer exists.
11th March 2006 04:27 PM
MrPleasant This one goes to Steamboat Bill, Jr. (Sorry for the lousy translation.)

Buster Keaton looks for his girlfriend, through the forest, who happens to be a real cow.
(A representable poem)
1, 2, 3 and 4

In these four prints my shoes don't fit in
If in these four prints my shoes don't fit in,
who are these four prints from?
A shark?
A newly born elephant or a duck?
A flea or a quail?
(Pi, pi, pi)
Georginaaaaaaa!
Where are you?
I can't hear you, Georgina!
What will the moustaches of my father think of you?
(Paapááááá.)
Georginaaaaaaaa!
Are you or aren't you there?
Tree, where is she?
Alisio, where is she?
Pinsapo, where is she?
Has Georgina walked by?
(Po, pi, pi, pi.)
She walked right through here eating pasture
Cucú,
the crow was fooling her by showing her a flower or reseda.
Cuacuà
the owl with a dead rat
Gentlemen, pardon me, but I wanna cry!
(Guá, guá, guá, guá.)
Georgina!
Now when there was only one horn to grow on you
to get a PhD in the truly useful career of cycling
(Cri, cri, cri, cri.)
Even the crickets are pious of me
and the tick shares my pain.
Feel bad for the smoking that's looking for you, and cries between the
rain
and the bowler hat that tenderly
senses you from bush to bush
Georginaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa!
(Maaaaaaa.)

Are you a sweet child or are you really a cow?
My heart always told me that you were a real cow.

Your pa, that you were a sweet child.
My heart, that you were a real cow.
A sweet child.
A real cow.
A child
a cow.
A child or a cow?
Or - one child and one cow?

I never knew nothing.

Goodbye, Georgina.
(Bang!)

--Rafael Alberti

[Edited by MrPleasant]
11th March 2006 04:50 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

This one goes to Steamboat Bill, Jr. (Sorry for the lousy translation.)

Buster Keaton looks for his girlfriend, through the forest, who happens to be a real cow.
(A representable poem)
1, 2, 3 and 4

In these four prints my shoes don't fit in
If in these four prints my shoes don't fit in,
who are these four prints from?
A shark?
A newly born elephant or a duck?
A flea or a quail?
(Pi, pi, pi)
Georginaaaaaaa!
Where are you?
I can't hear you, Georgina!
What will the moustaches of my father think of you?
(Paapááááá.)
Georginaaaaaaaa!
Are you or aren't you there?
Tree, where is she?
Alisio, where is she?
Pinsapo, where is she?
Has Georgina walked by?
(Po, pi, pi, pi.)
She walked right through here eating pasture
Cucú,
the crow was fooling her by showing her a flower or reseda.
Cuacuà
the owl with a dead rat
Gentlemen, pardon me, but I wanna cry!
(Guá, guá, guá, guá.)
Georgina!
Now when there was only one horn to grow on you
to get a PhD in the truly useful career of cycling
(Cri, cri, cri, cri.)
Even the crickets are pious of me
and the tick shares my pain.
Feel bad for the smoking that's looking for you, and cries between the
rain
and the bowler hat that tenderly
senses you from bush to bush
Georginaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa!
(Maaaaaaa.)

Are you a sweet child or are you really a cow?
My heart always told me that you were a real cow.

Your pa, that you were a sweet child.
My heart, that you were a real cow.
A sweet child.
A real cow.
A child
a cow.
A child or a cow?
Or - one child and one cow?

I never knew nothing.

Goodbye, Georgina.
(Bang!)

--Rafael Alberti

Keaton's been the inspiration for some pretty crazy shit.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)