ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick pushes Sting Return to archive
9th March 2006 01:22 PM
Stones I was reading "The Rolling Stones Chronicle" by Massimo Bonano and one of the things he writes about is Mick pushed Sting down and yelling "We don't go around talking about you!" I think it was in the mid 80's around the time the Police broke up. I remember Sting saying at the time he "Did not want to be like The Rolling Stones", maybe meaning that was one of the reasons he left the police. Anybody ever hear about this and have anymore info on it?
9th March 2006 01:29 PM
winter Yes, the Police did not become old like the Rolling Stones.

Instead, Sting became lame, like, well, Sting. The Police' first few albums were great, then they turned and into "adult contemporary" with Synchronicity, and Sting has sucked ever since.

5 years of success does not give you the right to compare yourself to the World's Greatest Rock n Roll Band - Gordon.

wintah
9th March 2006 01:30 PM
Break The Spell I never heard that particular story, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. So many artists have said that they didn't want to end up like the Stones, I think it comes from their own insecurities, knowing they don't have the staying power and stamina to do it as long as the Stones have.
9th March 2006 01:32 PM
pdog Sting can maintain an erection for 8 days. Chuck Norris is envious.
9th March 2006 01:35 PM
Egbert Sting IS an erection (big dick).
9th March 2006 01:36 PM
egon luckily catherina zeeta jones stepped in,
and prevented a fight

9th March 2006 01:39 PM
egon
quote:
pdog wrote:
Sting can maintain an erection for 8 days. Chuck Norris is envious.

Did somenone say "Chuck Norris"?

www.chucknorris.com (speakers on!)
9th March 2006 01:44 PM
glencar Stink has been.
9th March 2006 01:44 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
egon wrote:

Did somenone say "Chuck Norris"?

www.chucknorris.com (speakers on!)

Chuck has great make-up people. He must be like 70, they make him look not a day over 51.
9th March 2006 01:52 PM
egon He has the lord on his side

http://www.chucknorris.com/html/christian.aspx
9th March 2006 01:55 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
egon wrote:
He has the lord on his side

http://www.chucknorris.com/html/christian.aspx

He never ruled out doing the finale, "Walker, Texas Corpse". May the lord continue to bless him.
9th March 2006 01:58 PM
egon Is that out on dvd yet?

Cos I'm tempted...
9th March 2006 02:09 PM
The Wick When Wyman left, I remember Jagger saying in an interview on Radio 1 that Stink offered his services, but was politely turned down. Can you imagine how horrific things would have turned out with Stink on the payroll? There would have been duets with Madonna. Overrated pile of rubbish Geordie Gordon is. Brand New Day makes me want to die a slow death every time I hear it.
9th March 2006 02:12 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
egon wrote:
Is that out on dvd yet?

Cos I'm tempted...

Sadly its still in pre-production phases, Chuck's not as energetic as he once was. When it comes out, you'll be the first person I'll tell.
9th March 2006 02:13 PM
Break The Spell Brand New Day makes me want to die a slow death every time I hear it.
[/quote]

So I guess you really don't want to imagine what a hybrid of Brand New Car and Brand New Day might have sounded like. Yep, makes Darryl sound better all the time.
9th March 2006 04:37 PM
monkeyman62 speaking of wigs, doesnt chuck norris now sport one
9th March 2006 04:55 PM
egon I'm sure he shares is thoughts about it on his website
9th March 2006 06:10 PM
Soldatti
quote:
The Wick wrote:
When Wyman left, I remember Jagger saying in an interview on Radio 1 that Stink offered his services, but was politely turned down.

Are you joking, isnt it?
I can't imagine Sting with the Stones, NEVER.
9th March 2006 07:32 PM
The Wick
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Are you joking, isnt it?
I can't imagine Sting with the Stones, NEVER.

No, man. He was giving an interview to promote Sweet Thing and he said it. I remember it clearly and he said jokingly that he didn't want him to take away any of the spotlight.
9th March 2006 10:33 PM
Stonesthrow >>Mick pushes Sting<<

Down a staircase.
In the path of a train.

The list goes on.
10th March 2006 03:09 AM
corgi37 Jagger/Sting have been bitching for years. As far as i can tell, it goes back to a interview Jagger did for (I think) NME while flogging Emotional Rescue. The punky, new wave dude interviewing was asking him about "modern" bands of the time, one being the Police.

Jagger said "The Police? Oh my God, they arent even new for India".

And, its all down hill from there.
10th March 2006 01:57 PM
Stones Although around the No Security or Licks tour Sting was leaving a concert the Stones did in Las Vegas and said"Their the best and always will be". So I guess he changed his mind about them..
10th March 2006 08:55 PM
chevysales saw the police at mickey rats in hollywood fla when they DID NOT have blonde hair. they played with rented equipment and did the small club thing... by the end of the year roxanne was a hit... and they all sported blonde hair

[Edited by chevysales]
10th March 2006 09:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stones wrote:
Although around the No Security or Licks tour Sting was leaving a concert the Stones did in Las Vegas and said"Their the best and always will be". So I guess he changed his mind about them..

Saw Sting in Belfast on the final night of his 'Dream of the Blue Turtles' tour 20 years ago. (A fine album..I'm not a big fan of his solo stuff but IMO this was by far the best thing he ever did). He played guitar in this band, leaving the bass duties to one Darryl Jones.

I met Darryl in 1995 in Paris backstage at the Stones show there, and got talking to him - about 30 minutes before he was due onstage. When I mentioned that Sting show, I was surprised that he remembered it incredibly vividly ("YOU were at THAT gig?") and we had a great chat about it. Bill Wyman obviously wasnt the only Stones bass player with a great memory.
[Edited by Gazza]
11th March 2006 08:04 AM
corgi37 You da man, Gazza!

Sting's Mrs, Trudy has massive lips. She's a bit of a goer, i reckon. And he's done well to hang on to the bit of hair he has left.

Sting can have sex for hours thanks to his Tantric teachings! I think he can suck his own dick too.

It's good to have something in common with the rich and famous.
11th March 2006 08:09 AM
glencar Desert Rose is quite moving.
11th March 2006 02:12 PM
MrPleasant "Mick pushes Sting"

Off the stage?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)