ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith No-Show (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th March 2006 06:04 PM
exile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
But hey, I gotta admit that they are way better than the Eagles. Of course, involuntary castration with rusty preschool craft scissors is better than the Eagles.....

LOL!!
10th March 2006 07:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot >the small-mindedness of those who confuse fandom with exclusivity is distressing<

I don't think anyone on this board is guilty of exclusivity. All of us are fans of other bands besides the Stones. I, myself, have over 12,000 CDs. Not all of them are Stones. It's just that there are a bunch of people here who like to poke fun at bands that suck...and at people who like bands that suck. Now, you may not always agree that said bands that suck, actually suck. And people who like bands that suck don't always, themselves, suck, although they do, in fact, usually suck. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone(except for me, obviously)is guilty of liking something that is generally regarded as crap. Shit happens. Especially in mainstream rock n roll. Often. In the case of A-smith, shit has been happening with them for the past 20 years. Lots and lots of shit. So much shit that you could start a commercial mushroom farm with it.

But hey, if you want to stick up for a band that at it's best was considered to be a 2nd rate Rolling Stones...that is your inalienable right. Just like it is our inalienable right to make fun of you for it.

As someone who doesn't suck once said:

Ain't no hangin' matter, ain't no capital crime...
10th March 2006 09:38 PM
IanBillen That's too bad.

But you know, let's face it. The dude is human. It happens. It would be like you getting a real bad flu, a extreme dizzyness, a stomach flu....could you go out on stage at it's worst point?

Probably not. It happens. Aerosmith are not my cup of tea entirely anymore.
They sold out, been over exposed, and now they are used up and only appeal to well I guess nobody these days. At least five years ago they still appealed to 14 year old girls. Anyway, they have copied The Stones a little too much, almost tried to carry The Stones vibe and presentation,....and nobody can do that except for The Stones.

Regardless, They have been performing for friggin ever. They are up there now. And you can't knoock someone because they keep authentically getting sick.

*Now, Axl Rose always cancelling for reasons unkown, or because the dude is too screwy. THAT is when someone deserves to be really slammed and dumped on.

But I seriously doubt Steven Tyler is being a baby, or just being lazy. He probably really caught something. Shit happens you know. I can see slammin the dude for other reasons but I don't think I can slam him because he really fell ill and had to cancel some shows. The dude probably truly fell sick. What do you want him to do? "You can't ask something of someone that is almost, or physically impossible of someone because they truly got sick.

What would you do? I am not crawling up anyones ass here but...you know, I don't think he has a terrible history of this does he? Even if he does, maybe he got really sick. Again, he's human, you know Rock Star or no Rock Star it happens

One time I was supposed to be at work at 4 p.m. this was like seven years ago. Suddenly, about an hour before I had to be at work...I got dizzy, the craps, pukey feeling, feverish and chilled, really really weak. I got a sudden case of the flu and I tell you man within a half hour or so I was hit! Strange thing was I felt OK earlier. Well I had to call off. Something I rarely did. Well like I say.....it happens.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
10th March 2006 09:54 PM
Lazy Bones S/S, I'll tell you what some on this board may by guilty of, and that is assuming.

When I said "it doesn't sound like you're a huge Stones' fan, either" to rasputin56, it's because it's true. What you did was more than point out your personal likes and dislikes about the band, you compared - while undermining - apples and apricots.

"Aerosmith is the greatest American hard rock band, period. Better than the Stones or a whole host of other bands, nope, but please don't disparage what they've accomplished over the years. Honkin on Bobo is better than any album the Stones have put out since 1981.
"

People can only make judgements on what others type. So don't go ape shit all over me. If you think a band's cover album is better than original material the Stones have released in 25 years, hey, that's your opinion and that's fine. However, "huge Stones fan"..? Fuck, ya fooled me!

Defend away...
10th March 2006 09:58 PM
rasputin56 My guess is KISS is somewhere in the top 5 of that list to 127, isn't it? As I said, I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan, but the fact remains in the realm of American hard rock, there were few, if any, better than them in their prime. No one will touch the Brits for the best of all time, but face it, there aren't many American bands that come close so Aerosmith comes closest. And at this point in their career or for that past 20 years or so, aren't the Stones merely 2nd rate Stones now?
10th March 2006 10:05 PM
Riffhard Aerosmith is to the Stones what Bon Jovi is to Aerosmith. Namely-shite!

Riffy
10th March 2006 10:12 PM
rasputin56 That was cold, man. What did Aerosmith do to you?
10th March 2006 10:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
That was cold, man. What did Aerosmith do to you?

Yeah,well you know I figured I'd kill two birds with one Stone so to speak! LOL! Truth to tell ever since that god awful power ballad that Aerosmith did for the movie Armeggedon my patience with them as run it's course. In their day they were pretty good,but it's over for me since that cloyingly sachrin sweet shit came out.

Riffy
10th March 2006 10:41 PM
exile
quote:
theanchorman wrote:
At least Aerosmith made a couple of cool albums during the 80's/90's...

The Stones haven't put out a legitimate album since Some girls (consadiering Tattoo made up of existing songs) - minus some awesome Keith songs...
...but don't throw stones when you're living in a glass universe...

I think "Voodoo Lounge" and "Brigdes" and ABB shit on anything Aersomith have put out since 1990.

I personally Like most of the stones new stuff, and yes at least they are still putting at albums with original matieral.

"Get a grip" - I mean that was a shit alum.
"Nine Lives" - it was ok...lukewarm, i didnt mid this album
"Just Push Play" - they should have been pubically hung, for actually realeasing that one.
"HONKIN ON BOBO" - unpreviewed.

dont get me wrong I dont 'HATE' Aerosmith, put saying their matieral is better in recent years is a joke. Its like saying "THE MONKEES" albums were better than the "BEATLES"
10th March 2006 11:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot >My guess is KISS is somewhere in the top 5 of that list to 127, isn't it?<

Close...#126.

My top 5...in no particular order...it changes with my mood...

Iggy & The Stooges
New York Dolls
MC5
The Ramones
Velvet Underground

There are days when the Replacements stick their collective nose in there too...

So who besides Kiss and Aerosmith are in YOUR top 5 dude? Lemme guess...Motley Crue, Journey and Styx?

That was my top 5 too...when I was in 4th grade.
11th March 2006 12:02 AM
exile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So who besides Kiss and Aerosmith are in YOUR top 5 dude? Lemme guess...Motley Crue, Journey and Styx?

again...that was very funny
11th March 2006 05:36 AM
corgi37 Fucking hell, if no one rocks harder than Aerosmith, then the end of America is truly close by. Pack up. Turn out the lights. Wear clean undies. Prepare for the rapture.

The Archies,The Monkees,Soggy bottom boys and The Osmonds are more hard core.

Tyler is a comic fake.

Bono is a twat.
11th March 2006 08:22 AM
theanchorman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

We post here because we like the real deal.Not some lame Stones Wannabe's...The Toxic Twins?....Gimme a break!

Every band copies bands from before them....The Stones copied just about everything from the Beatles - then were forced to go their own way when the Beatles broke up...made 2 great albums (SF & Exile)...and then jumped on whatever trend was popular at the time...

In regard to all this Aerosmith completley ripping off the Stones talk - thats due to Steven Tyler looking like Jagger. Joe Perry molded himself after Keith and Page (who didn't during the 70's?)

But musically - Aerosmith were alot harder than the Stones (I'm talking during their prime here) Rocks is a masterpiece (same as Exile) But the Stones could never pull off somthing like Rocks. They never played that heavey...Joe Perry plays his ass off & Joey Kramer was a great drummer. You can't take away what they achieved as a BAND. All this crap talking people on this board are doing is just in regard to image...

And nowadays - at least Aerosmith can play their instrumenets well. Keith struggles from the Arthritis and Wood is the worst thing that ever happened to the band. IMO.

That being said - Tyler makes me sick to my stomach nowadays...but if you check out their new live album - there are some killer versions of Seasons of Wither (their best song) No More No More, Draw The Line & Rattlesnake Shake....

They still jam. Thats what aggravates me., Reading what many people type on here makes me think of blinded, 12 year old fans that don't accept any other band. Aerosmith were a great band. There were TENS OF THOUSANSDS of Stones clones that never made it. In reality - it's all about the music...Aerosmith took classic era Stones (69-72) & took it to another level (Toys & Rocks). Guns & Roses then did the same thing to Aerosmith...

It's all about passing it along...

Peace.
[Edited by theanchorman]
[Edited by theanchorman]
11th March 2006 08:27 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>My guess is KISS is somewhere in the top 5 of that list to 127, isn't it?<

Close...#126.

Iggy & The Stooges
New York Dolls
MC5
The Ramones
Velvet Underground

There are days when the Replacements stick their collective nose in there too...

I guess you missed the part about "best HARD ROCK" band which obviously leaves many groups out of the equation but that's OK, I had reading comprehension problems in 4th grade, too.

And personally, I would keep the Ramones at the top of your list. If y'all would like to argue about best American band that's a different ballgame but frankly I still believe the Brits have it overall.
11th March 2006 08:29 AM
theanchorman
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You should CONSADIER joining an Aerosmith message board...

Please check your spelling before posting.
No. I like this board alot. I LOVE the Stones. I love other bands too. I follow no band blindly though...
11th March 2006 08:31 AM
theanchorman
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Close...#126.

Iggy & The Stooges
New York Dolls
MC5
The Ramones
Velvet Underground

Aerosmith & KISS are without a doubt 2 of Amercia's biggest rock bands...

Some of those bands you mentioned are great - but fads...
glencar Sez "theanchorman": The Stones copied everything form the Rutles. This guy is a troll. Let him find a creaky bridge to live under.
rasputin56 Great post theanchorman.
11th March 2006 11:49 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Close...#126.

Iggy & The Stooges
New York Dolls
MC5
The Ramones
Velvet Underground

Those bands in the top five are in no way fads, they are fucking amazing.
11th March 2006 12:14 PM
theanchorman
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

Those bands in the top five are in no way fads, they are fucking amazing.

MC5 were good...the rest were punk garbage
11th March 2006 04:25 PM
rasputin56
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

MC5 were good...the rest were punk garbage

Ramones are not "punk garbage". Far from it in fact. Iggy, Velvet Underground and the NYDolls were crap, er not my cup of tea, though. Merely the product of the Warhol freakshow.
11th March 2006 05:55 PM
exile Iggy fucking rocks. word. play "Funhouse" so loud your ears bleed.

thats rock and roll my friend
12th March 2006 05:36 AM
corgi37 Please ban the anchorman.
12th March 2006 08:01 AM
theanchorman
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

Every band copies bands from before them....The Stones copied just about everything from the Beatles - then were forced to go their own way when the Beatles broke up...made 2 great albums (SF & Exile)...and then jumped on whatever trend was popular at the time...

In regard to all this Aerosmith completley ripping off the Stones talk - thats due to Steven Tyler looking like Jagger. Joe Perry molded himself after Keith and Page (who didn't during the 70's?)

But musically - Aerosmith were alot harder than the Stones (I'm talking during their prime here) Rocks is a masterpiece (same as Exile) But the Stones could never pull off somthing like Rocks. They never played that heavey...Joe Perry plays his ass off & Joey Kramer was a great drummer. You can't take away what they achieved as a BAND. All this crap talking people on this board are doing is just in regard to image...

And nowadays - at least Aerosmith can play their instrumenets well. Keith struggles from the Arthritis and Wood is the worst thing that ever happened to the band. IMO.

That being said - Tyler makes me sick to my stomach nowadays...but if you check out their new live album - there are some killer versions of Seasons of Wither (their best song) No More No More, Draw The Line & Rattlesnake Shake....

They still jam. Thats what aggravates me., Reading what many people type on here makes me think of blinded, 12 year old fans that don't accept any other band. Aerosmith were a great band. There were TENS OF THOUSANSDS of Stones clones that never made it. In reality - it's all about the music...Aerosmith took classic era Stones (69-72) & took it to another level (Toys & Rocks). Guns & Roses then did the same thing to Aerosmith...

It's all about passing it along...

Peace.
[Edited by theanchorman]
[Edited by theanchorman]

12th March 2006 09:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I guess you missed the part about "best HARD ROCK" band which obviously leaves many groups out of the equation but that's OK, I had reading comprehension problems in 4th grade, too.<

Oh, I see...you want to play semantics.

Fuck that.

You see, to me, it's all rock n roll. I don't have a bunch of silly catagories to pidgeonhole my rock n roll neatly in. For me, it's either rock n roll, or NOT rock n roll. I only have 2 catagories for rock n roll. Good...or bad. Period. Punk rock, hard rock, commercial rock, southern rock, glam rock, folk rock, rockabilly...I don't give a fuck, it's all rock n roll.

So I stand by what I posted. I don't care if it's not the way you want it. It's the way I want it...and quite frankly, when it comes down to it...I'm the only one who matters.
12th March 2006 10:25 PM
rasputin56 That's nice.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)