ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith No-Show (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th March 2006 07:57 AM
lotsajizz no one here who trashes Aerosmith speaks from personal observation in recent years

I do

They ROCK!!!
10th March 2006 08:06 AM
Maxlugar [quote]theanchorman wrote:
Don't get me wrong - not many bands can touch what the Stones acheived during their peak - 69-72...but don't throw stones when you're living in a glass universe...

The Stones are still achieving more than Aerosmith on the road never mind albums. Yes I would take Steel Wheels over Pump.

I've seen Aerosmith twice and I was not impressed. A girlfriend loved them. I remember literally squinting my eyes at one point and I could see the Stones. They're like a friggin' Tribute Band.

I like the real thing. I forbid you to like them too. OK?

Here are my pre-approved bands/artists you are allowed to like:

The Rolling Stones
The Kinks
Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Beck
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Drive By Truckers
Peter Tosh/ Bob Marley/ Wailers

Anything else you will need to run by me in a legal appeal and cc my attorney's Nanky, Fiji and Moonie. Oh, and my favorite DJ Riffhard.

God bless you and God bless the United States of America.

See you at "Couchiepalooza" Fall '06!!!

Maxy!

10th March 2006 08:19 AM
corgi37 They have toured Oz the grand total of once. I saw them. Very corny. Every fucking trick in the book. Perry rubbing guitar to amp - amp smokes. Oh, my, he's fried it! hahahahaha. Man, that sucked a few idiots in. Tyler mentioning walking down well known Melbourne streets. Morons go ape! Part of the set was like a dingy street. they had a toilet door, which Tyler emerges from at encore. Above was written "Melbourne" in very badly made foam letters. At least they spelt it right.

But, hey, i actually liked the show. I was a fan for a short time, mainly because of Permanent Vacation. Dont mind that and Pump and the next one. After that, pure teeny shit. Prior - Rocks and Toys in the attic are not bad at all. But, come on, the guy is such a fucking imitator. Jagger circa 75. I'll give them this though. they have chosen well in choice of singles and soundtracks. Lame? Sure. Money? Fucking for sure! hahaha.

I dont rank them seriously at all. They maybe emphasise all that is evil with witless, middle American audiences. They are sort of the "hard rock" band teeny boys get into before discovering death-core or whatever. Led Zep lite.

Jagger was asked mid-70's what he thought of Tyler, and replied (not that i 100% recall)
"Tyler? Yeah, he's sweet. Maybe too sweet! What ya reckon i should do? Smack 'im in the mouth and say "Stop impersonating me?"

Yet, the bands seem ok to each other. I am pretty sure during 89 & 94 tours, Tyler and Perry were back stage. I guarantee it. I recall a backstage pic of Tyler/Perry with members of the Stones.

And, i gotta say, i see nothing at all sexy about Liv Tyler. She's as over rated as Kate Hudson.
10th March 2006 08:37 AM
Shawn20 They also cancelled an almost sold out show in Pensacola last Saturday night.
10th March 2006 08:51 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

don't throw stones when you're living in a glass universe...

Whether someone is living in a glass 'universe' is debatable. I think even the shittier Stones albums are better than most of Aerosmith's; and since "Some Girls" they've had many awesome songs, even though the albums have been somewhat patchy. Oh, and Wandering Spirit kicks ass, apart from some "awesome Keith songs" (I'm not even gonna pretend anymore that I ain't sick of the Mick bashing). Got forbid anyone has a different opinion about Aerosmith's "greatness".
10th March 2006 09:07 AM
rasputin56 Aerosmith is the greatest American hard rock band, period. Better than the Stones or a whole host of other bands, nope, but please don't disparage what they've accomplished over the years. Honkin on Bobo is better than any album the Stones have put out since 1981.

And Max, you had me up until I got to Beck, then I knew you were just pulling my leg. Skynryd, Drive by Truckers, good one! Kudos for putting the Kinks in your list. They are vastly underrated.
10th March 2006 09:14 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Honkin on Bobo is better than any album the Stones have put out since 1981.

The Stones at least still put out albums of all original material instead of falling into the covers and re-recording trap that many bands do late in their career.
10th March 2006 09:20 AM
rasputin56 Maybe they should try it and most people might give their cd's more than 1 or 2 spins and then forget about it.

BTW, Woody's granddaughter is hot!
[Edited by rasputin56]
10th March 2006 09:32 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Maybe they should try it and most people might give their cd's more than 1 or 2 spins and then forget about it.

BTW, Woody's granddaughter is hot!
[Edited by rasputin56]

Did you buy the version of Bobo that came with a free harmonica??
10th March 2006 09:39 AM
Maxlugar [quote]rasputin56 wrote:
And Max, you had me up until I got to Beck, then I knew you were just pulling my leg.

Huh? Wha-huh?

Jeff Beck is playing harder, louder and fresher than anyone of his generation. He is teaching us all how to love again! His last three albums have been an amazing blend of new and old. He is masterful.

I beg you...ALL of you, if you enjoy weapons-grade electric guitar, go see this God when he comes by your town and buy his cd's.

I thank you.
10th March 2006 09:42 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Here are my pre-approved bands/artists you are allowed to like:

The Rolling Stones
THE WHO

Maxy!

Bless You !

H.R. Puffin Joe
10th March 2006 09:47 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Did you buy the version of Bobo that came with a free harmonica??

No, but I did save a bundle on my car insurance.
10th March 2006 09:53 AM
gorda
quote:
Stones wrote:
I heard on the radio yesterday the Aerosmith was en route to a show in Kentucky where 9,000 tickets for a 21,000 seat arena were sold and in mid-air turned around because Stephen Tyler was "not feeling well". Anybody hear about this?

Hmmmmmmmm . . .

Maybe, Mr. Tyler didn't think it was worth it, to perform for such a "small" group of people. But, if you think about it! 9,000 people is a lot of people!

P.S. Aerosmith is coming back to Northern California in April, I was planning to change my whole schedule just to see them. But, now that I know that there is a risk that they might cancel, I will go ahead with my previous plans. Good thing I didn't buy the tickets yet.

Although, the tickets are a bargain! Floor tickets are only $125.00 and last time I checked there were still some available. I didn't buy them, because I needed to rearrange my plans for that week first.
10th March 2006 09:57 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

Rocks was in 76...
Pump was a great album. Would you like to compare Pump to Steel Wheels? I think not. I'm actually suprised at this boards' anti-aerosmith stance...
considering all the kissing up Tyler and Perry have done to the Stones...

At least Aerosmith made a couple of cool albums during the 80's/90's...

The Stones haven't put out a legitimate album since Some girls (consadiering Tattoo made up of existing songs) - minus some awesome Keith songs...

Don't get me wrong - not many bands can touch what the Stones acheived during their peak - 69-72...but don't throw stones when you're living in a glass universe...

We post here because we like the real deal.Not some lame Stones Wannabe's...The Toxic Twins?....Gimme a break!
10th March 2006 10:20 AM
gypsy
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

Rocks was in 76...
Pump was a great album. Would you like to compare Pump to Steel Wheels? I think not. I'm actually suprised at this boards' anti-aerosmith stance...
considering all the kissing up Tyler and Perry have done to the Stones...

At least Aerosmith made a couple of cool albums during the 80's/90's...

The Stones haven't put out a legitimate album since Some girls (consadiering Tattoo made up of existing songs) - minus some awesome Keith songs...

You should CONSADIER joining an Aerosmith message board...
10th March 2006 10:28 AM
glencar ABB is better than Honking On Bobo. I've got both. One I play a few times a week. One I played twice. I consadier that the real test.
10th March 2006 10:34 AM
gypsy I CONSAIDIER you a great friend, glencar!
10th March 2006 10:41 AM
glencar Same here! If this fall tour materializes I hope you can come up to NY or we can all meet in Chicago or ATL or something. I'd consadier that one of the best ways to end a tour!
10th March 2006 10:50 AM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
ABB is better than Honking On Bobo. I've got both. One I play a few times a week. One I played twice. I consadier that the real test.

I respectfully disagree. ABB is one of their better efforts in quite a few years but it still is a far cry from Bobo. And for the record, I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan either.
10th March 2006 10:56 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
Same here! If this fall tour materializes I hope you can come up to NY or we can all meet in Chicago or ATL or something. I'd consadier that one of the best ways to end a tour!

The Fall @ The Fox Theater Atlanta?....how sweet would that be!
10th March 2006 11:00 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Same here! If this fall tour materializes I hope you can come up to NY or we can all meet in Chicago or ATL or something. I'd consadier that one of the best ways to end a tour!

That would be great. I haven't greeted a single person...
10th March 2006 11:57 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

That would be great. I haven't greeted a single person...

that is disappointing. I remember you threatening to post a list of people you will mount this tour when josh and I were publically discussing who we should and should not greet. You are a loyal fan and an intelligent and well respected woman!
10th March 2006 01:11 PM
gimmekeef Who shall be mounted?....lol
10th March 2006 01:47 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
And for the record, I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan either.

With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you're a huge Stones' fan either.

10th March 2006 04:32 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I beg to differ. I'm just not a sycophantic lap dog. If the band sucks at times, I'll say they suck. If they're good, I'll say that, too. The one show I saw this tour (6th overall) I thought was great. Did I think Keith, whom I love, hacked through just about everything that came out of his guitar? Absafuckinglootely. It was even worse (Wood's playing wasn't much better) when I heard the boot. Did this mean I had any less of a great time or won't go to see them again? Absafuckinglootely not. Please don't define "fan" merely as a kiss ass obsequious moron. It's kinda demeaning to those with some semblance of objectivety left.

The bickering and hatred by some here towards U2 and Aerosmith, for instance, does mildly amuse me though.
10th March 2006 04:33 PM
pdog
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
The bickering and hatred by some here towards U2 and Aerosmith, for instance, does mildly amuse me though.

I'm profoudly and overwhelmingly amused by my fellow posters.
10th March 2006 05:18 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

I beg to differ. I'm just not a sycophantic lap dog. If the band sucks at times, I'll say they suck.

If you bother to look around, you'll see plenty diehard Stones fans saying they suck when they suck. Is the concept of someone genuinely disliking Aerosmith or U2 THAT hard to grasp?
10th March 2006 05:25 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

If you bother to look around, you'll see plenty diehard Stones fans saying they suck when they suck. Is the concept of someone genuinely disliking Aerosmith or U2 THAT hard to grasp?

Not at all. But the childish denigration by some is a bit much, no? And yes, I have seen some here say they don't like certain things about their heroes but they are definitely in the minority. If you don't like the music, fine, more power to ya, but much of this seems to go beyond just the music. But hey, enough of my yakkin', let's boogie.
10th March 2006 05:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Aerosmith is the greatest American hard rock band, period.<

Dude...that made me laugh so fuckin' hard that coffee shot outta my nose all over my keyboard!

In the pantheon of American rock n roll bands, I think I'd have Aerosmith somewhere around 127 or so. But hey, I gotta admit that they are way better than the Eagles. Of course, involuntary castration with rusty preschool craft scissors is better than the Eagles.....
10th March 2006 05:56 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

the small-mindedness of those who confuse fandom with exclusivity is distressing
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)