ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Decembers Children (and everybodys) Return to archive
03-07-04 11:15 AM
beer After endlessly listening to Exile and Beggars, i decided to throw on my Decembers Children record. This odd little masterpiece is amazing. Not one song even reaches the three minute point, but the variety and energy of this album are incredible. I'll even go so far as to say that i think "Get off my cloud" is a better single than "Satisfaction".
i don't even know who put this album together, maybe Oldham? anyway, it's one of my favorites.
it's even completely sloppy in some parts. plus its got 2 live songs.for a comp of various songs, i think this album stands impressively next to the classics.

Blue turns to grey...
03-07-04 11:21 AM
Scottfree Agreed
03-07-04 12:57 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
beer wrote:
I'll even go so far as to say that i think "Get off my cloud" is a better single than "Satisfaction".

You're wrong about that beer, but I respect your opinion. This is an amazingly coherent collection of throw togethereeze. I was rockin' "Talkin' Bout You" just 'tother day and it was sendin' me. It bears a number of remarkable similarities with its spiritual sister album "Flowers", a nother little American treasury I like a lot. . .
03-07-04 02:26 PM
rocky Hi ! This album (to me) is a misch mash of "rest of " live & ao stuff, to fill the gap.better choise is "UK" Out Of Our Heads, rocky
03-08-04 01:53 AM
stonedinaustralia nice choice beer

"She said Yeah" is a fanatstic rave-up - love keith's backing vox on that one - so much energy it's almost frightening
03-08-04 05:39 AM
Zack I agree with Rocky. I grew up loving DC, but the UK OOoH with many of the key tunes is a better album.

An exception is the Singer Not the Song, which is perhaps the greatest Brian-Keith weave of all time (another candidate: Off the Hook). And Blue Turns to Grey, which also falls through the cracks without DC. If I bought DC already having the UK OOoH and the Singles Collection remasters, it would be solely for BTTG.
03-08-04 07:14 AM
rocky hi,the uk version of "out of our heads "is only 30 min
so i filled the gap with tracks(all recorded 1965) so it's runs ca 76 min(incl the "got live ep) total,yeah i love "the singer not the song "too, rocky
03-08-04 05:07 PM
Prodigal Son The Stones overlooked gems stand up just as well as most album tracks from this period of 1964-67. Here's my ideal collection of The Best of the Rest, 1964-67:
I Want to Be Loved
Stoned
You Better Move on
Can I Get a Witness
Empty Heart
Off the Hook
What a Shame
Mercy Mercy
That's How Strong My Love is
Good Times
Sittin' on a Fence
Look What You've Done
Gotta Get Away
Blue Turns to Grey
Think
What to Do
Long Long While
Ride on, Baby
Please Go Home
She Smiled Sweetly
Yesterday's Papers
Citadel
The Lantern
There are many less praised songs that I left off solely because more interest has been given in recent times (that's most of Between the Buttons, December's Children and Rolling Stones Now!). That'd be a cool disc to put out to show casual Stones fans what the Stones were, and are, about at their base. Experimental innocent pop, R&B, soul, blues and plain old rock n' roll before the dark, hedonistic riff-laden rock they developed in 1968 became their signature sound.

But, in other news, I'm going to piece stuff from vinyl, bootleg, CD and cassette to burn onto recordable CDs to make a definitive Stones collection from 1963-83. Almost every track that isn't totally mediocre (ala half of Satanic Majesties, "Indian Girl," "Send it to Me," "Cherry Oh Baby," "Can You Hear the Music?") will go on it. THanks to new acquisitions I am able to do this from all possible sources and lump it into a huge Stones fest of wonderful music required for long car rides.

[Edited by Prodigal Son]

BEST VIEWED HIGH