ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One of this year's coolest ideas! Return to archive
03-05-04 08:05 AM
FotiniD Posted at Shidoobee:

-----------------------------------------------------------
JUMPIN' FOR JACK

Johnny Depp can't wait to reprise his Oscar-nominated role as Capt. Jack Sparrow in next year's "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel, tentatively titled "Treasures of the Lost Abyss" -- and reportedly wants the man who inspired him, Keith Richards, to play his father. "I went through a decompression period after the film," Depp says. "You miss the guy. The only thing that was in the back of my mind was the hope that there would be a sequel some day, so that I could meet him again."
-----------------------------------------------------------

My God, can you just PICTURE this? How great would it be? I don't know how credible the article is (I don't know where it was first-posted) but hey, you can go wrong having Keith playing a pirate, especially Jack Sparrow's dad

Egon, maybe then you'll see the similarity!

And the "decompression period"... So that explains all the slow, heavy accent in his latest interviews, lol
03-05-04 08:12 AM
LadyJane Lot of discussion on this topic over at Doug's Board. I think it's a GREAT idea. I see a small cameo role for Keef. Nothing that would detract from Stones recording/tour.

Brilliant!!

LJ.
03-05-04 09:03 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Lot of discussion on this topic over at Doug's Board. I think it's a GREAT idea. I see a small cameo role for Keef. Nothing that would detract from Stones recording/tour.

Yeah, I'm also thinking if there are actually plans for this and Keith agrees, it would be for a small part, here and there in the film... I don't think he'd like to go through the whole film-shooting process And of course that wouldn't detract him from any Stones recording/tour plans, I think people have gone a little crazy over this at Doug's. It's not like a LOTR Trilogy for crying out loud!

So I say, bring on the pirate Can't wait to see this coming true!
03-08-04 01:35 PM
quackenbush Wouldn't it be funny if Keith were a more successful actor than Mick.
03-08-04 02:02 PM
jb Keith needs to practice his chords, not his lines, which are pretty palyed out at this point.
03-08-04 02:10 PM
Monkey Woman Too true, jb! But I'm sure Keith himself has no illusion about his acting abilities. Now, it would be pretty cool to see our Keef in a little pirate cameo. That would make a nice tribute from Johnny Depp and it'd be worth a chuckle, at least! Arrr, matey!!!
03-08-04 02:14 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Too true, jb! But I'm sure Keith himself has no illusion about his acting abilities. Now, it would be pretty cool to see our Keef in a little pirate cameo. That would make a nice tribute from Johnny Depp and it'd be worth a chuckle, at least! Arrr, matey!!!

You are a lovely french woman.
03-08-04 02:17 PM
Monkey Woman And you are a nice Jewish gentleman, jb! You're welcome. BTW, how are the kids? Growing up to be Stones fans, I hope!
03-08-04 02:18 PM
Joey

What makes SS so damn serious ?!?!?!?!

Please ..............I's needs to knows !

Joey ( Not Serious )
03-08-04 02:19 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

You are a lovely french woman.

Yes she is..and also extremely intelligent and articulate.

LJ.
03-08-04 02:25 PM
jb The kids are "all right" thank you.....
03-08-04 02:26 PM
Joey " The kids are "all right" thank you..... "

You make Joey smile .
03-08-04 02:31 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The kids are "all right" thank you..... "

You make Joey smile .

I remember seeing the Who at Joe Robbie Stadium in 89 several months before the Stones came to the Orange Bowl. I recall a fairly lenghty encore set with my favorite being a rendition of "Hey Joe".
03-08-04 02:33 PM
Joey " recall a fairly lenghty encore set with my favorite being a rendition of "Hey Joe". "

Yes , Pete wailed on that one in Kansas City during the 1989 " Vegas " tour .

What ?!?!?! Oh , sure :

www.thewholive.de

Jacky T.
03-08-04 02:36 PM
Joey http://www.thewholive.de/1989/

Hey , they played Joe Robbie right before the " Midwestern Leg " .

03-08-04 02:45 PM
jb Indeed....that was their last really big tour...a great show and I never will understand why Kenny Jones was not given the respect he was due...he sounded fine to me...
[Edited by jb]
03-08-04 02:52 PM
Joey " never will understand why Kenny Jones was not given the respect he was due...he sounded fine to me... "

Kenny Jones was able to re-create the Who's material very very well on stage .

However , in the studio , he was unable to chart any new territory .

It didn't help that Pete Townshend saved all of his best songs for his solo discs and that Roger Daltrey began to point the finger at Kenny for the abysmal " Face Dances " and " It's Hard " . Roger refused to work with Kenny for the 1989 " Reunion " tour .

For an " in-Depth " analysis of just how poor the writing was for those two WHO Albums , please see Maxy's " It's Friday Night " thread .

Shiver .......................................................

Jacky Jo Jones !

BEST VIEWED HIGH