ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Telecaster replacement bridge ? Return to archive
03-05-04 02:53 AM
Mathijs I have a question for all guitar players around: Keith changed the standard bridge of his early fifties Telecasters in 1979 to modern 6-saddle units. Until now I have alays thought the replacement units were made by Schaller -but I am unable to find any information about these bridges. Did Schaller indeed made these bridges, or are the replacements by another manufacturer?

Mathijs
03-05-04 09:53 AM
jb
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
I have a question for all guitar players around: Keith changed the standard bridge of his early fifties Telecasters in 1979 to modern 6-saddle units. Until now I have alays thought the replacement units were made by Schaller -but I am unable to find any information about these bridges. Did Schaller indeed made these bridges, or are the replacements by another manufacturer?

Mathijs

03-05-04 09:54 AM
nankerphelge MIAMI — Miami Beach Mayor David Dermer (search) comes from a long line of hard-core Democratic Jewish voters but he says come November, he's casting his ballot for President Bush.

"I believe very much in the core values of the Democratic Party but at this time I think President Bush should be our president," said Dermer, who took office shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

And with eight months to go before the 2004 election, Republicans are urging Democratic Jews in battleground states to give the sitting president a second look.

"We have believed from the beginning that there are legions of Republicans everywhere and they just don't know it yet," said Mark Racicot, Bush's campaign chairman. "We need to give them a chance to become part of the process."

A poll taken in November by the American Jewish Committee (search) shows that Bush's support among Jews is at 31 percent — up from 24 percent in 2000.

Democrats say most of the Jewish voting bloc will remain solidly in their column, but many acknowledge that in a tight race, every vote will count.

"If the race is razor tight the way we now imagine it to be then this kind of shift, if it happens, could have profound consequences," said David Twersky of the nonpartisan American Jewish Congress (search).

03-05-04 09:58 AM
jb Nanker, I went to school with David Dermer in 7th and 8th grade. We attended "Hebrew Academy" om Miami Beach. He is a fellow lawyer and I am surprised he is votong for Bush as obviously, Jews are traditionally solidly behind the democrats. I find myself conflicted as well due to W's strong support for the Jewish state....
03-05-04 10:06 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Nanker, I went to school with David Dermer in 7th and 8th grade. We attended "Hebrew Academy" om Miami Beach. He is a fellow lawyer and I am surprised he is votong for Bush as obviously, Jews are traditionally solidly behind the democrats. I find myself conflicted as well due to W's strong support for the Jewish state....

{{{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?!?!?! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

YOU ARE A JEW LIKE ME !!!!!! That means my Brother you are a Democrat who is for civil rights and worships at the altar of one Lyndon B. Johnson ( Please See the Pulitizer Prize winning Master of the Senate for further in-depth analysis )

" Stones Rule You Bastards !!! "

Joey ( He's already got his drinking shoes on for tonight folks )
03-05-04 10:11 AM
nankerphelge Sorry Joey, but jb appears to be ready to make the transition!
03-05-04 10:12 AM
Joey " Sorry Joey, but jb appears to be ready to make the transition! "

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

The Kid !
03-05-04 10:58 AM
steel driving hammer Just play the fucking Telebastard.

Stones rule all you Bastards.
03-05-04 11:00 AM
jb
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Just play the fucking Telebastard.

Stones rule all you Bastards.

Babie Steelie has phoned home(:
03-05-04 11:05 AM
steel driving hammer http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/schecter.htm
03-05-04 11:05 AM
Joey

MY Baby Steelie is BACK !!!!!!!!!!

Oh , Happy Happy Day Folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Joey ( VERY VERY CLOSE TO 7K Posts ! )
03-05-04 11:10 AM
voodoopug http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/images/82_schecter_gold_tor.jpg

Thats what I am playing now!
03-05-04 11:14 AM
Joey " Thats what I am playing now! "

I would like to nuzzle you !!!!
03-06-04 12:13 AM
FTELE52 Mathijs, I too had read awhile back that it was a schaller bridge. I believe it was in in a Guitar World magazine from the eighties.

On my tele I kept the vintage style bridge but put the Wilkinson adjustable brass saddles on there. Much better intonation than the vintage style and allows you to keep the vintage bridge plate on there. Check this link:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridges/Wilkinson_Adjustable_Compensated_Vintage_Tele_Bridge.html
03-09-04 08:31 AM
Mathijs Thanks for the Who link.

I do want to change the vintage unit, as the levered ridge on the side interferes with my right hand -I just can't get used to it! Therefore I want to change it to a modern style. Also, I am changing the pickups, as the originals (1977) pickups aren't really good, way too harsh sounding.

Mathijs

BEST VIEWED HIGH