ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lenny Kravitz's new album mentions Mick Jagger (SSC) Return to archive
03-04-04 09:04 PM
Monkey Woman From RollingStone.com

Lenny Kravitz Gets Baptized

New album features guest vocal by Jay-Z

Minister of rock

"I haven't been outside in days," says Lenny Kravitz while lounging in a basement studio at New York's Hotel Edison. "I've been here eighteen hours a day."
Kravitz has finished mixing Baptism (due May 18th), his seventh album and first since 2001's Lenny, which proved a singularly personal effort: He wrote the songs while crashing at a buddy's New York apartment, then played all the instruments and produced the entire album while staying at the Edison.

"Duke Ellington recorded here, and we took this place over because it was the last classic room in New York," he says. "I kept it really focused -- just guitar, bass and drums, plus keyboard and strings on a couple of songs."

Among the standout tracks are the guitar-heavy "I Don't Want to Be a Star," which mentions both struggles with loneliness and partying with Bob Dylan and Mick Jagger, and the first single, "Minister of Rock n' Roll," a psychedelic, Moog-driven stomper with big-rock swagger. "Retired" rapper Jay-Z also lends his voice to "Storm."

Baptism track list:

Minister of Rock 'N Roll
I Don't Want to Be a Star
Lady
Calling All Angels
California
Sistamamalover
Where Are We Runnin'?
Baptized
Flash
What Did I Do With My Life?
Storm
The Other Side
Destiny

CHRISTIAN HOARD
(March 4, 2004)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/printer_friendly.asp?nid=19420&cf=105
03-04-04 10:39 PM
Steel Wheels "Like Mick Jagger said I can't get no satisfaction" Tone Loc

"I want lips like Mick Jagger, and Keith Richards' swagger" Some early 90's band

03-05-04 02:48 AM
Mathijs "people like Mick Jagger walk with a dagger" - Urban Dance Squad.

Mathijs
03-05-04 11:09 AM
Nasty Habits "We don't smoke the same cigarettes as Mick Jagger. The end."

The Forgotten Rebels

03-05-04 11:11 AM
Snappy McJack "We act so greedy, makes me sick, sick, sick.."

-The Rolling Stones
03-07-04 02:15 AM
Soul Survivor "She drinks her blood from a jagged edge"

Jimi Hendrix - Dolly Dagger

He wrote this line because he was at a party with Mick. Mick cut his finger and Jimi's girlfriend sucked the blood out of Mick's finger; hence the line...

BEST VIEWED HIGH