ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones - Sat Night Live 1978 on Paramount 2 (UK) NOW! Return to archive
03-03-04 06:51 PM
Gazza On channel 128, Paramount 2, you can see a rerun now of the 7.10.78 edition of Saturday Night Live featuring the Stones
03-03-04 06:55 PM
Jumacfly thank you gazza,i m a little insomniac tonight but i haven t got this channel....only a stupid and ugly erotic movie and a most stupid blockbuster from hollywood...what a choice !!!
03-03-04 06:57 PM
Monkey Woman Wasn't that the time Mick kissed Ronnie on the lips?
03-03-04 06:58 PM
Jumacfly what a great moment! where the boys go...
03-03-04 07:00 PM
Gazza It sure is. He also sang the line in "respectable" as "dont fuck my wife" which I guess you could say was a payback from the time he had to change the words on Ed Sullivan.

They've just shown Mick's interview with Dan Aykroyd (as Tom Snyder). Hopefully they'll show the "cheeseboiger" skit and all 3 Stones songs (which were performed back to back, and during which Mick's voice gets more hoarse by the second)
[Edited by Gazza]
03-03-04 07:38 PM
Gazza In the end, they showed two of the three Stones songs ("Beast Of Burden" and "Shattered" - missing out the middle song, "Respectable" which featured the 'snog' with Ronnie)and didnt show the 'cheeseburger' sketch (which features small cameos from Charlie and Ronnie).

I know these reruns are edited versions (about 55 mins minus some commercial breaks) but the missing two Stones inserts would have been better than the three or four lacklustre comedy skits they DID show. Ah well,it is a comedy channel after all,so I guess the sketches take preference.
03-03-04 08:51 PM
Mr Jimmy What a great memory and a good reason to join this message board. Please be kind to me fellow Stones fans because I'm here for a good time. I haven't seen that episode since it first aired, tick - tick - tick, but I remember it like it was just yesterday. Too bad they cut Respectable... that was a classic performance for American network tv. I'll never forget Dan Ackroyd's impersonation of Tom Snyder impersonating Mick. Funny stuff indeed.

It's great to be here and I look forward to lots more rockin' & rollin' from the boys. It's the rollin' part that makes them better than anyone else out there.
03-03-04 09:10 PM
Scot Rocks Shit I missed it!
03-04-04 02:06 AM
marko Did anyone burn it to dvd?
03-04-04 02:54 AM
fmk438j Just to point out Mr Jimmy is not the mr jimmy I post as at keno's.....

no big deal
03-04-04 01:03 PM
stewed & Keefed Missed it
03-04-04 06:24 PM
corgi37 Currently down loading Respectable from Winmx. Got about 1/2 way through last Sunday, but havent got any more since. So frustrating. On further good news, i'm up to 28% on the 76 Abbatoir show!

BEST VIEWED HIGH