ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Album Apparently To Be Recorded In Barbados Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-03-04 01:12 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan New Album..Tour...I'll take whatever they give...and Have a little Faith in Ronnie people, he can do it, he has before. Those guys are not going to change thier ways, But they know what they have to do and when it comes time to Rock N Roll they always come thru!(they have had much practice!) And I hate to say it lol but I like that song Keys to Your Love, Mick sounds like an Angel! But Keith your still the "coolest" baby!ahahahha Peace Stones Fans!
03-03-04 06:58 AM
nankerphelge Well the news of a new release and a tour got my blood boilin yesterday. Of course, the near 70 degree weather didn't hurt.

I cranked Sticky Fingers all the way home. I announced the splendid news to my family, apologized for having to leave them again in the fall, put on some more Stones, and proceeded to get extremely happy!

My head is killing me this morning!

03-03-04 09:37 AM
parmeda Suck it up and take the pain, Nanky!
03-03-04 09:40 AM
Some Guy Nanker- me too, I was jamming to Exile, drinking and a smoking!
03-03-04 09:49 AM
nankerphelge Yeah buddy! We's both jammin' to the good news!!

I am sucking up the pain -- my office is like 110 degrees with the morning sun shining thru and making my eyes crack!

I just ate a very dry bagle to see if there is any chance my stomach will forgive me. It's not looking good!

No Newcastles today -- at least, not until the end of this post....
03-03-04 09:57 AM
Zeeta You need a full English breakfast mate! Nothing better to sort out a hangover:

Even has Black pudding or (more accurately in its description!) blood sausage as US people call it!

Don't it look tasty Nanky!?!??!?

Then after this you will be ready for a WHOLE lot of Newcastles!!!
03-03-04 10:02 AM
nankerphelge Yeah Zeet --- the bagel sucked!

I need greasy bacon and fried potatos -- maybe some eggs too!!

03-03-04 10:19 AM
Factory Girl Nanky, do the breakfast dash to McDs.
03-03-04 10:27 AM
nankerphelge You know -- of all the stuff within walking distance here in Reston, they haven't got a McDonalds! WTF???

I luv their steak/egg/cheese bagels!
That's hangover food!

03-03-04 10:30 AM
Joey " No Newcastles today "

" -- at least, not until the end of this post.... "

******** WHEW ****************

Jazzy !

03-03-04 10:31 AM
LadyJane I'm telling you..we all need to invest in that Chaser stuff. I do believe Some Guy gave it his approval.

LJ.
03-03-04 10:33 AM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm telling you..we all need to invest in that Chaser stuff. I do believe Some Guy gave it his approval.

LJ.

03-03-04 10:33 AM
nankerphelge What I need to do is take my eyes out of their sockets and down to the local Red Cross Bloodmobile, where they can squeeze them like Florida oranges and extract the roughly 8 gallons of blood in them!

03-03-04 10:35 AM
Joey " where they can squeeze them like Florida oranges and extract the roughly 8 gallons of blood in them! "

03-03-04 10:44 AM
Factory Girl Nanky, try putting cucumber slices on your eyes...rotfl. That is a long standing remedy for puffy eyes...

Or, use Visine!
03-03-04 10:44 AM
Joey " Nanky, try putting cucumber slices on your eyes...rotfl. That is a long standing remedy for puffy eyes...

Or, use Visine! "

03-03-04 11:59 AM
mickmask A hard rocker would be the ticket,but mix it up a little and for a few anyway, stay true to their blues... a necessary mix to catch the attention of this generation. They want very "in your face" lyrics. (As a fresh faced, loaded, 17 yr. old said as he put his arm around me at the Skydome last year... "I came here to see NO DOUBT.. but f...k, these guys rock!!") ... kinda says it all. Fish 'em in boys!!
03-03-04 12:18 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
mickmask wrote:
(As a fresh faced, loaded, 17 yr. old said as he put his arm around me at the Skydome last year... "I came here to see NO DOUBT.. but f...k, these guys rock!!") ... kinda says it all. Fish 'em in boys!!

Very cool story! Just give them a straight dose of Stones and those kids will be hooked!
03-03-04 02:09 PM
mickmask I then ceramoniously pinned my flashing lips on him , shook his hand and said "Congratulations honey, you have been officially STONED!"....and you'll never come down again.
03-03-04 02:35 PM
Snappy McJack The Stones aren't going to do anything "In Your Face".

They are going to write sappy lyrics like:

"..I thought you were dinner, but you were the shark, Stealing My Heart..."

"No matter where I go baby, we're not too far apart...I got the Keys to Your Love, I got the secret of your heart..."

"...Losing my touch, way way way way way way way way way way way way too much, baby get me outta here.."

Are those lyrics from the ROLLING STONES? The guys that wrote "I stick a gun in your face" or "We're talkin' heroin with the President" or even "I love you dirty fucker.."?

No fuckin' way!
03-03-04 03:51 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
You need a full English breakfast mate! Nothing better to sort out a hangover:

Even has Black pudding or (more accurately in its description!) blood sausage as US people call it!

Don't it look tasty Nanky!?!??!?

PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT IS ALL ON THAT PLATE!

03-03-04 06:22 PM
Some Guy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm telling you..we all need to invest in that Chaser stuff. I do believe Some Guy gave it his approval.

LJ.

it works!!
03-03-04 09:28 PM
Scot Rocks Zeeta you bastard you just made me hungry in the early hours of the morning!! lol

Great news about the album rumours, It has be more stripped down though, loud rocking guitars none of the over prodction that has been inflicted on some recent stones work.

Mark
03-03-04 09:46 PM
Bloozehound Correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't the Stones said they recorded around 30 new songs when they went into the studio before 40 Licks came out & then only released 4 of those songs on the 40 Licks set?
Didn't they also say they had enough material from these sessions to make an album?
They've been sittin on 20+ songs all this time or what?
What the hell do they have to do in Barbados?
Maybe the material isn't up to snuff?
Make with the goods already.
03-04-04 03:20 AM
Zack I'll believe it when I hear they are all in one place among recording equipment. As for the 30 things they did in Paris, I think the fact that they could only muster four finished songs with such weak lyrics speaks to the quality of the material. That said, I don't think they had much when they got together in Barbados in 89 (except Hold on to Your Hat and Almost Hear You Sigh I think). Didn't that one take four months? It was only because the tour was planned.

So in a BEST case scenario we will have something by fall. As for the tour, Licks went on way longer than originally planned. They're not long enough off the road to start really seriously thinking about another one, so that pressure to get an album finished isn't and won't be there. In any case, I'm not holding my breff, although I'm cautiously optimistic.
03-04-04 12:20 PM
Zeeta
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

The finest shit mate!

Sausages - preferably cumberland

Black pudding - the black blood sausage good shit!

Tomatoes - on the pic they are tinned but fried fresh tomatoes are preferable

Mushrooms - fried

bread - ditto

baked beans - Heinz if available

Hash Browns - potato cakes

Bacon - I prefer streaky

Fried egg - free range

Accompanied by a pot of breakfast tea and fresh orange!

Whooooooooo!
03-04-04 02:18 PM
Bloozehound I've always heard Americans complain about English food, but I have to say, that breakfast plate looks scrumptous, my kinda meal.
What's in that blood sausage?
BTW Most English beers(ales, stouts, porters) I've tried I couldn't complain about either, no sirrrrrie.
03-04-04 02:47 PM
caro Fried bread is a great invention. Almost as great as Tap-and-Unwrap-chocolate-oranges!

Back to topic -- Patti is in Paris right now : she was at one of the fashion shows. Neither Alex nor Theodora were with her, so obviously, she didn't come to look after her aspiring-model kids. So chances are she came to look after her album-writing husband! That would be great...
[Edited by caro]
03-04-04 03:05 PM
gotdablouse I don't think they had anything apart from "Almost Hear You Sigh" when they arrived at Eddie Grant's studios in Barbados in 1989.

The difference at the time (and probably the reason they got cracksing) was that they couldn't even fathom touring on the old hits, obviously they no longer have that problem :-(

Timewise they're late already though, the writing was finished by mid-february and the band started the recording process in March...and the album came out in September...so it's going to be hard to get something out in 2004.
03-05-04 12:33 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't the Stones said they recorded around 30 new songs when they went into the studio before 40 Licks came out & then only released 4 of those songs on the 40 Licks set?
Didn't they also say they had enough material from these sessions to make an album?
They've been sittin on 20+ songs all this time or what?
What the hell do they have to do in Barbados?
Maybe the material isn't up to snuff?
Make with the goods already.

Almost every time The Stones record for any legnthy amount of time they usually write 30-60 songs. Many are not whole songs, many are just jams that are not 110% finished and polished, and many are not up to snuff for album release.
Many recordings are just riffs, a few hooks, or an idea.
I have a feeling alot of the Licks recordings were things that I have listed above. I am sure the Stones don't have 30 album ready tunes just waiting to be mastered. It doesn't work like that. Although, I am sure they have alot of ideas and unfinished business form the Licks recordings in Paris and the time they have spent on the road. Something will come out of all of this.
Ian
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH