ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Album Apparently To Be Recorded In Barbados Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-29-04 07:34 PM
MidnightRambler According to a IORR's Tell Me Forum, Bobby Keys mentioned how an album is in the works in the Carribean. Mick and Keith are to organize ideas there, too.
02-29-04 07:49 PM
luxury1 oooooh baby.
02-29-04 08:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Wait... does this mean Keith's leaving Turks & Caicos right as I'm getting there?

Damn! I wanted to have a drink with him. Or across the bar from him. Or on the same set of islands as him.

Oh well. At least I'll enjoy the sun and sand and so forth.

Hmm. Maybe I'll bring my guitar and finish the demos for my band's album (coming in May - get ready - two tSYX originals are already in the live rotation with several more being prepped for the album - shameless plug over), since it seems the Stones do well enough down there.

-tSYX --- Sad, sad, sad, butcha gonna be fyyyyyne...
02-29-04 08:23 PM
LadyJane YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!!

LJ.
02-29-04 08:50 PM
ResidentMule oh man I hope this is all true
02-29-04 09:13 PM
IanBillen
I am assuming that the detail will be worked out about a new album in Barbados. This usually happens as of late for
the Stones. However, I think they write songs in Barbadoes and discuss future Rolling Stones plans but I think they will actually record the album somewhere eles as usual or as of the last 3 Stones albums.
02-29-04 09:17 PM
Angiegirl I guess you're right Ian. Barbados seems like the perfect place and atmospere for brainstorming and decision making. I wouldn't mind to do some brainstorming on Barbados... sigh.
03-01-04 02:06 AM
ResidentMule speaking of Bobby Keys and the new album.. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some standout moments on it - its done a lot more in the past to add to the richness of their records than Ronnie's just-OK soloing. I hate to see them be the type of band that thinks the only type of solo is a guitar, or occasional harmonica solo (noto that I think this is anything to worry about in this band). just saying it worked on Sticky Fingers - how bout a nice sax solo on one of the main album tracks (not tucked away in one of Keith's ballads - I mean like for a single)
03-01-04 02:57 AM
FotiniD
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
According to a IORR's Tell Me Forum, Bobby Keys mentioned how an album is in the works in the Carribean. Mick and Keith are to organize ideas there, too.

Pirates of the Caribbean Part 2!

Are you guys taking these news pretty cool or is it cause it's still early in the morning (at least where I am)? I guess we wouldn't want to get our spirits up over this if it's just another rumour, but hey, even if it is, it's the nicest I've heard in a while!

So bring it on boys! And Keith, I want a rocker this time. Savvy?
03-01-04 03:38 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I guess you're right Ian. Barbados seems like the perfect place and atmospere for brainstorming and decision making. I wouldn't mind to do some brainstorming on Barbados... sigh.

How true my fair Angiewoman.
I wouldn't mind doing anything thing in Barbadoes, just... get us there.
Ian
03-01-04 03:41 AM
IanBillen
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
speaking of Bobby Keys and the new album.. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some standout moments on it - its done a lot more in the past to add to the richness of their records than Ronnie's just-OK soloing. I hate to see them be the type of band that thinks the only type of solo is a guitar, or occasional harmonica solo (noto that I think this is anything to worry about in this band). just saying it worked on Sticky Fingers - how bout a nice sax solo on one of the main album tracks (not tucked away in one of Keith's ballads - I mean like for a single)

Ahhh what the hell. I guess I'll have to go down there and make sure all goes we'll for us.
Ian
03-01-04 03:46 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan HAVING A DRINK WITH KEITH OR HAVING ANYTHING WITH KEITH SOUNDS DAMN GOOD TO ME! SHOULD I SAY THAT IN FRONT OF RONNIE? OOPS SORRY WOODY!
03-01-04 04:54 AM
Ronnie B. Wood HELL YEAH!
03-01-04 05:17 AM
Moonisup that would be funny
03-01-04 07:33 AM
FotiniD Found at Stonedoug's board, part of an LA Times interview / article on Oscars & Keith:
----------------------------------------------------------
Stones singer Mick Jagger, 60, who has known Richards since the pair were 10, hasn't weighed in, but the band is gathering in France next week to discuss a possible fall tour, "and I'll probably get a snide comment," Richards said.
----------------------------------------------------------

Two or more "good" rumours in one day, hmm... I think we can certainly say that part of the year is here again: time for pre-tour frenzy!! Ooh I love it!
03-01-04 08:17 AM
LadyJane So which is it...a Fall tour ala No Security or a new album? I'm ectastic either way...but I'm rooting for a new album!!

LJ.
03-01-04 08:17 AM
egon don't want to be negative and i really would like a new album, but 'don't stop' is still banging in my head like the hangover you get from drinking cheap wine.
03-01-04 08:22 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Pirates of the Caribbean Part 2!

Are you guys taking these news pretty cool or is it cause it's still early in the morning (at least where I am)? I guess we wouldn't want to get our spirits up over this if it's just another rumour, but hey, even if it is, it's the nicest I've heard in a while!

So bring it on boys! And Keith, I want a rocker this time. Savvy?

LOL Pirates of the Caribbean 2 hahah
Be great wouyldn't it???
What am I doing A NEW ALBUM!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING THE ROLLING STONES COULD DO RIGHT NOW !!!! I WILL WAIT ALL NIGHT IN A QUEUE TO GET A COPY OF IT ON ITS RELEASE!
03-01-04 08:29 AM
Moonisup
quote:
egon wrote:
don't want to be negative and i really would like a new album, but 'don't stop' is still banging in my head like the hangover you get from drinking cheap wine.

well I was listening to the Jagger song : War baby

"I was born in a war, so they call me a war baby"
a live version with a lot of matt clifford, now that BAD!

rik
03-01-04 08:33 AM
LadyJane Don't Stop has become a classic....it's a great song.

C'mon people...we get some GREAT news for a Monday Morning and already the negative remarks begin.

LJ.
03-01-04 08:37 AM
egon i remember when B2B came out. I was on holiday the day they released it.

I went to virgin (in Marseille of all places). they have those "listen point" and sure enough one of them was playing B2B.

I put on that headset and for the next hour or so I was gone. because we didn't have a cd player in the car I listen to almost the whole thing.
that was until my friend got annoyed and pointed out that i could also buy it on cassette...

Now THAT feeling i want again.

I'm already in Marseille, so BRING - IT - ON !!!
03-01-04 08:39 AM
egon
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Don't Stop has become a classic....it's a great song.
LJ.

LJ, i have nothing but love for you, but...

stop the crazy talk

03-01-04 08:39 AM
nankerphelge As soon as I read "tour" -- the tingle hit!

The hairs on the neck stand up!

The heart flutters a bit!

Tingle tingle!!

And a new release too!!

Oh yeah -- 2004-05 is gonna rock!

03-01-04 08:48 AM
scope
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
So which is it...a Fall tour ala No Security or a new album? I'm ectastic either way...but I'm rooting for a new album!!

LJ.

Think big. A tour in support of a new album!
03-01-04 08:54 AM
FotiniD
quote:
scope wrote:

Think big. A tour in support of a new album!

I like your way of thinking scope

Being so happy with the last tour, I had totally forgotten the whole new album thing, but tell you, now that things are starting to heat up, oh baby, I would surely love new material. And if they do get around to giving us a new record, I got this totally unexplained yet definite feeling it's going to be much better than B2B. I mean, I can see it already Hmmm... My Stones 6th sense is back, I'm doing alright! See, we only needed to change from winter to spring and things are looking beautiful again.
03-01-04 09:06 AM
nankerphelge This is the longest spell ever without a Stones release.

Dirty Work to Steel Wheels was just 3 years.
Steel Wheels to VL was 5 years.
B2B was '97 -- 7 years since a true, new release!

Hope they have a lot of pent up Stonesian energy bubblin' inside!!!
03-01-04 10:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
This is the longest spell ever without a Stones release.

Absense/abstinence makes the heart grow fonder?
03-01-04 03:29 PM
Some Guy Lets do this!!
03-01-04 05:42 PM
Fiji Joe Wasn't Dirty Work born in Barbados?...Blah, send them boys to Montana to "brainstorm"
03-01-04 05:49 PM
MRD8 It took you all most of the day to figure out that they will release a NEW album then they will play some shows in the U.S. in September and South America in October in support of their NEW album...then they will come back to the U.S. early in '05 then do the rest of the world!
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH