ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Friday Night..... Return to archive
02-27-04 09:19 PM
Maxlugar It’s Friday Night…..

Do you know where your Stones are?

I sure as shit knows where mines is.

Greeting from Incomparable Oyster Bay, NY. The sky is clear and crisp and the air has begun to sparkle with explosive offerings of Stones!

I’ve poured myself a strong one and poured myself into my Lotus Couch. I came right down to the STACdM and took a shot of Makers Mark. It gets rid of the evil Work Spirits. It clears the palette for Stones.

I stare at the CD list and have listener’s block. Should I play Welcome to Phoenix? Should I play Welcome to Australia? Should I play Welcome to NY? Welcome to my nightmare! There’s an overwhelming amount of Stones here in my Sony 400 disk player. So much great music! So many songs! . Oooo, I’m getting wet.

As I choose Welcome to Australia, I reflect back on another week of corporate ass licking and backstabbing and think if it were not for Stones, Macky would implode. Poor Macky. But at least by the time I get to that Mama and her being a Tent Show Queen (and all her boyfriends being sweet 16), it’ll all be gone. Poof. Stones are good like that.

Thank God for Friday. It couldn’t get here soon enough this week. Friday allows me to leave these boot licking bottom dwellers for two days and replenish my soul. There is no light between their bellies and the earth. They are the gray people. Not like Macky at all. Those Self Evaluation writin’, Tongue up the bosses ass stickin’, knife in the back shovin’, sitting at their desk pretending to work after five because their manager is still there scammin’, “Didja have a good weekend” in the morning on Monday spewin’, “Let’s have 20 meetings a week to discuss the next meeting babblin’, fill out these sixteen forms to get a new email Id psychotic episode causin’, the higher you go up that ladder, the more we see of your ass exposin’, “Hey, can I get that status report by the end of the day?” at 3:30PM blatherin’ idiot corporate scumbags. There’s got to be another way. Macky will find it.

From the moment I shoved myself inside the 2 train at the Wall St station I’ve been looking forward to drink and do Stones. I stand shoulder to shoulder with the dirty unknowing hordes of loser scum who don’t have any Stones. Their gray, sullen expressions tell me this. Poor bastard filth! “That expensive Armani suit does not hide the fact you are a dickless, Stonesless, soiled piece of maggot shit, Mr. Executive! Look at me! I’m a shiny deity of a man on the way home to do Stones in my STACdM!”, I think to myself, quite correctly..

So I try not to touch them. For, they sicken me.

It is home I seek. Come to me, my Stones. Come to me! It likes the Stones! My PREEEECIOUS!!!!

Couldn’t wait to get home and do Stones and play with the Maxlette. I’ve done the latter now it’s time for the former. She’s gonna be a great Stones partner some day. I think of how perfect she is and how great my sperm is. If only my sperm was here right now. I’d hug and kiss it and shake its hand. But it is more often than not in my wife’s vagina lately. It’s cool. Gotta make another baby.

Anyway, it’s all Stones tonight.

The hell with the Beatles...

The Who can lick my balls...

Led Zeppelin can blow me...

Styx can pick the strands of spinach out of my stool.

Not tonight boys.

Oh dear Stonesicles! This long cold winter has to end. The second Al Gore endorsed Global Warming the earth seemed to have cooled off. The Stones better hope they are not in a plane if Al Gore ever endorses them. Soon I will be laying out the boat and floating it into that chilly early spring harbor water. “Laying Out” is, for you landlubbers, when you de-winterize your boat for usage again. You’re welcome.

Soon I will be pulling Blues and Bass out of the bay and cranking reggae. Soon some of my C10 brothers will join Macky on his swank-ass Larson. Shiver! We can play Swift Boat and run it aground to kill mortally wounded Vietcong. Just like John Kerry!

I am fraying at the edges my friends. To take the edge off tonight, I will listen and watch much Stones.

I...

...will watch Keith Richards on the Dick Clark Presents show with Jerry Lee Lewis and Mick Fleetwood. Sweet.

...will play Decembers Children. Loudly. Choice.

...will hoist my glass high and toast the Stones at certain parts of songs I find particularly exhilarating. Appropriate.

... Will find myself making my Hi-Fi louder and louder with each drink and each album. Zoink!

...will stumble into bed somewhere around 2:00AM with a Stones listenin’ grin plastered to my red alcoholic face while my wife suppresses the urge to divorce me. BIFF!

YES!

I was watching the LA 1975 video with the Maxlette last night and a thought jumped into my head; Ollie Brown had the best vantage point of anyone in the history of Stones shows. He is very tall and standing behind Charlie Watts on the drum platform. He saw it all! Has anyone spoken to Ollie about this lately? Someone get Ollie on the phone.

Seeing Keith in that head to toe black leather outfit is nothing short of seeing the template of what a generation of Rock Guitar gods wanted to look like. And Ronnie was really playing. When Keith does a solo there is Ronnie, picking up the rhythm with some nice nasty chord chopping. Where is that playing these days? Word has it he played with Rod “Scummy Tummy” Stewart last night. Does anyone know if he played well?

Speaking of Guitar God’s, I implore you all to get Jeff Beck’s newest release found only here www.jeffbeckbootlegs.com. The man is simply showing the way it’s done. STILL. This is a show he did at BB Kings place in wonderful New York City last year. There are samples that I’m sure we ALL can agree make the testicle tonic fizz with excitement!

That’s it my Stonesian kinfolk. Gotta go rock.

Please be safe tonight!

Drink heavily, but at home!

And, of course, Listen to The Rolling Stones; The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World. They were put here by God just for you. Don’t piss him off!

Your pal,

Maxy!
02-27-04 09:23 PM
mac_daddy nice one MaxLugar! did the discs I sent you arrive in time for your Friday night listening enjoyment..? if not, they should certainly be there in time Saturday surprise
02-27-04 09:31 PM
LadyJane Perhaps only those of us who have actually seen the Stones perform live understand the Stonesian musings of Mr. Maxlugar.

Raising my glass to you Max...and all the hard workin people!!

LJ.

02-27-04 11:22 PM
Lavendar So well written Maxlugar and very understood!
02-28-04 12:05 AM
beer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Seeing Keith in that head to toe black leather outfit is nothing short of seeing the template of what a generation of Rock Guitar gods wanted to look like. And Ronnie was really playing. When Keith does a solo there is Ronnie, picking up the rhythm with some nice nasty chord chopping. Where is that playing these days?

you are correct Mr. Lugar. the old videos certainly show Ronnie playing like a champ. unfortunately, those days are well and gone.
while your post is upbeat and positive, i sense a sadness to it as well. i know you used to play guitar Maxluger. you need to once again. i fear you will never truely find happiness unless you get a guitar again. i remember your old avatar. young max playing the guitar. make young maxlugar live again. get that guitar.
02-28-04 08:35 AM
nankerphelge Maxy -- how many can fit into your swank-ass Larson?

I just don't want to get out in Long Island sound like the S.S. Minnow and then we hit a surprise storm and we are shipwrecked on some tiny island.

Everybody sing:

The Macky would be lost
The Macky would be lost

I don't think I could survive on the local flora in and around Long Island. It isn't like the tropics where you can eat coconuts and bananas. We'd have to eat acorns and dirt and stuff -- not very appealing in my mind.

We also should leave any life jackets home so we can fit more beer, doncha think??

I gotta go buy some cruise-wear!!

02-28-04 08:38 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat It is saturday afternoon.
02-28-04 09:39 AM
LadyJane Figures...TTM deleted all of his posts from last night. Now mine sounds stupid...So boys and girls...I was defending Maxy as TTM found his Friday post to be unintelligible or something to that effect!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
02-28-04 09:45 AM
egon no worries LJ. I read the whole thing
and maxy's post is indeed minty fresh
02-28-04 10:04 AM
Nasty Habits So how was it?

Did you go slip slip slippery slippery slip slip slip in your slipper?

02-28-04 12:45 PM
beer ten thousand hotels always talks alot of shit at night, then deletes it the next morning. which is kinda good cuz his posts usually make no sense anyway.
02-28-04 01:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
beer wrote:
ten thousand hotels always talks alot of shit at night, then deletes it the next morning. which is kinda good cuz his posts usually make no sense anyway.

Well, Beer I'd have to disagree with you on the percenatges. But yes I delete too much I guess. I kind of caught hell for that in the chat room a few months back by a poster...and slowed down on it. Because she was right I guess. But normally the deleted posts are irrelevant more than anything...not flames or anything. Even though I got carried away with the Brit bashing...that was wrong, and I'm sorry to any of Brits if they were offended. Anyway thanks for the post Beer.

02-28-04 02:01 PM
Angiegirl Maybe you should think before you post so you won't have to edit and delete stuff TTM. And it wasn't just the Brits you offended anyway. Get to an anger-management course or something dude.

Great post Maxy, I bet the Maxlette had sweet dreams after seeing the LA 75 images flashing by!
03-01-04 11:40 AM
Joey " They are the gray people. Not like Macky at all. Those Self Evaluation writin’, Tongue up the bosses ass stickin’, knife in the back shovin’, sitting at their desk pretending to work after five because their manager is still there scammin’, “Didja have a good weekend” in the morning on Monday spewin’, “Let’s have 20 meetings a week to discuss the next meeting babblin’, fill out these sixteen forms to get a new email Id psychotic episode causin’, the higher you go up that ladder, the more we see of your ass exposin’, “Hey, can I get that status report by the end of the day?” at 3:30PM blatherin’ idiot corporate scumbags. There’s got to be another way. Macky will find it. "

Oh , THIS is beautiful !!!!

YES !

" The Kid got new Material Ronnie ! "

D. J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca !
03-02-04 11:22 AM
Joey A REVIEW :

Maxy's musings are all but thrown away , tethered to a formula they've plainly outgrown . This post is basically an old Warhorse , loyally serving out its time in Harness to a Blinkered Determination : The Rolling Stones will stand , right up to the day they all collectively keel over backwards ( twenty / thirty years ) from now . Either that , or else this particular writing of Maxy's is a monument ; grand , stately and proud , but now caked in Pigeon Shit and completely ignored by a new generation of posters who populate Stones' Message Boards . Regardless , there must be other avenues found .....................

But I digress .................For it is but one word that comes to mind as I read this latest manifesto -- " Conceit " . Yet , the conceit requires a suspension of disbelief and reality : The MaxLugar as Statesman offering a set of mouldy memoirs , vague and Pig - Headed . Indeed , the words are unproductive and dogmatic , they stand in only one dimension , which is that of their own selfish and worthless world . They don't contribute to a dialogue at all , thus making it virtually impossible to imagine any sort of cogency or tension being mustered by the author .

I Thank You ALL for Your Time !

The Joey , Established 1999 !

Quality .................Visionary .................Joey !

03-02-04 11:47 AM
telecaster The return of Maxlugar and his wonderful posts on Friday night is like the return of spring itself

With joey and his posts being a little light in the loafers lately it truly is inspirational

Maxlugar is Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Tolstoy, Jefferson,
Franklin, Steinbeck, Tolkein, Machievelli, Jackie Collins,
Harold Robbins, Grisham and Dickens all rolled up into one gigantic ball of bourbon induced inspiration
[Edited by telecaster]
03-02-04 11:56 AM
Joey " The return of Maxlugar and his wonderful posts on Friday night is like the return of spring itself "

" With joey and his posts being a little light in the loafers lately it truly is inspirational "

" Maxlugar is Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Tolstoy, Jefferson,
Franklin, Steinbeck, Tolkein, Machievelli, Jackie Collins,
Harold Robbins, Grisham and Dickens all rolled up into one gigantic ball of bourbon induced inspiration "

Unbelievable

www.HackWriters.com

Jacky !
03-03-04 04:01 PM
Joey
{{{{{{{{ JACKY !!!! }}}}}}}}}}}}}
03-03-04 04:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Look Joey, Joey The Merciful, will you please allow this thread to go to page two and die it's natural death in the archives. Thanks...IN ADVANCE!
03-03-04 04:18 PM
Joey " Look Joey, Joey The Merciful, will you please allow this thread to go to page two and die it's natural death in the archives. Thanks...IN ADVANCE! "

I , Joey the Merciful , will grant you that wish .

However , it is going to cost you .....................

Developing .........................................

03-03-04 05:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
I , Joey the Merciful , will grant you that wish .

However , it is going to cost you .....................

No not that!!!...anything but THAT...just throw me over in that there briar patch...
03-03-04 05:45 PM
Joey " No not that!!!...anything but THAT...just throw me over in that there briar patch... "

Too late ....................the die has been CAST !!!!!!!

You've just sold your soul .

Now " UnZip " your trousers .

Spanky Spank !

03-03-04 05:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" No not that!!!...anything but THAT...just throw me over in that there briar patch... "

Too late ....................the die has been CAST !!!!!!!

You've just sold your soul .

Now " UnZip " your trousers .

Spanky Spank !

Well...you can't sell what you don't own.

03-04-04 09:23 AM
Joey

Two Words My Stonesian Brother :

Pigeon Shit !
03-05-04 10:02 AM
Joey
quote:
Joey wrote:
A REVIEW :

Maxy's musings are all but thrown away , tethered to a formula they've plainly outgrown . This post is basically an old Warhorse , loyally serving out its time in Harness to a Blinkered Determination : The Rolling Stones will stand , right up to the day they all collectively keel over backwards ( twenty / thirty years ) from now . Either that , or else this particular writing of Maxy's is a monument ; grand , stately and proud , but now caked in Pigeon Shit and completely ignored by a new generation of posters who populate Stones' Message Boards . Regardless , there must be other avenues found .....................

But I digress .................For it is but one word that comes to mind as I read this latest manifesto -- " Conceit " . Yet , the conceit requires a suspension of disbelief and reality : The MaxLugar as Statesman offering a set of mouldy memoirs , vague and Pig - Headed . Indeed , the words are unproductive and dogmatic , they stand in only one dimension , which is that of their own selfish and worthless world . They don't contribute to a dialogue at all , thus making it virtually impossible to imagine any sort of cogency or tension being mustered by the author .

I Thank You ALL for Your Time !

The Joey , Established 1999 !

Quality .................Visionary .................Joey !

03-07-04 04:32 PM
Joey WHY DOES HE BOTHER ????????????????????

( Another Review by THE JOEY : Dateline March 7th , 2004 )

Inchoate longings ....................You all remember inchoate longings ................................those incipient yearnings of yore when an individual could write with the purest of magic and fire the reader with crisp , compact musings whilst offering definitive evidence that burning out and rusting are by no means the only alternatives left to superannuated Stones' Message Board Posters . Well , ............ this latest effort by the MaxLugar is as far away from what posting must surely be as it is possible to get . Indeed , I could sense shadows and taunting remnants of times when Max was vital , when he was striking , angry and exploring . But this showcase is a deeply depressing and an unashamed rite of irrelevant , empty nostalgia and its unsatisfying , predictable triumph relying on past feats , the regressive belief of his flock and, most pathetically , props , gimmicks and his standard poses .

If readers were inspired by what those old posts of Maxy's once meant , it doesn't mean anything now . This is unnecessary nostalgia : Unforgivably clinging to the past ; a damning diversion of spirit -- anything but fine posting -- such a static , stagnant waste of energy leaves one frustrated close to tears , and when the darkness falls and the effects hit home , cynical close to hateful . Pity is probably the only true reaction . MaxLugar does not need to flop back -- He's already done everything that he needs to -- the challenges went a long time ago . All that's left are revival posts.

Maxy's post is an appalling exhibition of complacancy . So Sad. So Unnecessary .

Thank You All For Your Time Today !

The Joey , Established 1999

Quixotic ..............Visionary ..............Joey

BEST VIEWED HIGH