ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Michael Cohl Comment Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-27-04 11:21 AM
quackenbush What the heck does Mr. Cohl mean by this comment in reference to the success of the Rolling Stones' Flicks tour:

"There are things we could do better, more efficiently," says tour promoter Michael Cohl, who has worked with the band since 1989's Steel Wheels tour. "Some of the guys on the road with us are in their fifties, and they hit the road with us every time -- and that costs money. But we choose to be smart in other places."
02-27-04 12:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]quackenbush wrote:

I think he means the bottom line could have been higher....the take at the end of the tour greater...or something like that.
02-27-04 02:48 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
[quote]quackenbush wrote:

I think he means the bottom line could have been higher....the take at the end of the tour greater...or something like that.

Michael Cohl has made the boys a lot of money....I don't think Mick and Keith are anti-semitic.
02-27-04 03:26 PM
Joey

Charlie Watts is NOT Anti-Semitic
02-27-04 06:04 PM
Snappy McJack Just gives them more reason to raise ticket prices next time. I wouldn't doubt that it might happen.
02-27-04 06:07 PM
Joey

Michael Cohl is a Canadian Jew and is a Genius !!!!!

The Rolling Stones are very very lucky to have him in their camp .

On a lighter note , in case any of you care , Pete T. now calls his band WHO2 !

Word !

02-27-04 08:28 PM
Steel Wheels If the assholes have milked it dry, then hit the road!
02-27-04 09:30 PM
BILL PERKS SPEAKING OF GOODBYES,TTM,CAN YOU GO QUIETLY?..YOU ARE A WANKER AND DAFT TO BOOT!
02-27-04 11:10 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan I don't care how much the tickets are!!!!
02-27-04 11:15 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan And How does "one" Become an asshole? I thought it was somthing you were born with... maybe not ! STILL A FAN~~~
03-02-04 06:29 PM
corgi37 Maybe Cohl means he is going to ditch those people in their 50's who have been working with the Stones for years, and hire a bunch of el-cheapo Mexican labourers to cut costs. Cut costs for him. Then charge us $500 a ticket. Hey, i'd still pay.
03-03-04 10:34 AM
Joey " Then charge us $500 a ticket. Hey, i'd still pay. "

Corgi ..........I would like to nuzzle you .

Jersee38 !
03-03-04 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Maybe Cohl means he is going to ditch those people in their 50's who have been working with the Stones for years, and hire a bunch of el-cheapo Mexican labourers to cut costs. Cut costs for him. Then charge us $500 a ticket. Hey, i'd still pay.

Corgi is a great man and a friend to all.
03-03-04 10:51 AM
Joey
Corgi wrote :

" have seen many lovely chaps on this board discuss that famous episode. Oh, and JB, what did you apologise for? I take no offence at anything any one says on this board. We are all stones disciples, and as such, brothers and sisters. No, better than that! "

Yes , Corgi is a great man --- I mentally sit at his feet and listen to his sundry expoundings ...............................................and you ?!?!?!

Jacky 45

03-03-04 11:03 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Corgi wrote :

" have seen many lovely chaps on this board discuss that famous episode. Oh, and JB, what did you apologise for? I take no offence at anything any one says on this board. We are all stones disciples, and as such, brothers and sisters. No, better than that! "

Yes , Corgi is a great man --- I mentally sit at his feet and listen to his sundry expoundings ...............................................and you ?!?!?!

We are all brothers and sisters and must share love...

Jacky 45

03-03-04 11:58 AM
Joey
03-04-04 06:21 PM
sammy davis jr. Maybe he means after all these fucking years THEY STILL CAN'T GET THE SOUND RIGHT on a regular basis.
03-04-04 08:44 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Joey wrote:

and i too joefly but the best part is knowing that once you have done so you will respond with another of your fanatstic posts in praise of the great man whoich fill my heart with joy and laughter
03-04-04 11:06 PM
Martha Are all of you people rich? 500 bucks a ticket and you'd still pay? Shit..that ......ain't happenin in my universe...I love the Stones, but love don't make money grow in my back yard Edith!

Michael Cohl says things that aren't very considerate.
03-05-04 10:53 AM
Joey " and i too joefly but the best part is knowing that once you have done so you will respond with another of your fanatstic posts in praise of the great man whoich fill my heart with joy and laughter "

Corgi IS indeed a great man and I personally hope to one day meet the Legend in person .

Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards !!!!! "

Jacky15
03-05-04 12:25 PM
GimmeExile The Stones could find a promoter who costs less, too!
03-08-04 02:27 PM
Joey " The Stones could find a promoter who costs less, too! "

Bill Curbishley !
03-08-04 02:47 PM
jb Considering the crafty jew has made them hundreds of millions of dollars, don't look for them to go goy.
03-08-04 02:54 PM
Joey " Considering the crafty jew has made them hundreds of millions of dollars, don't look for them to go goy. "

What's " goy " ?!?!?!

Is that the same as Gayfunkel ?!?!?!?!

Joe Roy Cohn !
03-08-04 03:11 PM
Gazza >There are things we could do better, more efficiently," says tour promoter Michael Cohl, who has worked with the band since 1989's Steel Wheels tour. "Some of the guys on the road with us are in their fifties, and they hit the road with us every time -- and that costs money

I think he must mean Ronnie. All the rest of the band are in their 60's.
03-08-04 03:19 PM
jb Hey Gazza...we went to see the Harlem Globtrotters yestersday at the beautiful AAA arena in lovely downtown Miami. As you know, the Globtrotters were very popular throughout the 70's and early 80's and were regularly featured on ABC's Wide World Of Sports. Who could forget about Meadowlark Lemon , Curly Neal and the gang. Sadly, the past 2 decades have seen a decline in the Trotters popularity as kids today just have no connection. Yet, low and behold, when we arrived at the arena yesterday, much to my surprise, all the expensive tickets had been sold out and we were forved to purchase $25.00 upper level seats!!! The place was atleast 3/4 full!!! I know a lot of inner city kids are given tickets by various local sponsors, but I was still surprised at the attendance. can you explain this? My kids were pissed as we always have great seats and I let them down.
[Edited by jb]
03-08-04 03:24 PM
Joey " Yet, low and behold, when we arrived at the arena yesterday, much to my surprise, all the expensive tickets had been sold out and we were forved to purchase $25.00 upper level seats!!! "

WTF ?!?! You are no longer my Goysky !

Ninea !

" The place was atleast 3/4 full!!! I know a lot of inner city kids are given tickets by various local sponsors, but I was still surprised at the attendance. can you explain this? My kids were pissed as we always have great seats and I let them down. "

Developing ........................................

Shiver ......................................................

J. Ski !
03-08-04 03:29 PM
Gazza >Hey Gazza...we went to see the Harlem Globtrotters yestersday at the beautiful AAA arena in lovely downtown Miami. As you know, the Globtrotters were very popular throughout the 70's and early 80's and were regularly featured on ABC's Wide World Of Sports. Who could forget about Meadowlark Lemon , Curly Neal and the gang. Sadly, the past 2 decades have seen a decline in the Trotters popularity as kids today just have no connection. Yet, low and behold, when we arrived at the arena yesterday, much to my surprise, all the expensive tickets had been sold out and we were forved to purchase $25.00 upper level seats!!! The place was atleast 3/4 full!!! I know a lot of inner city kids are given tickets by various local sponsors, but I was still surprised at the attendance. can you explain this? My kids were pissed as we always have great seats and I let them down.

+++++BLANK FRIGGIN' STARE+++++++++
03-08-04 03:34 PM
jb They did tour England in the 50's, 60's and 70's. I remember Howard Cosell from London one year.
03-08-04 03:39 PM
Joey " They did tour England in the 50's, 60's and 70's. I remember Howard Cosell from London one year. "

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH