ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jammin' Return to archive
03-10-03 12:54 PM
Chico Just rediscovered Goats Head Soup lately and Hide Your Love has finally grown on me. A nice little number to jam away to. It got me thinking about my favourite Stones tunes to have a blast to on the old geeetar. I would say, in no particular order,

Stop Breaking Down
Ventilator Blues
Gimme Shelter(live 72 or 73, for trying to emulate tayloresqness)
Hey Negrita
Cant You Hear Me Knocking.

So guitarists,i'm interested in your own preferences. What's yer favourite Stones tunes that you put on in order to crank the amp up and have a good old jam?
03-10-03 01:30 PM
100 Years Ago i'm a neophyte when it comes to guitar, just chords and rhythm really but i love playing (and learning) the riffs to If You Can't Rock Me, Hand of Fate, Bitch as well as chords to Sway, Sympathy and Must Be Hell
03-10-03 02:10 PM
Zeeta Bitch, JJF but the real shit comes in when you got an open G tuning; Brown Sugar, Soul Survivor, CYHMK, Gimmie Shelter, Midnight Rambler Live version obviously...yeah good selection there I think!
Also waiting on friend,
fuck, I love playin' them all!
hee
03-10-03 02:50 PM
jb I love playing "In another land".
03-10-03 03:47 PM
woodywoodpecker Dancing with Mr.D/Brown Sugar/Tumbling Dice/Rambler

and plenty of others.
03-10-03 11:07 PM
Cracker2550 I like to jam to Hand of Fate, Jumping Jack Flash, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Gimme Shelter, and my favorite all time jaming tune Tumbling Dice. I just love the grooves of TD, GREAT stuff IMO.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST